Map of the GZ world with labelling

For me all the signs of soviet presence we saw before Landfall were some kind of vanguard.
There were small outposts, in general hidden, and therefore these two guys were interested not to be seen immediatly as soviet soldiers and used a normal swedish civilian car.

Everything else (hovercrafts, machines and more greater outposts) came with the landfall in Landfall-Update.

I just don’t know anymore, if this armored soldier with his exosuite has been there all the time befor landfall or if another soviet soldier was replaced by him.

At least these soldiers were, in my eyes, the first soldiers with a soviet uniform that have been seen. Even at the hidden castle ruin outpost western of lilla dyrbo there were no corpses, if my memories aren’t false.

They were there long before Landfall. Soviets came to the game with the Nov '20 Update.

1 Like

This is so well done. Very thorough and complete. Thank you so much for sharing!

3 Likes

Gysbert’s mapping work has been an absolute boon for me. Really appreciate the work he has done for all the community.

4 Likes

Oops made a booboo!
:crazy_face:

I was editing the map a few days ago and accidentally deleted text records from one of the layers, however I had not noticed that I did that when I published the map. Later I saw that a lot of location names were no longer there.

So I fixed that today (thank the stars for backups), and re-uploaded the map to Google drive. :coffee:

1 Like

Good job :smiley:

No seriously, good job on the map so far :+1:

1 Like

This is marvelous! It must have taken ages to accomplish this. I love all of the detail and time you put into this. Excellent!

1 Like

Thanks, I hope it will be of use for you. :world_map: :coffee:

1 Like

Yeah, really a jewel. Thanks!

1 Like

I noticed some new topographic ingame map changes and some other knick-knacks, so I added them to our map.

2 Likes

Thanks Gysbert. The map is a very useful item to have for game veterans and newbies alike.

2 Likes

Thanx Gybert! Your map helps me everyday I play GZ. Great work and thank you for your effort and time.

2 Likes

Updated the map for some of the topo had changed, also added some POIs. Mountain region topo still needs to be done.

1 Like

Thanks again Gysbert!

1 Like

Are you still playing without problems? I haven’t noticed anything of crashing on my side, and I’m in the game every day. I just enjoy a daily walk in the Östertörn landscape. Anyway enjoy the map, and let me know if you think I missed something. :rofl: :coffee:

I’ve started having a completely random crash about once every twenty sessions or so. Never a problem because of the excellent safehouse network, and so far never in the middle of a battle. Only when I’m traveling somewhere.

The map is fantastic as always, you are very much appreciated for your work!! Like you, sometimes I like to just walk the countryside, especially when the moon is bright. Have a great day.

1 Like

Good to see you back on the forums, and enjoy the moonlit night walks. :coffee:

Actually quite stable really. Random and rare crashes now.

Today I updated all of the Mountain Region topography to fit the current, but seemingly ever changing, in-game map. I kept putting this off, because I was expecting a Mountain region revamp for a long time now. Wouldn’t it be ironic, if now that revamp is soon too happen?

I also disabled most of the Soviet Machines labels which I had all over the map, since I felt that their locations were no longer correct. Getting rid of them makes the map a bit less cluttered.

2 Likes