May Update Now Live!

So nothing is respawning in loot boxes at all 0. game crashes after just a few minutes of play and ticks seem over powered now. WTH did you guys do with this patch? How about fix the problems you have been told about instead of BS like photo mode I mean really WTF!

3 Likes

@Ichi_the_blind

Balancing damage is difficult and they’re constantly improving and tweaking. Your feedback counts.

2 Likes

They respawn after 4 hours

1 Like

Yea I guess. It’s just I have to kill the robots as well

First island is now way too overwhelming for how little supplies you get… maybe get one chance at reviving yourself cause you never find adrenaline, and are constantly surrounded by 5-15 walkers at any given time, as well as usually 4 or 5 hunters. The fights aren’t worth the time it takes to burn through all the loot you just spent an hour getting, and then get a tiny amount of ammo back, usually for guns you don’t even have yet… this is going to push new players away big time… maybe they should’ve just focused more on the game breaking issues being reported over and over again for the last couple months, than focusing on how to keep new players interested… I’ve seen quite a few posts where new players have just rage quit because they constantly get swarmed by machines and still are learning the game, and have like nothing to heal with or barely any ammo.

4 Likes

Definitely agree. Starter island should be for learning the game, not bashing your head against a wall in frustration.

I’ve been reading a lot of negative feedback about the starter island and submitted it to the devs along with some ideas to improve the situation:)

2 Likes

I *started a new second toon * and went through the first island to lvl towards getting the trophy(still in the works) and scoured all parts dealing with a handful of engineer class hunters and with a .243 and explosive barrels made it super easy. I don’t understand why there is many stated comments on how this is difficult. I’m not in any form a hardcore talent gamer.

Later though I have seen more hunter parties that are tearing me up my low level toon now and it gets frustrating but a good strategy and equipment on the ground with patience clears them.

I hope the game stays the same personality on the first island. I want more patrolling dogs actually

1 Like

Oh you’ll see a lot of patrolling runners, don’t worry^^ What I’m concerned about is the time it takes for new players to get used to the game. many get frustrated by the harsh environment rather fast, so it does need some tweaking

Omg feel sorry for the devs they must have a stinking headache too many adrenaline now not enough …not enough bots now too many …if you have a second toon why worry farm gold weapons then drop for secound …!!

1 Like

I suspect that the Devs didn’t really expect so many solo players to be playing the game.

I would ask if the stats which are being collected log the number of players in a session as that would perhaps help the devs understand how people actually play the game and therefore can tailor the experience a bit better, as I suspect they are heavily targeting the co-op mode with their changes.

Previously the Single player experience was fairly fairly close to being a bit challenging, and if the stupid deaths from clipping through walls and things were removed then the difficulty level could be upped a fair bit.

However until the stupid deaths are removed the single player experience really didn’t need to be made worse (yeah more doggos (and tougher ones) on the first island would have been OK)

A lot of the changes make the game more challenging/interesting for a party of four.

But I think the single player base was completely underestimated by the team, for a single player it’s a different matter, like others I don’t really want the Hunters and Tanks dumbed down and weakened for single player but I wouldn’t appreciate restarting and facing a pack of 3 hunters with a .32 and a dilapidated shotgun (along with almost useless explosives)

4 Likes

There is no consequence to dying, you don’t lose any items and have to find your corpse to reclaim them or lose durability of weapons. You just go back to a safehouse. Really as a solo player, death is just an annoyance and not really to big of a deal to me. You get used to it

2 Likes

I also feel that solo play has got slightly better after this update

The 4 hour wait for loot to respawn makes solo harder. Moving on to loot in other areas does not always go so well when you have no ammo to fight the machines there. And if you go back to a previously looted location, like a bunker, to try to loot it again you might find out the machined respawn faster than the loot.

2 Likes

It’s been several days on nothing has respawned!

Unfortunately that is a bug for some players. The loot is supposed to respawn after 4 in game hours :slight_smile:

1 Like

Surprise!

I am here, finally.
The game is not bad. Not so bad like I thought a shooter can be, sorry - it is my first egoshooter after… puh CoD4 I think was my last in 2009.
Congrats, nice work team.
I like it.

They do it all the time, I am sorry to give you the information.
You might check this again plz.
I am new and searched for the dead machine for nearly 10 minutes^^

Against my normal gameplay, I bought the egoshooter now - but I think - you are not really ready?! There is so much work to do and so much potential to bring in new stuff.

By the way, so many objects are flying - do you need someone who check this out - I am free :wink: ( and not expensive)
have a good time
greetings

It’s already been found that the bug with the machines is still existent :slight_smile: We ask you to report any floaty things you find in the game so they can be fixed ASAP :slight_smile:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Machine behaviour post April 2020 update