Mysterious artillery? [IN-GAME ODDITY]

Nice analysis.

I will repeat myself, but - considering your conclusions - it could be a ship under FNIX control firing at Måskär camp. Could FNIX take over HMS Viborg after it was damaged by the artillery from Torsberga fort?

Further thoughts:

• the impact crater was there since they “updated” Måskär island
  • Why is this triggered every time and only by using the field radio and not the first time you visit Måskär camp? (Would be a saucy surprise BTW)
  • It has all attributes of an artillery fire - sound of firing, sound of the projectile traveling, BUT - why it’s suddenly glowing before the impact? Could it just be a failed drop and not an artillery shell?
  • In the area you calculated, there is nothing of an interest, however, there is a suspicious device a bit south (approx. -4444:4020), but in that case the angle would be a curve, not straight.

My 2c

1 Like

it could be glided like rocket but it would need to be shot up, glide when on misleading protectory break part then drop the war head (incendiary for the fire at the mast)

Place of origin Sweden, United States

2 Likes

Posting withdrawn by author

2 Likes

Nevermind, I was in Sweden and Scandinavia a lot in my scandalous youth between 1980 and 1995 and I can ensure you: Sweden had no evil and rogue mechs back then neither :smiley: If they can invent FNIX-tanks in the GZ-universe than to develop something like the M982 would be easy peasy compared to a tank.

Rest assured: the most dangerous Swedish thing in the real 1980s were Swedish truckers in their Scanias and Volvos after they found out that in the rest of Europe alcolhol was only a fraction of the price as in Sweden :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Shall i ask Pontus about this on the stream today?
( i have dyslexia so sorry if i get it wrong)

1 Like

If you mean Pontus, I have the sneaking suspicion he’ll avoid answering the topic… cough cough

i will still ask his any away if he ignores it i know that maybe its a sneak peak to something bigger, that is hush hush

1 Like

That’s quite a bit of math you have there. :smiley: Though, i didn’t think that me sharing my observations would spring such a big discussion out of it. :smile:

I might be wrong but as far as i can recall, :thinking: if you walk from the Church safehouse towards the resistance camp and getting about to the Over and Out mission’s radio mast, you should hear big bang (impact sound). But since you’re quite a ways away from the resistance camp, you won’t see anything.

Pontus is our Community Manager and he makes weekly dev streams with gameplay and Q&A.
Twitch link with past dev streams as well: https://www.twitch.tv/generationzerogame/videos?filter=archives&sort=time

i did it at the start of the stream go to it to see Pontus reaction

1 Like

i have seen it but it was tumbling and was a cylinder-like thing and had different explosion sizes

I thought I’d put in a new thought for anyone to ponder over: What if it’s coming from the massive island left of the Muskudden Port Complex on the map? What if it’s some sort of teaser for a new DLC? I don’t want to get all hyped up just to be disappointed, but it’s definitely coming from that general direction.

1 Like

Good idea.

Though, when taking @zappa_lot’s observations of my viewing direction and extending it further out, we’ll get this:

Thought of that too … another island, another DLC? I need a reliable source … where are my crystal ball and my Tarot cards :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s what I think will probably happen once the feature is completely implemented:

At first, we’ll be locked out of the camp by arty fire. Then, once we secure Torsberga and shut down the guns we’ll be able to access the camp and the warboard in the basement. Maybe there’ll also be some resistance fighters who will reoccupy the camp.

But maybe it is actually coming from the inaccessible island and we’ll go there in a dlc.
Or it’s really coming from the ship and we’ll get to board it, wich would potentially be a cool change of scenery.

2 Likes

We need a clear image of the projectile if someone has some time on there hands and has spare radios can you try to get a good picture or video of the projectile that would be very much appreciated and would help in this mystery and help the forum understand this puzzling fluke.:+1::smiley:

1 Like

Has it changed ?
Is it no longer a red sphere?

no i would like to see the the shell itself and it only glowed red at 0:22 it should do that all the way there.

2 Likes