New Content POLL

Hey Everyone!

I’m just wondering what the community is currently hungry for in Generation Zero. I created a poll below with multiple choices for new content.

Choose the option that you want the most in an upcoming GZ update. Also tell me in the comments if you do not see the option you are looking for because you may not be the only one who wants it. I will probably make another poll if I forgot a bunch of stuff. Bug Fixes are not an option on this list, cuz its about NEW content.

• New Island(s)
  • Swimming + Survival Mechanics ( Wildlife )
  • New Experimental Weapons
  • New Enemies / Rival Enhancements
  • New Vehicles
  • New Weapon Skins
  • Story Update
  • Machine Companions
  • More Base Structures
  • New Weapon Attachments
  • New Weapons

0 voters

Also, it’d be nice to know why you want that specific type of new content, or what you are hoping it to be if we get it.

2 Likes

There are no multiple choices, you can only choose one, although its ok for me.

1 Like

Fix all the bugs, glitches and crashes. It is unclear if today’s update fixed more issues or caused more issues.

5 Likes

I technically could create a multiple choice poll
, but I would vote for everything on this list!

1 Like

It’s easy. If you have seen everything, you want to see something new.
We got weapons, bases, new enemies and even revamps of the existing location. Well, not all yet, so a revamp of mountain region first would be ok, too. But after that… It would be great. An expansion of the story on a new region (island).

I would like to see a new island :desert_island:, story updates, new enemies, new vehicles and new weapon skins :grinning:

Fix the bikes we paid for.

2 Likes

I voted for more islands, but most of all i would like fixes to all the bugs.

1 Like

It’s honestly sad to see the results of polls like this, Because it’s quite clear that literally everyone would love to see a new island, But the devs have been refusing to make another one since himfjäll. And with news we have gotten that they have zero plans atm to work on another one is baffeling.
They 100% know that a new island is what the majority wants but they wont put time into actually making it a reality, Instead we get weapons skins and weapon dlc’s…

6 Likes

100% agree.
And soon we might start to have no space for new weapon dlcs :sweat_smile:

1 Like

In order I’d like
Survival
New Island
New base structures
Story Update

Id also like new vanity packs. I’d love to see references to The Lost Boys, The Karate Kid and maybe Rambo. And new, better faces!

After that I’m not fussed except new weapon skins definitely last! Haha

I want new islands. Though if that’s ever to happen, we’d better recruit more testers.

1 Like

Love the game but I’d personally love throwables with their own button and throwing arc if hold button down! Maybe an added function with throwing accuracy giving you the arc?

From what they recently revealed on Twitter, it seems that Himfjall was already pretty much finished up before the game even released, as it was shown on the prototype map.

They won’t make a new island as that would take time and resources they no longer have.

Why put in the effort when you can rush out uninspired skin packs and copy-pasted control points?

3 Likes

Systemic Reaction resources are instead focused on an also copy-pasted dark souls/fantasy rpg open game, Ravenbound :thinking: .

What is funny is that Generation Zero has the biggest fanbase and active users from their latest games, sure with big bugs and many months without updates numbers get lower, but still high enough in comparison with others.
Second extinction is at its lowest time now for example.

2 Likes

… Could have been interesting to me, but they never released it on Playstation…

I don’t know what’s their deal with Microsoft, but until now it often had bad influence on the games in total. Often just Microsoft benefits.

1 Like

The wish for a new Island exists since years. The new bases and the new addet stuff like weapon dlc’s and skins are ok. There where made beautifull revamps of existing locations and some new added ones. But i think now it is time for a new island.

2 Likes

That’s just because of the used textures there.
In earlier days the map seemed to have been “painted by hand”. With landfall update the map changed in some points and seemed to be generated by world, dependend on which textures / assets have been used.

It’s been stated by others before, including myself, but I would like to have the ability to rebuild Masskar.

I don’t want it to be simple like a locate and retrieve mission that was for equipping the truck. I’d like for it to take a large amount of resources (wood, steel, concrete, copper, even tungsten) and have the ability to upgrade buildings from wood, to steel, to concrete. Maybe start it out by making tents for people using textile and sewing thread.

Then, with added mechanics and items, locate food and water to bring back for the people and having to maintain everything. It could have is own defense missions that are much more difficult than defending your own base. This could be where your turret soldiers come from (and require a tent/bunkhouse in your personal bases to keep them there and not have to sirens more resources to have them return [essentially the building would become vacant and the turret won’t be active]). If there are no plans for a sequel, stuff like this would be a boon for the game and community.

That’s what I would like to see and why my choice would be new structures and a higher limit to structures.

I just played the game using my phone today and honestly, it destroys the capabilities of my console (Xbox One S). Only a couple of instances of minor lag and that was in co-op.

1 Like

I would like to see a system where you are looking/hunting for NOT farm for rare items that can be used to make your ultimate gun.

But a new Island would be great!!!