Map of the GZ world with labelling

I’ve been using IrfanView since my WinXP days. :rofl: Still works great, all these years later. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

If I don’t forget, I’ll give it a go on our printer. Wanted to see what it looks like when scaled to fit within 1200 mm width. Should be good to print on banner material I guess.

2 Likes

O cool, I’m curious what the result will be.

I have Canon photo printer and i can print on high-end professional studio finish photo paper, size A4, but i haven’t bought that expensive paper for my printer. 20 sheets is €94. :astonished:

So far, i’ve printed the standard photos, 10x15cm, among other things.

1 Like

I did notice a slight quality loss when zooming in with IrfanView compared to my graphics editor. Also the colors seem harder. But still very good to use.

Found a free graphics editor on my PC called “Paint 3D”, which also zooms all the way to pixel level. Not sure if that is installed with Window 10 though. I certainly did not install it.

By the way, do you know if there exists a completely clear world map, with no icons on it at all? Would be interesting to get it into vector format with all the icons and text…

1 Like

I think there is a clear map, because Artur Meinild used such a map with his online coordinates map. I don’t know how to get it. Edit: O wait I do. Send you an email.

Following up up a question about the colors / looks of the map. I added a adjustment layer and adjusted the color balance. This is just an example.

original:
exampl1

Adjusted
exampl2%20Pre%2C%20midtone%2C%2012%2C-10%2C10

1 Like

Any progress on your printing adventure?

The printer’s been quite busy, and will be for the next few weeks, so not yet sorry to say.

1 Like

Super cool, man! Now all we need is a pronunciation guide. Lol

1 Like

There is already a pronunciation guide for some locations on yt! right here.

1 Like

If I get the time, and with Gysbert’s permission, I could maybe make a version with my coordinates overlaying Gysbert’s labelled maps. Or if anyone wants to use my HTML source, please do so. :blush:

Oh, and a suggestion: Maybe remove the rivals? They’re not really useful in the long term, or for anyone else for that matter. :wink:

1 Like

I am ok with it. :sunglasses:

@Gysbert really great work your map. I appreciate. So fine detailed really impressive work :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Kalle. You have fun with it. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Great map.
Here are a few high value things that I’d consider adding to some sort of map:

• (V.K?) High-value concrete loot sheds found inside Uttern Command Bunker (2), Muskadden Port Complex (3), Hermelinen Command Bunker (2)
  • Locations good for looting for cosmetics/Apparel (Barracks of Command Bunkers / Hotel on Himfjall / evacuation locations / high concentrations of cars)
  • Locations for acquiring large amounts of Field Radios / Boomboxes / Landmines / Car Batteries / Adrenaline / Poison Gas / Explosive Gas (I can name a few but its tedious to type them out)
  • Semla :wink:
    These are just things I’ve been sharing on discord but considering putting in some microguides.

Also not really important but you could just copy-paste over some new screenshots to hide your Rivals’ locations to keep it clean.
Anyway I’ve really enjoyed going through your map and seeing a few little things I missed, glad to see you must have enjoyed making this too.

2 Likes

One more thing: I used nomacs Images Lounge for viewing (big upgrade from ancient IrfanView ), lots of unobtrusive features and great performance. (only one issue is that ◁ and ▷ scroll in the opposite chronoloical directions compared to windows and this can’t be changed, lol)

2 Likes

Thanks Truzzle.

I like to look at my personal map and see in which village or/and house Dr. Ingrid Granqvist lived, or where the road is blocked by fallen power-lines poles, those things are on my latest map (not published yet). The visual map strengthens my story-image of the game world, and helps me remember where events took place.

Others, more combat-minded people would possibly like to add the suggestions you made. That’s why I posted the labelled map so that others could download it and adapt it themselves to their wishes, like adding looting places for quick consultation. I myself have not much info on where all the best loot places are. I know a few, for Adreneline, but ammo I pick up as I roam the land, making sure I don’t spend more than I find. I avoid combat, because combat doesn’t give me satisfaction, I have everything I need. I do get excited when I find a new location or something that is new for me. :smile:

When I have time I will see how much work it is to clear the rivals from the map. :world_map:

1 Like

I tried this. I downloaded the portable version. Works great. Nice viewer.