More new machines?

That sounds like a good way to introduce them. Might get a bit grindy though…

3 replies moved to proper topic.

//Mod

I am pretty late to this but, I think it be cool with a raid type mech but as you say singleplayer is a big part (for me)

I´d say that they could make it “recommended” to be more then one in gurrila but that you probably need more tactics and prep if you wanna solo this “boss” for ex to retreat in between attacks and utalizing explosives and EMP:s to potentialy temp take down a shield.

You could just decreas it´s attack speed vs 1 player with 10-15% so that you have more time, and then with 2 player 0%, 3 -10% and finally 4 -25%

Now both solo and coop will be able to fight and win, it just requires more resources and thinking time if you are by yourself. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not bad.
At all.

I support that idea.
Hmm… I wonder…
Should that be done ‘forced on all’, optionally, or through scaling?
I mean, not everyone will agree with a tuned down boss, heck, some probably would find it still too hard?

Think it like scaling in the Borderlands games, more ppl = more HP/harder boss to compensate.

I think at gurrilla dif maybe have it with the % and in advent/skirmish have it to be scaled for 2 player = 0%

For ex in BL2 Terramorphus is a mission that is recommended for 4 players, but with finess you can do it solo.

I think it needs to be a designated area or at least a way of tracking/avoid it through the map. exemple: “in fields there is a high treath lvl” and then when it goes inbetween zones it switches… this way it tells there is someting but not exactly what it is.

Could have manny diffrent type of “boss” enemies roaming the map in this way but only 1 per game lobby.

These are some lose Ideas.

1 Like

Frankly, I’d REALLY love to see scaling on skill…
So the game would scale with your personal level more than a set level.
THAT would be, and I FULLY realize that, would be darn hard to implement.

But dangit it would be a sweet solution.

That said: adding more machine types does therefore NOT mean add to the machine pool AMOUNT.
Added machine types would in most cases replace a few existing other machines.
In that regard it would not imbalance the game if we count the overall machine amount.

But I really like that idea.

Other people, please chime in?

1 Like

Not necessarily.
In one of the most popular older era games, Unreal Tournament (1999), there was a difficulty option which you could enable to get adaptive difficulty. What it did, was scaling bots based on your success rate and skill. If you were good at killing weaker/dumber bots, game scaled the bot skill level gradually upwards, until you started to loose more than win. At that point, game dialed back the difficulty level a notch or two, giving you the difficulty level that was a match to your skills.
Also, the difficulty level was constantly checked, e.g die 10 times a row by bots and game set the bots difficulty level back to the easiest.

Same can be implemented in GZ, where adaptive difficulty changes by each machine you meet. E.g 1st Runner (or pack of Runners) has difficulty of 0 and if you kill it without taking damage, next Runner (or pack of Runners) you meet has difficulty of 1 and so forth. Until you get to a point where e.g difficulty level 8 Runner (or pack of Runners) gets best of you and kills you. Game then dials back the difficulty on Runners a bit.
This can lead to interesting gameplay where when you’re great against Runners, game scales them up and makes Runners very deadly. But if you are poor against Tanks, game doesn’t scale Tanks up, until you get better at taking out Tanks.

2 Likes

I know, I was an UT fan, member of the Dragon Talon Marauders, miss.
Hence my name in Steam beginning with =DTM=

But that game was based around this system, GZ then…
Implementing this system surely can be done, but…
How easy or hard this would be on the GZ engine is… depending…

The UT engine is a true marvel in any a form: highly adaptable, and almost overpowering for what it was used.

Even today, this genius system is used due to this.

Sure, there were other, darn awesome engines, the Serious Sam engine for one was dang awesome.
But none were as adaptable.

But this is getting a tad OT, therefore, let us go back to the question: Just how ‘easy’ would it be to implement this system on the GZ engine?
It does not seem THAT adaptable?

I could be wrong, really…

Hence, this is a question. XD

Only a dev can answer that and i’m not so sure that this kind of information is allowed to be disclosed.

1 Like

Oh, so true!!!
Now, this was an open question, miss!
I did not mean to actually get an answer in such regard, but there are a few people here that know a thing or two of coding…
Maybe they had some input, I mean, they could not be entirely wrong, I think.
Sure, they do not know the code of the engine, but I assume, they can make up somewhat, based on the general experience of the engine?

It would however be so darn nice if a Dev would answer this.
A simple “can(not) be done” would suffice for me. :wink:

Well, everything “can” be done but the question is how complex it is, how much time it takes and is it even worthwhile (while considering available resources, manpower and time).

1 Like

Agreed, miss. :slight_smile:

We’ll see where it’ll walk to. XD

The ranking of diffrent types of machines would be really nice, right now I can easily deal with Hunters in smaller groups, but when suported with a harvester or dogs the unters instantly becomes more of an threat. Maybe if you don´t want to code them to be harder just make it so more of them spawn.

runner
lvl 1 -> 1x
lvl 2 -> 2x

maybe make hunters so that every 2 lvls it ads one more to the patroll, and every 3-4 lvls on harvesters and tanks.

It´s a cool concept as you can keep the current balance and only increase the threat lvl in numbers.

What do you guys think of this? :slight_smile:

1 Like

machines capture people and make cyborgs, hunters cut out their brains

Reply moved to proper topic.

//Mod

I didn’t see it here, but what about construction robots? Something has to account for all the new FNIX stuff. I liked the idea of the salvage robots but a construction robot is required more I believe to make the current stuff make more sense. Who built that stuff? None of the robots have the necessary arms/hands/manipulators to build them or put such large parts together and ticks are too small to move that stuff around. They don’t even have to have combat capabilities, but maybe construction machines could be found inside/around FNIX facilities climbing on the walls with a welding torch or something.

It´s in another topic

Lol! And here I thought I did a thorough search.:unamused:

I´m looking to give you the link lol
Because it´s a good idea.

edit: There-New Features (Weapons, vehicles, machines & mores)

For the time being, FNIX uses Ticks to build it’s stuff.

And for the argument of one tick being incapable of moving large piece of structure, well, look at ticks as looking at ants. Several ants are capable of moving large objects. Moreover since ant can lift 2-3 times it’s own body weight.
Who is to say that FNIX doesn’t use hundreds or even thousands of ticks at once to construct it’s buildings? :thinking: It is highly possible and practical as well (due to the small size of a tick and surplus of them).