NEW DAWN UPDATE - (Discussion)

Perhaps the character is isolated from the other people.

[NEW DAWN UPDATE]

A New Dawn is rising, and FNIX has increased its offensive in the Farmlands. Get ready to fight, build, and defend at 12 new Control Points scattered over the wast Farmland fields. Available June 23rd in the #NewDawnUpdate for Generation Zero! pic.twitter.com/YAkgryA3YR

— Generation Zero (@GenZeroGame) June 20, 2022

Over the wast farmland fields?
I’m afraid they will be more wast than now.

1 Like

They meant to say ‘vast’, as in expansive lol.

Here’s 7 of those control points:

1 Like

:sob: :sob: :sob:

They are really destroying this game.
When the first homebase was there, I hoped there would be more variety by at least 1 base per region. I didn’t want 20 bases for the first two regions they put them.

How should we be able to raise the region level to get rivals, reapers or these bases if there are just control points but no more hordes of machines?

I’m really really sad.

6 Likes

I agree with you.
Its very disappointing.
But the worst is that Farmlands, once the best spot to have huge firefights, will be reduced to have much less machines roaming around, just like it happened in the Forest region.
Why do we even need to have so many bases?
1 base/control point per region is enough.
This is becoming a base building game instead of an FPS with survival horror elements.
1 year later from now this will be an empty base building game walking simulator with a few enemies to shoot.

PS: I´l be asking for vehicles later, at least will help us move through the empty fields faster.

8 Likes

These 7 locations I found, but for the other five I have good idea where to look. :coffee: I didn’t expect 12, even though Farmland is big. I expected just 8, with again 4 player bases to build. I suppose the new turret hasn’t got legs to walk on my side. But it will be fun to see if it is helpful. :wink:

2 Likes

This. All of this. I couldn’t agree more. Absolutely gutted. Why did we need more than one defense and one attack? It’s dull and very far removed from the game I bought and fell in love with.

I reinstalled the day one version on my old XB1X from disc recently and it made me yearn for the old GZ even more. I’d love them to implement a “classic” version, similar to what Blizzard did with World of Warcraft but know that’s well beyond the means of this small team.

I wish I could be excited about this but each update sees the game slip further into the live service looter shooter territory; a genre I don’t enjoy and didn’t sign up for.

And why mess with the farmlands region again? The mountains region is right there. For me, the that was the only region that could have done with an update from the initial release.

Genuinely gutted.

8 Likes

From my experience on the Game pass, the bases don’t do much to enemy numbers other then slightly reduce robot numbers in one part of the region.

Also you have a max base limit.

1 Like

I hope what you say is true. The results in the Forest have been catastrophic.

If you’re on Gamepass, that means you already have access to the skill respec right? If so, do you know how it works?

I was wondering if it would reset you to level 0 or if it would keep you at your current level but let you redistribute your skill points. Can you do it at any level or do you have to be 31?

Costs 5 uranium and resests your skills completely for a repick.

So you keep your level but get to rearrange all your points?

I think I only did it once at low level by mistake. and didn’t really pay attention.

2 Likes

Well thanks for the info! I was worried that respec-ing might have just straight up reset you level altogether.

1 Like

We’re all along for this drunken ride now aren’t we?
At this point I don’t even know if the Devs know what they are doing with their product anymore.
This game used to have a semi-coherent concept, now its just some poorly stitched together Frankensteins monster of story and gameplay elements that shouldn’t be together, but are squished together In a way that feels unnatural and wrong.

5 Likes

I don’t know why the developers have suddenly decided to jump ship and throw all their eggs into one basket.
I wonder how much longer until this game is considered a scam? Considering this isn’t even the same product I bought anymore.

3 Likes

Base assault and defence is not my gamestyle. I have dabbled with them but only in order to complete my collection of exp ammo schematics and then to craft one of each to complete the “sharpen thy claws” challenge. Now those are complete I won’t be doing any more until the Homeward Bound challenge is debugged.
I hope upon hope that the farmlands is not going to be de-machined the same as the Forest was. I used to roam the pretty much empty Forest for hours but now I will leave it with it’s fully levelled up Fnix bases.
Please oh Please don’t mess up the Farmlands.

5 Likes

Totally agree!!

I can not understand why this focus on bases/control points became such a huge thing?
One per region, as you say, would be more than enough.
I cant shake this feeling that the devs played Fallout 4 and found the worst part (Preston Garvey - Another settlement need your help) of the game the most enjoyable…

This feels out of touch with the game I started playing and fell in love with years ago.

7 Likes

Going to wait an see how this all works out. Feeling equally excited and dread currently.

2 Likes

Gradually I’m asking myself whether I should continue to play GZ at all, it’s getting worse and worse with the bases and there are certainly some bugs that only the masses will find out.
For me, a maximum of 2 would have been enough, but eight again, that’s too much. It is a pity that there is no way to switch off certain content such as B. these base extensions to be able to continue playing without.

5 Likes

The EULA bassically let’s them get away with it. I’m not an expert with legal stuff. But to be honest the EULA has always been a little sketcy to me, doesn’t seem to me that the company itself cares that much if the game is perceived good or bad. I understand at the end of the day they gotta earn money, that is how a product works. But for the past 2 years it never felt like they had a solid vision on anything. Here is thing now consume with not much thought.

4 Likes