Missions disappeared, can’t progress

Well, from what I’ve heard it wasn’t like this in the beta. A lot of these problems seem to be new with the full release of 1.0 which tends to happen. These games have such a massive amount of code, not to mention potentially millions of players on the servers all at the same time. Issues are bound to happen, and when you have a team of less than 30 people developing it in it’s entirety one can’t expect them to fix all the bugs and release a patch in 24 hours, let alone a week.

They’re working on it and aren’t going to leave it in this state. Maybe the best thing for people having serious persistence issues is to take a break for a little bit until the patch releases?

2 Likes

@SR_Kimchi I have noticed that you have replied to a newer thread regarding this topic but have yet to reply to this one. Could I possibly trouble you to drop a few words of insight into this tread as well?

Truly appreciate all of the hard work you folks at Avalanche are doing behind the scenes but the simplest of acknowledgement that this bug will be addressed in the next patch would mean a lot! :two_hearts:

Edit: Apologies for the direct @s but if any of you amazing devs could also shine some insight on if/when this issue would be resolved it would absolutely make my (and a bunch of other’s) day. @SR_RedGandalf @Avalanche_Graham @AnnaBou

PS: Love the game, just reeaallllly miss being able to play it!

3 Likes

Hi @happybadkitty !
I merged your thread with this one since it’s the same issue.

The screen you are showing of your log is set to filter only completed, if you hit Y again you will see unfiltered. This is a bit of a user friendly issue since the Y toggle is telling you what it will toggle to NEXT and not what it is actually showing right now. When you are showing ALL unfiltered you should see “Y World”.

Could you please send me a screen of all unfiltered. I would really appreciate that. Maybe several screens and I can try and figure out what main missions (warboard) you should be onto next that aren’t showing up for you.

Thank you so much for reporting and being so detailed. It really helps us. Sorry for the late reply, we are a very small team and we are trying to catch up. We see and note posts, we just don’t have time to respond to everyone immediately.

1 Like

Thanks Kimchi. That makes sense. It actually might shed light on my bug.

The 2 players that I joined were not as far along in the story missions. I helped them complete their missions and then we all moved on to the Saltholmen Naval Base together. We started the quest- “Calling for help” and competed the step- “find out what is disrupting radio commication” by killing the tick in the shed next to the radio tower. Then I left multiplayer.

When I returned to my game the only quest I had was “calling for help” and I lost all unfinished side quests that I previously had and all of my stats reset to zero.
Even when I completed that quest I could not progress any further.

The bug may be tied to the exact moment that I started progressing in my own story with my friend as the Host. This may be how you can replicate the problem in your testing.

1 Like

Hi @SR_Kimchi Like I said in my original post I have searched everywhere. As you requested here is a screen shot of every mission filter I have in the game (I chose to post all of the ones I see in my game just to make sure I sent you the correct one).

Also thank you sincerely for your response and for merging the topics into one thread.

In terms of receiving a save file from one of us I would be happy to oblige so feel free to DM me with what you need me to do. I would be very happy in assisting with resolving this bug. (Just to clarify I am on PC and not Xbox/PS4.)

Mission Log Screen Shots:

1 Like

Another thing you guys can do when you think you are stuck and won’t progress into new missions is explore. Entering new areas will unlock new warboard missions for you.

Yes I’m very aware to not say a mission is bugged before exploring everything multiple and multiple times. I’m not on this forum just to complain. I understand how you’ve explained the way missions work when joining others and thank you. The way it worked for me was as follows:
I did the first 12 or so missions solo then my friend bought the game and I joined him to help him along. We did all the quests I’ve already completed then stopped when we were about at the same place I was when I was playing solo. When I logged back in, missions that I know I had picked up when I was playing solo had disappeared from my log. As well as the mission that I was currently doing (road rage) before joining friend became “frozen” on my map and I can not start the mission again nor complete it by looting the truck west of Gantorp. I was able to reaquire “world” missions at the war board by going back to the bunker and clearing it out again and turning on power.
These pics show how road rage is stuck on my map and that it is nowhere to be found in my mission log (unfiltered view)

Apologies for the long post and repeating myself but I hope you’re understanding what I’m saying. Thank you again.

I’m willing to send you my save file (see my bug report) which has my stats reset and all missions missing for PS4 Pro but I can’t seem to find how to DM you. Please let me know and I would be happy to help.

Potential Fix:

1. I fast traveled back to the first command bunker and accessed the map in the control room, this gave me back one quest (the one to locate all command center bunkers).

2. I then proceeded to fast travel to an area I had already unlocked where a few of my missing missions where intended to take place. Upon re-entering this area (these where areas I had already unlocked and not areas that I had yet to explore) another one of my missions reappeared.

