Mysterious artillery? [IN-GAME ODDITY]

It seems weird why it would come from different directions. maybe someone is test-firing the weapon for some reason? if i wanted to test-fire something i would try to hit the big glowing tower in the distance :slight_smile:

also, i donā€™t know if one can assume the shells are fired by a railgun. as they are pretty slow. quite a bit slower than 343 m/s as you can hear the shell being launched 8 seconds before it lands. it does act more like a mortar in that sense. its very interesting

what are your thoughts about that? wouldnĀ“t it be easy (but expensive?) to invade the mainland with NATO or russian troops maybe even combined to whip dat virtual ass? why would they send only one (i think it was 1 russian soldier in the boat) with the needed data (surprise surprise) to help out?

the railgun idea comes from the sound of the shot. at least that should be one reason for it. when listening to it you can hear it humming for some time after the shot has been fired.

I do understand the what you mean with the sound. though i donā€™t actually know if a railgun would make that sound or not. But it could be one. though if it is, then i guess sound travel time is not really a thing in this game.

im not sure what to think. this whole thing has different attributes of different existing weapons but none of them fully line up. like it comes in like a mortar but the shell looks more like an artillery shell or guided bomb. the gunfire sounds a little electronic but you donā€™t need railguns at such short range. (maybe its fired from outside the map?) and when it comes to the light on the shell, i cant even imagine what that is for xD

I think Iā€™ve got location of origin and mortar count. As far as where they land Iā€™ll see what the update brings us next 48 hours

imho i dont think sound travel time, projectile speed, projectile direction or projectile trajectory are very important. its possible that its just a random event that triggers to teaser us. of course i can be horribly wrong.

it does seem that way. it would explain why it comes from a different direction each time. im kinda hoping for space ships

I havenā€™t seen anyone speculate why there is a light on the shell. it could just glow red because of cinematic reasons, but someone actually went as far as to make the light source visible on the shell where the tip should be. makes me think it has some significance

IIRC someone mentioned it being a hint for laser guidance.

random wild guess incoming:

in one of the last messages from calle minken was mentioned. so i went there just out of curiosity. at least the hill above minken would be a perfect position to guide a projectile.

OR its heated enough because it just came from space :brain:

it looks suprisingly lightbulb-shaped and bombs with laser guidence have the same red thing. but it doesnā€™t emit light in every direction. and its usually also alot bigger i think

Shells would burn up entering the earths atmosphere. They self detonate within seconds. Plus, thatā€™s a lot of effort for a 50m blast radius

those pleb shells from other nations maybe. but we are talking about high tech artillery shells or maybe missiles from an alternate sweden of the 80Ā“s.

i think it should be possible as long as it isnā€™t fired into the atmosphere but actually deorbited and falling. if it is heat shielded. but you are probably right that its not coming from space. because you can hear the boom before it lands

how about encased deployable shell as it looked like it was propelled by a missile and gravityā€™s maximum pull speed accelerating it

youā€™re right it does look like it disconnected from something. with the grey rear part having some indentations that looks like something could lock onto or decouple from it

just another wild guess

sometimes when the shots are coming in its more than one shell exploding on the ground. i know that there are some tanks around and/or cars causing side explosions. but hearing that decouple theory would it be possible for the projectile to decouple other parts to cause a bigger spread like a cluster bomb? or did at least someone else had the impression of more than one projectile hitting the ground at once? am i alone with what iĀ“ve seen?

i have a video of 2 explosions and 2 fires at once if u would like to see

this debunks the theory that a ship is firing on us since i got hit from behind in this vid

youre my savior. im not seeing ghosts. not that it would be important in any way but maybe its really some kind of cluster type.