Guide: "FNIX Rising" side missions

Hi

With FNIX Rising DLC out, i decided to share my gameplay videos with you guys, so, anyone who is stuck with any of the FNIX Rising side missions, can get help from here.

Guide for FNIX Rising main missions is here: Guide: "FNIX Rising" main missions

In total, there are 10 side missions, in the order as they are listed in the game:

1. Never Trust Anyone
  2. In the Face of Adversity
  3. Summer Vacation
  4. We Are the Resistance
  5. Fighting the Future
  6. The Hatches
  7. Energy Independence
  8. Synapses
  9. Fuel to the Fire
  10. The Virus

I recorded mainly the activation/pick up of mission items and due to that, several missions have many, short videos. Still, i think that every little piece helps. Some missions do have full videos, from the start to the end.

Also, since it was my 1st time through the missions, there are some pauses and Log checking, since i needed to figure out what to do next.

None of the videos include commentary. Missions were played through on PC, in solo game and on Guerilla difficulty. Latter explains why machines have so much HP and it takes quite a bit of time and ammo, before bigger machines (e.g tanks) go down.

1. Never Trust Anyone

Mission tasks:

Gameplay images:

Gameplay videos:

Sadly, no gameplay videos here.

1. In the Face of Adversity

Mission tasks:

Gameplay videos:

1. Summer Vacation

Mission tasks:

Gameplay images:

Gameplay videos:

Sadly, no gameplay videos here.

1. We Are the Resistance

Mission tasks:

Gameplay images:

During the mission, i missed one mission item which i picked up later on. The item is located next to the starting barn, in the cellar of burnt house, on the table:

Gameplay videos:

1. Fighting the Future

Mission tasks:

Gameplay videos:

1. The Hatches

Mission tasks:

Gameplay images:

Gameplay videos:

1. Energy Independence

Mission tasks:

Gameplay videos:

1. Synapses

Mission tasks:

Gameplay videos:

1. Fuel to the Fire

Mission tasks:

Gameplay videos:

1. The Virus

Mission tasks:

Gameplay videos:

And that concludes this guide.

Aesyle

5 Likes

Outstanding work.

Worth mentioning that my side missions only further unlocked for me to do after main mission progression.

2 Likes

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Most of the side missions, yes, do unlock once you’ve finished with main missions. Though, the above guide isn’t for locating side missions, instead it’s for help, if player already has the mission and gets stuck with it.

1 Like

At the beginning i had only two side missions. I think it was the never trust anyone (that was the side mission at the homestead near by Mullaberget Tunnel) and the bycicle race (In the Face of Adversity)
Than I finished all the main missions and the credits apeared. Than I thought that can’t have been. As i looked on my map I saw a mission symbol at the Mullaberget Tunnel and looked in it and a little grap symbol appeared. And i saw the war board at the place where Vernoca gave the modificated harddisks to me. Had i overseen this warboard first :man_facepalming: because i raced to fast trough that Tunnel? Or has it unlocked because i finished the main missions?

No they unlock due to natural progression from main missions.

The Ringfort Warboard is where you need to go to access them.

I think that to unlock side missions, certain main missions needs to be completed beforehand but not all of them.

For example: “Fighting the Future” side mission doesn’t appear until you’ve completed “Test Run” side mission since “Fighting the Future” start item is the leftover C4 from Calle’s truck.

Also, “Energy Independence”, “Synapses” and “Fuel to the Fire” doesn’t appear on the Warboard until Fredrik joins the Ringfort dwellings. Though, the thing is that when you 1st get access to the Ringfort dwellings, Fredrik is not there. So, there must be certain main mission, after which, Fredrik joins the Ringfort dwelling.

As soon as you get access to the Ringfort dwelling, you can also access the Warboard, but it only has one side mission to offer: “Summer Vacation”. The rest you’ll unlock as you progress with main missions.

Latter is visible from Tenebris’es video, when he played it,
(1st entry to Ringfort dwelling at 01:45):

1 Like

Thank you Asyle you are the best.

1 Like

Shame the moderators are not on console, I feel a game night would be rather memorable.

I won’t deny that I’ve considered getting a console just to have the perspective of several platforms at once for GZ, but I don’t think I’d have the time, unfortunately.

Edit: Or the money.

Personally, i don’t like consoles at all (plethora of reasons) and the only chance for console players to play with me is when devs implement cross-platform play. When or even if it ever comes, that we don’t know. :thinking: