New Content POLL

Love the game but I’d personally love throwables with their own button and throwing arc if hold button down! Maybe an added function with throwing accuracy giving you the arc?

From what they recently revealed on Twitter, it seems that Himfjall was already pretty much finished up before the game even released, as it was shown on the prototype map.

They won’t make a new island as that would take time and resources they no longer have.

Why put in the effort when you can rush out uninspired skin packs and copy-pasted control points?

3 Likes

Systemic Reaction resources are instead focused on an also copy-pasted dark souls/fantasy rpg open game, Ravenbound :thinking: .

What is funny is that Generation Zero has the biggest fanbase and active users from their latest games, sure with big bugs and many months without updates numbers get lower, but still high enough in comparison with others.
Second extinction is at its lowest time now for example.

2 Likes

… Could have been interesting to me, but they never released it on Playstation…

I don’t know what’s their deal with Microsoft, but until now it often had bad influence on the games in total. Often just Microsoft benefits.

1 Like

The wish for a new Island exists since years. The new bases and the new addet stuff like weapon dlc’s and skins are ok. There where made beautifull revamps of existing locations and some new added ones. But i think now it is time for a new island.

2 Likes

That’s just because of the used textures there.
In earlier days the map seemed to have been “painted by hand”. With landfall update the map changed in some points and seemed to be generated by world, dependend on which textures / assets have been used.

It’s been stated by others before, including myself, but I would like to have the ability to rebuild Masskar.

I don’t want it to be simple like a locate and retrieve mission that was for equipping the truck. I’d like for it to take a large amount of resources (wood, steel, concrete, copper, even tungsten) and have the ability to upgrade buildings from wood, to steel, to concrete. Maybe start it out by making tents for people using textile and sewing thread.

Then, with added mechanics and items, locate food and water to bring back for the people and having to maintain everything. It could have is own defense missions that are much more difficult than defending your own base. This could be where your turret soldiers come from (and require a tent/bunkhouse in your personal bases to keep them there and not have to sirens more resources to have them return [essentially the building would become vacant and the turret won’t be active]). If there are no plans for a sequel, stuff like this would be a boon for the game and community.

That’s what I would like to see and why my choice would be new structures and a higher limit to structures.

I just played the game using my phone today and honestly, it destroys the capabilities of my console (Xbox One S). Only a couple of instances of minor lag and that was in co-op.

1 Like

I would like to see a system where you are looking/hunting for NOT farm for rare items that can be used to make your ultimate gun.

But a new Island would be great!!!

In the past I felt more like looking and hunting for better equipment. The game changed a lot. Everything new was just added to the lootpool of machines and rivals. There should be more in the world.

I don’t want to search houses and bunkers just for a 1c gun, ammo, some health and a low quality attachment.

It’s ok to find crap some times. But the chance to find better (up to 5c) equipment or weapons should become higher with higher character level.

1 Like

@ProCaptainAJ How did you make the poll? I didn’t know you can make polls.

By clicking here and then “Build Poll”.

1 Like

Cool thanks for your reply @Madchaser!

It is much cooler to find a weapon in the world in a cool setpiece than getting it from a machine.

1 Like

Yes. If you still have an open world with so many locations and hidden places, why don’t they reward the exploration of this world more by placing good quality weapons and equipment there?

Like I said: the game changed. From mysterious survival and exploration experience to an arcade crafting and base building shooter.

2 Likes

For that reason, I usually leave the guns I find in the world cuz they add to the immersion.

I feel like the game is funnest in the early game, within the Archipelago region. After you leave the archipelago, you can kill higher level machines to get vastly better guns. By the time you get experimental weapons the game switches from GZ to EZ.

And the way that the DLC weapon packs, motorbike pack, and weapon skin pack are instantly unlocked is really annoying. It also takes the challenge out of the early game by instantly giving you access to them in the PLUNDRA at the church. At least let me go find them out in the world.

The archipelago gives players the fear/survival feeling that the game launched with.

2 Likes

That’s why I once made this suggestion:

To be Honest it’s a really Hard decision to make if you can choose only one thing. They could Expand the Island and Giving us a new Machine Class. Also we have only one Boss in GZ. So new Bosses would be Welcome for me. What do you think?

I’m still hoping for this.
Somewhere I once made a detailed suggestion to introduce a soviet boss machine at the same time with expanding the war between these two factions.

But there would have been many changes to be done. I wrote something about changing the region score and level into something faction related. Like factions being able to take control over a region and fighting more against each other. Everything you do helps one of the two other factions.

• you destroy fnix machines and bases: soviet influence grows stronger
  • you destroy soviet machines (and bases): fnix influence grows stronger
  • there could also be an influence bar for the resistance, but as long as we don’t have random events with npc I see no great chance.

As you read above, I would also introduce soviet bases for marshlands and north coast region, with the ability to expand to forest region, farmlands and mountain region.

The higher the influence of one faction, the more bases of it may appear and the more forces and rivals of this faction roam around.

And the more soviet forces you destroy, the higher the chance for a soviet boss rival, or vice versa a fnix reaper.

I would love a secondary weapon wheel for turrets healing and consumables etc :smile:

1 Like