Mysterious artillery? [IN-GAME ODDITY]

Posting withdrawn by author

6 Likes

Those are some very nice screenshots. Judging by the shape of the projectile it doesnā€™t look like any regular shells Iā€™ve seen. It actually looks more like a missile than a shell. Iā€™m thinking FNIX manufacture :thinking:

1 Like

Ok, so it is a shell and not just a red ball.
Interesting.

thank you very much for this picture :grinning::star_struck::+1:
the bottom of the shell looks like it had more to it like a booster

2 Likes

Oo things are getting interesting

1 Like

I foresee this topic getting some real attention now, @zappa_lot :smile:

1 Like

2 Likes

Man that is some impressive data analysis. Though i have a small note. The flight time doesnā€™t have to be 8 seconds. Because sound travels at 343 m/s through air and 1,481 m/s through water, the shell could have been fired long before you heard weapon firing it.

Of course this is a game and there is a huge chance the devs are laughing their butts off while watching us struggle. : )

3 Likes

1 Like

That makes sense. On the scoped-in picture you sent it looks like the shell is falling sideways or even backwards. Was that actually the case? If so that probably tells us enough about whether or not we should try to apply real life physics to find out where it comes from xD

2 Likes

Seems not only to work with radio fast travel
Just before, I came in from Salthomsbro Safehouse over the bridge. And upon entering the resistance camp there was the whistling sound and boom! - the shell hit me.
Btw. there are other bombing craters in the area e.g. on the hill by the radar mast - does any artillery fire hit there as well?

I just did it just now, actually I heard 2 artillery shots in the distance asking me what is happening while looking around me and there 2 explosions further from my position

1 Like

there are two possible shell hits by the gas canisters or the arty hole. the second explosion could have been a car going ka-boom!

somehow reminds of the ā€˜War of the Worldsā€™ movie, where the aliens drop down from the sky into their machines buried in the ground (OK they ride on lightning there) - maybe Calle is right ā€˜de Ƥr utomjordiskaā€™

1 Like

sorry wrong thread for post

It seems like it has been doubled as I have got it on video

EDIT: thereā€™s probably a chance thereā€™s different ammo even because this shell did a smaller explosion

I also have discovered that the sequence will repeat if u stay longer than 20 mins on Masskar because i was editing a video and heard a firing sound in GEN-ZERO and turns out its time based *(my location was in the war boardroom underground on masskar and it hit the same area but i couldnā€™t get it on video

I also saw a bright orange flash within this circle but couldnā€™ttempsnip get in screenshot but i got a screenshot of previous time

If you are wondering whats the direction i was next to the sniper area near the bombarded warboard building looking in between NW and W
e5rwer

Most probably west because i was aiming more to the right than where its supposed to have been seen

2 Likes

I was just chillin and the fog is kinda killing it but i managed to get a video off the sequence after exactly 47 mins of waiting and it fired again on its own no teleportation just chillin

Sounded like it was behind me using 7.1 Surround

1 Like

I can see a light on one of the mountains, canā€™t pinpoint it at the moment I wanna go There but Iā€™m still stuck on watching the artillery (and they might have change the caliber because I think the explotion is bigger now)

1 Like