Most, if not all Experimental Weapons need to be Nerfed

So today I got my hands on the Experimental Pvg 90 and it is too OP. I took down a FNIX tank with only a magazine and a half of full metal jacket .50 caliber bullets. This is just stupid. I’m not going to play a game which has a weapon that can basically kill everything that it crosses. The only experimental weapons I think are fine are the Klaucke 17, AG 4, and the 12G Pump-action Shotgun. You guys seriously need to nerf these weapons, not by removing them from the game, but just balancing them out more. I understand that I’m a bit late to this, but I’m really annoyed.

3 Likes

Here some feedback no more New Content until the developers crunch more bug’s out :laughing:

6 Likes

I’m still sulking over my “fireworks” experience with the shot gun, and I’ve decided to be rightfully offended for a while to come because I don’t like the concept of Rivals :rage: And, of course, because I’m old and bitter :wink:. But I like your point and I think it reflects my own concern about the arms race. I would rather have seen better enemy tactics and collaboration than just having a series of 6-stars weapons put in my hand. It would have worked if the game had introduced ONE new very powerful experimental weapon with very limited and rare ammo, that you could use at special occasions. But when ordinary ammo suddenly becomes EMP enabled, timed micro-bombs, the game looses me complerely. It is just silly. Every game, no matter how high it is riding on the wings of fantasy, has to earn to be taken seriously by its gamers.

2 Likes

The Experimental weapons are meant to be powerful endgame weapons, that you have to work for to aquire. If you don’t like that, you can still play with 5* weapons which are fine if you don’t want the sci-fi element too much.

The PVG90 is a lot less powerful against Level 4 Rivals though, but it should still be able to perform better than the other tiers below it. It could use some balancing, perhaps.

I do think that they are planning on adding more powerful enemies down the road, where we’ll need something that packs a little more punch.

10 Likes

I’d say probably the most ridiculous thing is that the Experimental Pvg 90 came from a lvl 1 rival military hunter. It’s so stupid.

1 Like

Xezr yep i do agree , we can always nerf ourselves :rofl:

5 Likes

I’m to old and bitter to understand urban street slang. What does “nerf” means?

3 Likes

Too make less powerful , thats the why Kids get Nerf Guns :joy::rofl:

4 Likes

Yeah, feels like Experimental guns should always come from Level 4 Rivals, at the very least.

4 Likes

Remember when explosives were nerfed? everyone lost their minds. Why should we actively bring that kinda drama to the dev team over these new weapons? especially when they are simply put, incredibly fun to use.

11 Likes

The problem I have the most with these weapons is how they’re integrated into the world. As a guy who wants to study film in Toronto, I have some experience with world building. The primary hole here in the plot is why didn’t the military use these weapons to fight off the machines? They obviously had access to them, so why not use them?

If you’re going to integrate these weapons into this world, they need to have some value and scene to them.

And let me get this straight, I don’t hate this game, I really like it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Correct, and I’ve used a similar argument with players that find our adversaries too easy to defeat, or want more survival elements. But with upcoming, more vicious machines one might not have a choice if the game still should be playable. And I have a problem with silly weapons (that is: silly in my impression).

3 Likes

That’s fair, but maybe expecting a little too much from the dev team with where things are at… We haven’t seen anything of new story/missions so far so it would be very hard to add something that isn’t there in the first place. Maybe retroactively we can see a mission exploring where the experimental guns were invented, giving them world/lore value! I do get what you mean though, and i wondered that exact thing when it comes to the military, how were they overpowered by machines if we can two shot literally half of them, and can clown on the rest. I think it’s just one of those situations where we have to suspend disbelief a little bit. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And that, @tene, is a very strong point and possibly the only thing that eventually (when I’m done sulking) will make me forgive their obvious sillyness. When I get the time (just teared down my kitchen today) I will give the game and the 6-star weapons another chance solely because of your strong logic. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Ah man kitchens the worst part of reno’s, the piping and plumbing can be a nightmare dude! Definitely do, just approach it with the simple thought of how fun it is to stun lock a tank with a 6 star pump, or how ridiculous (in a good way) a two shot rocket launcher is :smiley: The ag4 is great because you can shoot and forget and the enemy can still go down, no other gun offers that freedom in combat :slight_smile: These guns are fun, and as i said if retroactively they can be explained then thats good enough for me!

5 Likes

Same. But still sooner or later they should either add stronger enemies, or nerf the weapons or make them harder to get your hands on.

2 Likes

Big ups on adding stronger machines :smiley: Been looking for a challenge for months now!

2 Likes

Plumbing was when your in college back in the day ,aye lads the correct term is ’ mechanical engineer ’ aye thats better . :+1: Edit All plumbers are Mechanical engineers .

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: thats a valid correction

2 Likes

More self promotion :rofl: is right though :joy:

1 Like