Mission-starts by proximity or by finding items, Information

I’m currently in the process of making a new topic. Once it’s ready, you all see what it is. :wink:

2 Likes

And it’s posted. At least the initial part of it: NPC monologues & dialogues

Starts by activating the “warboard” in the bear hotel wine cellar.

Proof here, at 18:10:
(Not my video, instead, i use it to type out NPC chatter since i didn’t record my Himfjäll gameplay.)

1 Like

Aha Thanks, I add it right away. Btw that’s is a great video, seeing people who having fun, like I have in the game. Struggling with the bikes. I travelled to the strangest and seemingly impossible spots with the bike. I got very good at it.

2 Likes

Answering machine in the town of Boo.

(Not my vid but stumbled on it due to my NPC chatter topic. :grin: )
At 18:34:

1 Like

Cool. However, there is so much changed in Boo. The red house in the video with the answering machine, isn’t there anymore. Now on that spot is a Kundsam. I guess, that the answering machine could be in there. But it could be in any of the houses. Only way to know for sure if that mission is played again in the changed world. Do answering machines disappear after listening, or do they stay, but no longer active?

1 Like

This.

And i didn’t thought about map rework. :thinking:

Though, one way, albeit tedious, is to:

• back up your save
  • wipe live save, so progress and missions reset
  • make a new game and hike to all possible locations
  • note down the side mission start spots in revamped areas
  • once you have all you need, just overwrite the live save with your backup save
1 Like

The answering machine is in the Kundsam, I found it. So it is on the same aprox. spot.

2 Likes

Hogging Supplies - read letter in house in Skogshult.
Stealing from the Poor - Listen to audio recording next to a soldier at 604, -318

1 Like

I have been watching videos, and found most mission triggers. One still remains

? => In the Face of Adversity

In the Face of Adversity, could be some pickup in Måsskår, or maybe the warboard in the Ringfort, because Jenny is there.

1 Like

In the side-mission ‘Last Resort’ Do you remember if the mission trigger was a pickup from this wall-table or something on the wall itself?

This in the lobby of the Hotel.

No. As far as i recall, it starts in Hammarbodarna, inside the Cafe (or just outside of it, on the floor), after you pick up this mission item:

I’ll look for video proof about it from the net.

Edit:

At 20:41, we can see the map opened and recorder hovers over side mission icon, which shows Last Resort, and indicating that it starts from within Cafe. On normal view, the side mission icon is also seen, directing to go inside the Cafe.
Looking video a bit earlier, we can see he making his way to Hammarbodarna, without having Last Resort. And after that timestamp, he skips the Cafe completely, without picking up the Last Resort starting item (screened above).

(Not my vid.)

With this, i’m not sure but i have a vague recollection that it might have a proximity start when you reach, on foot, near or at the finish point of the bike race course. :thinking: It should pop-up when you make your way, on foot, from Masskar to The Ringfort, which i did.

In this video it shows that the player already picked up the mission “last resort” which leads to Hammarbodarna café, and finishes the mission there. So it seems to me, he must have picked up the mission trigger somewhere else to get it in his log. Or it’s proximity triggered.

1 Like

This in the lobby of the Hotel.

O and this from post before… I mixed up another Mission namely “Unfinished investigation”
And left of the stairs is the mission pickup, but I’m not sure if it was on that table, or on the wall.

1 Like

That player did the mission in wrong order, by:

1. Kill the mission specific tank.
  2. Locate survivors.
  3. Pick up the item.

Hence why the mission was automatically completed once the item was picked up.

Correct mission sequence is:

1. Locate survivors (could be proximity triggered).
  2. Pick up the item.
  3. Kill the mission specific tank.

Edit:

It are these video’s that make it all a real puzzle. I like the video’s when player trigger something and “New mission” appears, with the name of triggered mission. I mark this one as not 100% sure.

2 Likes

Starts from bear hotel warboard.

Proof at 38:54,
(Not my vid.)

Edit:
And in this vid, the same player goes to complete Unfinished Investigation mission (he already has that mission in his log since he accessed the warboard in earlier gameplay session):

Yeah, it’s hard to tell from some gameplay vids when the mission starts.

E.g the vid you linked, the player already has Last Resort in the log (tracked by upper-left corner). Since the recording starts from inside the Cafe, it is unknown if the mission appeared once recorder entered the Cafe or before, after recorder killed the mission specific tank. (My guess is that the mission popped-up after killing the tank, directing the player to a Cafe.)

But that much is confirmed that after the message is picked up, the mission auto completes, indicating that the tank was already destroyed. Else-ways, another task would’ve appeared to show to take out the tank.

Edit:

Found it! :smiley:

At 12:33, player enters Cafe and gets Last Resort automatically:

1 Like

“Unfinished investigation”

I think that some missions are possible also added to the warboard after triggering from another location, which therefore muddles the research-water. Fandom is rather specific that the mission is triggered from in the lobby left of the stairs. They could be wrong of course. That’s why I need to see it happen to be sure.