Missions disappeared, can’t progress

Yes. I am running 1.0.5.69 on my Xbox One S.

My map markers did not return after I shut the game down. They only returned after I made a second character.

Another point: My stats all reset to zero as well. (As you see in the comments this is the case with many other players)

Many players are experiencing these same issues. It is happening on PC, Xbox, and PS4. It seems that missions and stats are lost after playing co-op with someone else. And after it happens it is impossible to move forward in the game. It sounds like it was not an issue in the Beta. It may have sprung up post-launch. Perhaps as a result of the hot fix.

@Stokoverse I must be lucky cause I was able to get the bunker network mission back along with over and out and unbearable lightness. I still can’t progress them though. It’s good to know the devs (@SR_Kimchi) seem to be aware of the issue now! Now I just need to try to wait patiently for the fix so we can play this cool and fun game again!!

1 Like

Yeah. I’m glad the developers are looking into it. I already started a new game and I’m going to play solo until they fix multiplayer. I’m loving the game. I’m just bummed that it’s too risky to join my friends anymore.

1 Like

i wish the save game and save progress was kinder , its not very clear at all , i hope this gets cleared up

I only have 20 hours or so in game but that’s 20 hours I really hope I don’t have to lose. I’m assuming that’s what you did, delete your save files and start over again?

Yeah. I deleted and started over. I didn’t want to wait for a patch that might not even fix my problem. I figured I’d play the story solo until they fix multiplayer.

1 Like

Hey Devs – You might want to scrawl the forums a bit. This issue is being widely discussed across ALL platforms. My entire group of friends on xbox have had this happen. This really needs to be the #1 priority because it is making your AWESOME game almost completely unplayable.

2 Likes

I also have this problem among many , gonna delete save from storage and ps+ cloud save wait for patch to resolve game issues and start again , its not ideal but fresh start fresh patch , these game devs are an honest bunch and its nice to see people not being hostile as these devs welcome all feedback good and bad , cheers . PS check out Generation Zero’s latest dev and game owner footage stream 2 days ago on Y Tube many of your questions has been answered there , and if you wonder why i said they are Honest well check out the stream see and Hear for yourselfs . :grinning:

Hej! Same problem here… Joined at multiplayer then went back to single players and all active missions gone… all stats now big zero. Pls fix it i wont start with new character…

Hello All!

Thank you for your patience.

We are currently investigating this issue. We still need more detailed information since the reports are some times a misunderstanding of how the mission system works and there seems to be several different issues all roles into one. Please be as detailed as possible, this will help us!

:exclamation:I would like to request a save file from someone who has lost all their missions and stats please. Ping me here and I will contact you privately. :exclamation:

To avoid some confusion about how the mission system is supposed to work in MP I will try to explain with some examples.

Adam has made progress and completed 3 missions.
Eve has made progress and completed 2 mission and she is currently playing mission 3.

Scenario 1 (When the guest can save progress):

• Adam joins Eve’s game (eve is hosting, Adam is guest).
  • They play and finish mission 3 together. Adam has already finished the mission so it won’t impact his progression.
  • When they start playing Mission 4, Adam will start making progress that should be saved for him when he returns to his game.

Scenario 2 (When the guest will not save progress):

• Eve joins Adams game (Adam is hosting, Eve is guest)
  • Eve will see Adams missions in her log and NOTE the save icon being crossed over. This will notify her that they can play together, but the progress for mission 4 will not save for Eve. It will save for Adam.
  • Once Eve returns to her own game, the missions she previously saw while in Adams game will no longer be in her log!

As a guest, if you check your log and you don’t see the save icon above under a specific mission, you will be able to play that mission together with the host and save your progression.

In both cases above, they will both save any loot picked up, any XP earned. Their achievements, collectibles, stats should also be saved for both.

We have two mission systems in game. One is World Missions, they are side missions and one offs (not connected). The other is anything picked up on a Warboard, they are main missions and more or less linear (you need to complete the previous ones to start the next).

Another thing to note is as I mentioned before. You can toggle a filter to show different kinds of missions in the log view. This has seemed to be the case of players sometimes thinking all their missions have disappeared.

That you can’t see your mission map icons is a known bug.

Thank you!

Issue:
I played with a friend last night using the co-op option. We did a few of his lower level missions (missions that I have already completed on my own single player game) and ended the night at a safe house. As of this morning all of my XP, and items collected have transferred over to my single player campaign however all of my active missions are now missing regardless of what filter I look through. I am not only looking at the completed missions tab nor the tutorial tab, I have searched everywhere.

Attempted troubleshooting:
I even went so far as to pick up a new mission this morning from a house I was exploring and even said new mission did not appear on my list of potential missions.

I have tried restarting the game, joining multiplayer sessions and leaving hoping it would “unstick” my games mission list, creating a new character and even restarting my PC and nothing has helped so far.

Console: PC - In game name happybadkitty - level 8.

Any help with this issue would be very much appreciated as at this point I no longer have any desire to play the game without being able to progress through the story/side missions. <3

PS: short of this game breaking bug I have really enjoyed the game so far.Screenshot%20(1089)

2 Likes

I totally get that you hard working folks at Avalanche Studios are dealing with an avalanche of support tickets right now, but is there anyway I can get a confirmation the above issue has been seen by a dev/mod/etc?

While I’d rather wait for a fix I feel like I might have to go the route of refunding my game if its going to be weeks-months before getting a response and or a potential fix. :broken_heart:

I’ve also lost all my active mission due to playing with a friend on ps4. Game is fantastic but needs fixing fast as I’ll lose interest

1 Like

I have this issue as well. After playing coop I lost all of missions and can’t progress any further.

1 Like

Please check your stats and see if your kills and whatnot also reset. Looks like this may be the exact issue I reported yesterday.

1 Like

I also have the same issue so it’s not exclusive to PC as I’m on PS4 Pro.

You can reaquire the bunker missions, the ones available to accept on the war board but not any quests started out in the world.

1 Like

@unrightentity Stats have not reset in my game but I wouldn’t be surprised if the two issues are related.

1 Like

Yes my stats on ps4 reset everytime I start game since the game wiped my missions :frowning: won’t be playing this again till update. Whicheers I’m annoyed hasn’t already came

1 Like

They’re working on a biggun

2 Likes

The fact that this is happening across all systems isn’t very encouraging. Means there is something wrong at the core of the game. It makes the game 100% unplayable. Sure you can delete everything, re-install, and start over. But you’re gambling it won’t happen again.

2 Likes