Mission-starts by proximity or by finding items, Information

I have been trying the find all mission starts, and weather they start by proximity, or by finding an item, or from war- or message boards.

I have been looking in posts here and on GZ Fandom, to see if I could find some, and I did. But Fandom lists a lot with just coords, but does not say these are triggered by proximity, or by item, or warboards. If you know any of these it will be helpful.

Side Missions

Hogging Supplies
Stealing from the Poor
Colonists
Exchange Student
Supply Run
Prospect Tunnel
Contraband
Special Delivery
Gas run
Emergency Supplies
A Place to Rest
Father and son
A light in the dark
Unfinished investigation
Last resort
The Response
Capitulation
The Secluded
History Repeats Itself

DLCs

? => In the Face of Adversity
Summer vacation
We Are the Resistance
Fighting the future
The Hatches
Energy Independence
Synapses
Fuel to the Fire
The virus

Main missions

Loud and Clear
Empty Spaces
A Wrench in the Works
Behind the Curtain

DLCs

The Hellmouth
Ghosts of the Past
The Resistance
Where the Sun Sets
The Ringfort
Tidal Wave
Piece by Piece
Test run
Clearing the Path
Wages of fear
New Cycles
Good night

3 Likes

Side missions:
The base game ones are all begun upon collecting the items at the coordinates that were listed on the fandom. For DLC most are begun upon interacting with a warboard in the DLC. Some in FNIX Rising DLC side missions they are begun when talking to someone or collecting an item. All the DLC ones will have stuff like this added when i have finished creating the pages for them.

Main Missions:
The base one Loud and Clear is begun upon interacting with a warboard in the region its located. Empty spaces is unlocked after completing Science of Deduction. The other 2 are unlocked after completing certain missions like Behind the Curtain is after Empty spaces and Enemy of my Enemy are completing and Wrench in the works is after certain side missions iirc. The DLC ones are unlocked in order from the very first mission like for Where the Sun Sets you need to collect an item then all are unlocked in that order.
Let me know if this isnt too clear and ill do my best to make it clearer.

5 Likes

Oh my what are you up to now :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’ll will get to you when of if I need more info. Thanks.

2 Likes

Did some gravedigging:

Starts after activating radio in Hermelinen command bunker and “Patrol car 14 call” is heard.

Starts just after “Science of Deduction” is completed.

Meaning that prerequisite missions are:

• Science of Deduction → Empty Spaces
  • A Wrench in the Works
  • The Enemy of my Enemy
3 Likes

:rofl: Yes, this is just missing information, that I like to know. When I played the game I didn’t know this game was become my goto game, and I did not take note of these things. Before GZ, I just played most games, and then on to the next. Not with GZ. I am here to stay.

2 Likes

HimfjÀll main missions start one after another. If one is completed, next one pops up.

Not Alone → For the Sick and the Injured → Make Some Noise → Arms Race → Nothing but the Snow → Fighting the Cold → The Hellmouth → Ghosts of the Past → The Resistance.

Same goes for FNIX Rising main missions, if one is completed, next one pops up.

Where the Sun Sets → The Ringfort ->Tidal Wave → Piece by Piece → Test run → Clearing the Path → On the Side of the Road → Wages of fear → New Cycles → Good night.

For additional conformation, you can look it from my Guide: "FNIX Rising" main missions topic.

E.g when i completed The Ringfort, Tidal Wave started:

2 Likes

For me the mission start is the location where you get the mission in your log. Activating the radio seems to be the mission itself.

2 Likes

3 Likes

So then I only need to know: where do we get the first mission when we first start the DLC? The rest pops up after that. That’s cool. Thanks.

2 Likes

Did some checking and Loud and Clear starts from Hermelinen Warboard.

Not my vid:

2 Likes

Once FNIX Rising DLC is installed, the Where the Sun Sets mission automatically pops-up (if my memory serves me correct), directing you to Åsötungan Outpost, where you’ll find your only mission item, completing the mission and starting another one.

2 Likes

Never Trust Anyone

That has proximity start.

Sadly, i didn’t bring up the map to see where i was at that time. But when recalling, i should be between Äso and Överbytorp. NW from Äso, SE from Överbytorp.
(Överbytorp - place where Never Trust Anyone takes place.)

1 Like

Man, or rather madam, you are quick!! You make me feel so slow. :coffee:

3 Likes

Anyway, I’ll go ahead and put the data on the correct place, and see if I need more.

2 Likes

So if i understand correctly: Behind the curtain unlocks after finishing the four mission you listed above. Yes?

1 Like

Yes. That is the case.

Also, there are prerequisite missions for The Enemy of my Enemy.

I’ll look if i can find them.

Edit:
After some gravedigging;

2 Likes

OK, good info. Maybe we can find out what mission that is.

2 Likes

Or it starts after Calle is finished about the secret weapons program. You were standing still when I popped.

2 Likes

Actually, i was making my way to the Ringfort, from Masskar, on foot. Sight-seeing and looking what changes there were in South Coast.
At some point, i heard Calle on the radio and i stopped once i heard it. While i was a bit late to hit record, subtitles show the full sentence. Also, when NPCs are talking via radio, i stand still, doing nothing, not to mask the speech with movement/weapon fire noise. (I have a plan with NPCs chatter. :wink: )

Of course, there are other, proximity start missions in the game. From our previous conversation:

2 Likes