Speculation:

Playing co-op seems to cause the game to forget where one has traveled in their single player game. (When I logged out of the co op session we ended in a safe point location that was much further behind the progress/safe houses I had accessed in my own game, thus returning me to an earlier part of the map when I returned to my own game) Since certain missions require one to have access to the area the mission is in, in order to access/complete the mission, it is possible that playing co-op confuses the games mission list into thinking one has yet to reach the required areas.

I’ve only had luck retrieving two of my quests this way but hopefully this is a fix that can help unstick all of your missing missions.

2 Likes

@SR_Kimchi If you are still looking for a save file from someone who’s affected (or need more than what you’ve got already), PM me and I’ll be happy to send one.

Some more info, In my case, my progress and the progress of the person hosting had diverged such that neither of us had a proper subset of the other’s missions completed (I had two missions started that he did not yet have, he had one started I didn’t have, and we had a couple that both of us had equivalent progress on), and we had a similar situation in terms of map exploration prior to joining (he went east after Norra Saltholmen and got the safe house in the cave, I went west and cleared Åsö and the adjacent farm). Progress-wise, we had both completed everything from the Vesslan warboard except finding the other bunkers, we both had the mission to access the Minken bunker, and the missions we differed on were all world missions (I remember that one of the ones I had but he didn’t is the one you pick up in Åsö, but I don’t remember what the other one was, and I don’t recall what the mission he had but I didn’t was). When I joined him, I helped him clear Åsö, the adjacent farm, and the other stuff out to the west until the 4-way crossroads with the farm next to it, and he helped me clear everything east that he had. Neither of us made any mission progress, but he picked up the one in Åsö that he did not have but I did. Similar to some of the others, when I reloaded after the co-op session, I got dropped in a safe-house significantly further back (the one you have to claim for the Strength in Numbers mission), and I was able to get the mission to locate the command bunkers by traveling back to Vesslan and interacting with the warboard (though it did not list the misson on the board itself). I’m going to copy out my save file, then try what @happybadkitty suggested to see if I can reclaim missions. Assuming that works, I’d be inclined to believe that his speculation is accurate.

Further update, I was only able to reclaim things that weren’t world missions. Fast traveling to the Arneröd safe-house got me the mission specific to finding and opening the Minken bunker back, but everywhere else I went I was not able to trigger any others to show up again, and I wasn’t able to pick them up again, so the game appears to realize I’ve picked them up, it just won’t actually show them or let me progress on them.

Also possibly of interest, the handful of safe-houses that I unlocked while doing the co-op run that caused this are no longer unlocked on my game, not sure if it’s because of this same issue, or if it’s an intended side-effect of the way progress works (which would be kind of odd, the ones I unlocked were all ones I didn’t have yet, and none were mission related).

@ahferroin7 Did you try re-accessing the map-boards that offer quests in the Command Center Bunkers? I found returning to those mission map-boards allowed me to pick up a few lost quests in addition to the ones I was able to retrieve using the fast travel trick.

Also its “her speculation” not “his”… girls play games too. (Just being cheeky, totally not offended) lol :wink:

As far as unlocking safe houses go, from what I understand only the hosts game retains that progress but I could be wrong.

Hope that helps!!

I have the same problem running on a PC. :frowning:

Its nice to see people dont get offended :grinning:

I also noticed even tho my mission progress has disappeared, my character stats have kept tracking - when I go to choose character my xp is at around 90k

The only bunker I had available with a warboard was Vesslan (the first one), and checking that just got me the original ‘Find the Command Bunkers’ mission. I got the initial part of the mission to actually access the Minken bunker by traveling to the Arneröd safehouse and then down into Äsö. I’ve traveled everywhere else I had unlocked and interacted with the start points for all the quests I know for certain I had previously, and had no luck beyond the two mentioned above. I do know that those were the only two world missions I had though, so that may have some impact on whether I can reclaim things or not.

Sorry, bit of a bad habit on my part (I’m loathe to use ‘their’ in personal contexts if I can avoid it, and as a result sometimes forget to use it to be gender neutral when I need to be).

That would make sense given what’s been stated about the mission system, but I could have sworn that I’ve unlocked safe houses I didn’t have yet when playing co-op and not hosting (maybe I got them because of getting actual mission progress concurrently?).

1 Like

Any word on a fix for this? I just got done playing with a friend that just started and now all my active missions are gone. I went back to where the ones I started were but can’t claim them as they already show gone.

@SR_Kimchi @Avalanche_Graham this is also happening to me on PS4. Will also show you my saved files like you asked if you even pm me like you say you would

Hi there , devs announced patch date yesterday , this problem you have we all have had , they probably will not be needing your save or images, they been collecting data for two weeks . Patch update next week . :grinning:

Hi dont be put off by this as i continued onwards my mission the command bunker reappeared after finding another bunker.lots and lots more to do im on ps4 and felt a little let down but as you proggress through the map more to do.

1 Like