Most, if not all Experimental Weapons need to be Nerfed

I disagree strongly. The exp guns are fine and and they are really bringing the fun back in the game imo. Yes they are strong hitters, but with the 5 star guns all robots were easy as cake anyways (if you dont belive it just go and watch some older youtube videos). I rarely or never used the pvg90. I only used the al76 all the time and did kill hundreds of those fnix tanks. If you play in a group with 2 just have one guy shooting first and then running around and the other one basicly could kill any tank with his pistol without even dying. In solo play always go for their weapons first and then kill them with a pistol to save ammo :wink:

Now the new pvg90 really is fun and I think those weapons are needed later when the devs bring out some new content in december (maybe new and stronger robots) and I know then you will cry a river again, cause the game will be to hard for you.

Also nerfing things in games is always the worst thing a dev could ever do. It happends in all kinds of games and most of those games were dead afterwards cause people just stop playing after nerfs.

9 Likes

There is no fear involved in this game anymore. Any enemy including FNIX Tanks you can whack them from 3-400m away with that 50 and if that wont do the job then you can run in with the new Kpist and spray them down to finish them off really without any strategy whatsoever.

One of the main reasons why i fell for this game was its unique ability to instill fear and grief just like Stalker did back in the day. You were indeed the soft squishy target and all the odds were against you. Now you are just one big John Rambo running around killing everything with ease. There is enough of these games around… GZ did not have to become of them.

This is the reason why i made my Experimental weapons post right after the first live stream when they showed them off… I requested disadvantages like cool off periods on these new guns not to make the other weapons totally irrelevant. 2-3 minute cooldown timer after extensive fire would actually make you use the normal guns. You could even add a 5 second delay for the PVG to power up again between each shot. Even make the ammo for it super rare to find.

Basically all you need now is the 50 and the Kpist and all the other weapons are basically redundant. Even the Carl Gustav which i used quite alot is now useless when you have that semi auto PVG that basically shreds enemies for breakfast.

And yes i can just stop using them and i probably will… Being Rambo was fun for one evening, and only one…

Jomjom79

4 Likes

And that’s the main fact, no one is forcing you to use these weapons, so if they take the fun out of the game for you put them on a mule or in storage for when a new threat comes around, one that will instill that fear back in your bones :smiley:

4 Likes

Again I disagree. What you are describing isnt caused by the new exp. weapons. Ok I think new and less skilled players can kill things with those weapons now too. But as I said already a few times, you could easy kill the hardest robots ingame with just a 5 star weapons (solo) or with even 1 star weapons (group of two).

Go check some of the youtube videos if you still dont believe me.

What didnt make sense before was that you wasted sometimes like 600 bullets on one stupid fnix tank and than you had to run around for hours to find ammo again. That made the game boring and a real pain in the ass and thats why so many high level player stopped playing the game. Now you need less ammo to kill a robot and you complain that the game is to easy. The game was already to easy after you knew how to handle those enemies.

Yes I agree I was scared in the first few days playing the game too. But after I hit lvl31 the game was easy. Now I am working on my 3rd lvl31 char and nothing scares me anymore. I have done the main quests ages ago and now there isnt anything left for me to do so, except of running to the same places over and over again.

The exp guns brought some fun back in the game, cause now I enjoy killing the robots again. The huge different now is that I dont have to waste that many time with running around and gathering ammo all the time, cause the new guns hit harder and kill faster.

Now with the new exp guns they could lower the ammo drops again to make the game a bit more challenging, but again why removing all the fun the people have ingame now.

7 Likes

Sorry to anyone who I might have annoyed, I created this thread with the intent to voice my opinion. Sorry.

3 Likes

Please don’t apologize, @Simulacrum_Protogen. This is an interesting thread with many different opinions.

5 Likes

Echoing what Ian said! Never apologize your opinion is just as valid as anyone who has an opinion different than yours my dude :smiley: And us being able to discuss it freely is a good thing, heck out of this the devs will see that maybe giving some story explanation to these guns would make them feel better existing in the world, and for anyone that truly doesn’t like them can agree we aren’t forced to do anything because the devs have kept the meta nice and clean for us all right now :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It would definitely be nice for them to incorporate an explanation for these weapons! I do agree. :slight_smile:

Also please excuse my potentially bad grammar! I’m really tired!

5 Likes

I think whats needed is that those exp guns should drop from fnix only. I can agree that having a new player getting their hands on those guns in the starting area kills the game, cause those weapons are to powerful for the prototype robots. I think thats how it workes with the 5 star guns and non-rival robots too. Imo I never had a 5 star weapon dropping from anything lower than a fnix.

I would suggest something like that:

prototype non rival - 3 star weapons
military non rival - 4 star weapons
fnix non rival - 5 star weapons
prototype rival - 4 star weapons
military rival - 5 star weapons
fnix rival - 6 star weapons

Or another option would be to lower the drop chance on prototypes by a huge amount and lower them on military by little amount and keep everything like it is now on fnix.

7 Likes

I do definitely agree with lowing the drop chances, as I already have all the Experimental weapons. Definitely takes the fear out of the game, which is something I definitely have a problem with.

Wait which exp gun is OP?

1 Like

I like them all.
None of them are in any real need of a nerf. The .50 cal is really good now, (but I don’t use it), and the shottie is quite good, while that one trade off the spread and effectiveness of initial hit, making it horrible against ticks. It’s my steady secondary weapon.

The rest just … well, looks nice. The AG4 is used mainly since I use the IR scope a lot, and it looks a lot better than the 5 crown shiny pimpgun I dragged along before the exp version.
The sidearm actually gets used at times now too as it’s not just bad.

4 Likes

What weapon or misc. is the best to use against ticks? Ticks are the most annoying machines!

Run away and hit them with your silenced, scoped .44 Magnus as you retreat…

I only have the AG4 Experimental, and I love it, but at close range my 5* AR5 Submachine gun is its equal, at least. And at more than 150 metres, it suffers tracer burn-out and sets fire to nothing. So, okay. But I do want that .50 cal Experimental for use on Hunters - I hate the bastards, and the fnix Hunters drop nothing worth having, like Harvesters. No, I like it as it is. Give us more missions and story, now. Oh, and more islands, and maybe part of the mainland…

I like that there are rivals, but I haven’t sought them out - I’ll do that later when they’ve built up a bit, I’ve got lots of other things to get on with in the meantime.

3 Likes

I really love the Experimental Krispt, and I don’t know why. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Exactly my thinking. I am level 10 and just got an Exp pump from a hunter in the starting area, while my best weapon so far was a 2-star.

This needs adjusting.

2 Likes

There are different strategies ranging from bird-shot 12g, over hunting rifle from a distance, to pistol with good aim and reflexes. You can also use flares to lure them and then pick them off, or use low-level explosives.

On the other hand, they do little damage and after they hit you they sit there for a moment long enough to calmly take them out close range. Simple first aid kits are abundant and groups of 3 are no issue. Plus if you are in a larger fight, you’ll run around anyways and won’t get hit by them that often.

1 Like

Bruh I just realized that earlier in this thread I said I was studying film in Toronto. :smiley:

I meant to say that I WANTED to study film in Toronto, stupid me! :slight_smile:

I edited it by the way. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you realize how hard it is not to ask,
“What, the film?”

6 Likes