Mysterious artillery? [IN-GAME ODDITY]

Well i think its from the fort’s artillery as we have proof of different calibers of shells and explosions and the fortress has those sort of guns but either we cant prove it until we get a video of the artillery actually firing only way to do that is multiplayer

1 Like

sorry to burst your bubble but if you scroll up and read the posts it is VERY unlikely to be from the arty base and the shells are different from the picture if this shell.
(ok i cant do that but some people with time on their hands could do that)
FOR SCIENCE!

i notice but im just speculating it might be :3

the only way to confirm it is if we can get a multiplayer session setup and watch its trajectory.

Just saw another shell hit the ground and it looks like its coming from West where I’m standing (I think its somewhere around the Argeras Church safehouse) but I might be seeing things

well its from the west at all times, the issue is the origin point of the shot

1 Like

I have a theory, the harvesters, they call in hunters which drop from the sky. Therefore, there must be a ship in the sky with artillery and is firing at the resistance camp (Complete Speculation)

I don’t know why but The Reaper tank From FOA 4 just crossed my mind

Since this has proven to be a pretty accurate game historically, I might just add some info about the swedish coastal artillery.

The standard armament from the early sixties were - with a few exceptions - 15,2 cm, 7,5 cm and (from late 1970’s) 12 cm fortified guns.

The 7,5 cm guns were the most common, and they could fire different types of grenades up to 12 kilometers. (7.8 miles)

Some forts had the mighty 15,2 cm gun with a Dmax of approximately 22 km. (13 miles).

I haven’t been to Torsberga myself yet, but judging from @zappa_lot picture, I would say that that’s a 7,5 cm gun.

Then again, those shells could be anything…

2 Likes

The Reaper tank From FOA 4 might be relevant to this since the fired shell is very different than the ones in the ammo loaders at the fortress

If we ever do make a multiplayer, here’s my plan
1- X is where every person will be (4)
2- The star is backup position if the X (person) on the north couldn’t see
3- The Explosion markers are the predicted hit points for each artillery and to be stood away from to not get rekt.
4- The Huge Circle is our area of search
5- The small arrows are the predicted courses for the artillery from positions off and on the island(s)
6- If we didn’t manage to get a location of origin, we could now assume its from a different island or from space.

the issue is that we can’t confirm its from the fortress and the shell fired looked way bigger and looked like a missile so i assume you are correct but the fortress seems to be out of the math (for now)

1 Like

So what’s the distance between Måsskär and Torsberga? (Not at home, cant check)

1 Like

About 3km as my screenshot above shows :smiley:

1 Like

my character is on Måsskär and you could see :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whoops, a bit blind there. Sorry! :see_no_evil:

its ok :3 its anyway hard to see so sorry for any inconvenience lol

No no, my bad. Good research effort! :+1:

1 Like

thanks, took a bit of time but if we ever manage a multiplayer session it would be cool and would be a hell of a community effort :smiley:

1 Like

Ok bois ive been waiting for night time now ill record it at night to determine light source or sort origin source