Machines teleporting into buildings

Thank you for the response. I didn’t want to assume anything in a game I’m new to. It is an issue that I imagine is not an easy fix to eliminate but as I said, since it happens so often I didn’t know if it is intended. I’ve been stabbed by a Hunter through the concrete roof of a revetment bunker and that surprised me but I I’ll just assume that it isn’t supposed to happen, but does and move on with my day. Not much point in worrying about something that is a known issue without a resolution.

Gryff

2 Likes

It’s an unfortunate bug in the game but honestly I wonder how hard the devs are trying to fix it, considering it forces the player to adapt their playstyle and not cower in fear indoors. I’m ok with that but I could see how others might not be…

I in fact love it when machines surprises me by appearing behind me. I feel it should be a feature. :laughing:

1 Like

The spawning of machines behind your back inside structures is an annoyance, but can be lived with.

On the contrary however, I would love it the dogos would enter buildings through open doors. This could call for some legitimate surprises.

2 Likes

Oh, they do. Not often, but they do.

1 Like

I run into barns, close all the doors and then open one. Set a few trips wires with shock ammo and reset the trips every time a hunter or runner try to look inside. If the pile of machines gets to large, I open another door and start over. I have used the 9MM SMG exploding ammo for “traps” too.

Ticks and runners will come into open doors and even climb the stairs.

Moved to the report thread covering the issue. Thanks for reporting that it is still happening.

//Mod

I have started a new game with Landfall update (xbox) and have played maybe 50 hours or so and interestingly not one machine has morphed in any house or barn. pretty nice…

3 Likes

I like when they do. I don’t mind if I kick the bucket, but I rarely do. Most times I can easily escape of kill the machine. This lynx was trying to saw me in Half.

2 Likes

Personally, the only times it really bothers me is when im in a single level barn where it’s hard to escape. I also frequently use the .44 magnum, so although it’s powerful if you have 6 dogs in a barn, it gets very frustrating because if you miss, your donefore.

pretty sure the spotter is at some kind of lumber yard and is a 3 or four star pvg 90

I guess, it doesn’t matter as much, as the post you replied to is more than 2 years old… :wink: