New enemy types - Remade

@Pengin6
Agreed!!!
500%!

3 Likes

Hail all:
I had made a post about new machine ideas that was heavily responded to, which I am now (with permission) am fusing into one neatly ordered post.
Full post can be found here: [SUGGESTION]New enemy types - Remade if you would like to read the reviews on the post. :slight_smile:
Do mind, the topic has 1 or 2 pictures in it…
I hope you enjoy it…

PPPS: Feel free to ADD machines and/or Machine Alterations. Will be included in main post.

Thank you…

NEW MACHINE TYPES
==> “Sneakers” (by me)
(these crawl silently and ‘unseen’ up to engage you in close combat (Venom Syringe, Electro-Stun, …)

==>“Gunners”: (by me)
Quad- to Hexa- to even Octopod (depending on the carried weapon type, the more blowback/weight, the more legs to support the weapon and ammo load), different in size from cat (the Quadpods to cow (Minigun maybe).

==> “Cannoneers”: (by me)
These carry the bigger type weapons which fire explosives. The bigger the cannon the bigger the carrier. Line of Sight engagement.

==> “Artillery”: (by me)
Bot-turned tanks with cannons, long distance cover for supporting bots under attack. Can engage from kilometers away, NOT-line of sight.

==>“Tactical Systems”: (by me)
Spy Drones based on specific function.

==> “Support Systems”: (by me)
Ammo Carriers, Repair Drones, …

==> “Assassin Bots”: (by me)
Camouflaged, VERY silent bots, very hard to detect. Due to this feature, they are lightly armed and armoured, still VERY nasty when encountered. VERY patient, usually try for headshots.

==> “Diggers”: (by me)
These burrow themselves like spiders, and wait for an unfortunate soul to pass by. Like the spiders whe have, these engage mostly in close combat, rarely in small range electronic warfare, although they are quite capable in this. Electronic Warfare messes with radios, scopes, and other tech.

==> “Swarmers”: (by me)
very small flying bots, their only job: annoy the heck out of people by swarming them like mosquitos. They obscure visuals, hearing, and have very small ranged Electronic warfare capabilities: these mess mostly with scopes and similar tools. Not bigger than a bee. Can only be killed by fire AoE attacks.

==> “Trackers”: (by me)
Small, fairly fast machines, with only one goal: track down life. Always operates with other machines in it’s tracks.

==> “Interceptors”; (by me)
Long range smaller assault system (as in: can be deployed from allover the country, not that these have long range weapon systems), extremely fast, can cover entire kilometers in basically no time. Called up by the previous tracker bots. Lightly armoured and armed machine type, but dares to swarm (5bots max). Hard to hit due very fast and agile. Not very good in hitting either: their speed/agility limits their engagement capabilities (thus their advantage is their weakness).

==>“Boat Bots”: (by me)
Simple boat machines, armed but hardly armoured, which cover the edges at the seas.

==> “Tick Deployer”: (Idea by @Malnical)
Tick carrier type, for very fast deployment of Tick drones.

==> Ticks with pistols: (by @Max_Powerz)
An upgrade to the existing Tick class robot by adding a smaller version of the gun that’s on a seeker,
A gun that’s capable of shooting the 3 different handgun class ammunition’s.

==> Titan Class robots: (by @Max_Powerz)
4 legged tanks, a walking weapon platform with multiple armaments.
Like some kind of Harvester/Tank hybrid but HUGE.
Maybe 2 times larger than a tank. Something that towers over trees and can be heard for miles.

==> Air Based Machines (by @Mr.Extinct)
The ideas are nice, but i feel like the skies are what is a bit empty.
We only have the seeker for things that float around and annoy the living hell out of you.
It would be nice to see something else flying, something like a drone with a small caliber machinegun attached to it.

• (by @MattiasCN)
    the aerial drone from The Division 2, but not so heavily armed
    and
    Something like a Helicopter like drone maybe, not designed like the seeker

==> (by @RighteousTheory)
-Ghillie Bots- stealth as well as optimal suppression on their weaponry. They patrol the woods as well as bunkers in dark sectors. They patrol the Rivals. (basic ammo and weaponry as well as health kits)

-Geo-Walkers-
They have the substantial build of the terrain as armor plating. Like Ghillie Bots but higher grade like your tanks as well as Harvesters.(Heavy military grade drops)

-Breakers-
These guys are an EMP of transmission that disable your field radios they have radar dishes that pinpoint them out but they have same structure as a tick with minimal armor.(drops parts, often common parts)

-Guerrilla Bots -
They have sniper capabilities with flash for detection but pack high caliber. Slow in movement but fair camouflage.(Sniper related drops and health kits)

-Carriers-
Deploy machines based on rank ranging from Tick to hunter. Vulnerable in deployment but quite lethal in fire suppression.(Drop uncommon/rare loot)

-Dwellers-
Cave machines with submachine gun base weaponry. Medium armor and firepower.(basic drops)

==> Jogger (by @Aquablade95)
(Picture Link: https://forum.generationzero.com/uploads/default/original/2X/f/f3b5b57ee7a32aeb675c521860e71f9e95b4a4d4.jpeg).
Link is Bot Info (textual)

==> Refuelling robot (by @Hardcorewolf7)
My thinking is the robot run on gas/petrol but never stop moving so a refulling bot and then maybe the game could get a little twist as in the robots could run out of fuel at some point

==> Medic Drone (by @Pengin6)
Maybe a Medic type of robot which can fix or modify robots using old carcasses

==> Tracked Mech (by @Pengin6)
Maybe something on tracks a bit like “Jonny 5”

==> Sniper Mech (by @Pengin6)
A sniper style would be good

==> Transformer (by @Pengin6)
I would absolutely love something medium to large on tracks (therefor can carry weight) heavily armoured and heavily weaponised to with a medium to fast pace only needing to slow for tight turns much like an actual tank.

==> Stealth Stalker (by @Pengin6)
panther stalks its prey, light and agile but often unseen until they are within a striking range.

==>

REQUESTED MACHINE ALTERATIONS/PARTS
==> Stealth Machines: remove any and all signs to them (the Enemy Indicator and sounds).

==> stealth bot you where thinking of but could add some poison to it (by @Justcups)

==>hunters that have a cloak device , like the preditor , you can only see a shimmer of light being refracted around them , how scary would that be. also it would force player to use xray on scope to find them. this could be cool. talking of preditor (by @jakel)

==> Tracks could be added in so many ways to new units and existing ones (by @Pengin6)

==>Töcken - Machine Concept (by DystopianGZ)
The töcken is a large hexapod machine with two larger legs at the front and 2 pairs near the rear. It is shaped rather like a stretched out harvester with a rather rectangular body at a 30° angle. It’s head is composed of 2 parts the gas exhaust and the sensors. 3 multi sensors are located at the head along with 2 cameras. Full post here: Töcken the smog machine

==>

4 Likes

Threads merged. One thread about the same topic is enough. Also did some editing.

/Mod

4 Likes

You are too kind, good sir, thank you very much. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Original name: Demoniserade Helvetesloppa (Eng: Demonized Hell Flea)
Type: “Annoyingizer”
SPECS
Height: Tick of same class
Weight: Tick of same class
Armour: Tick of same class
Health: Tick of same class
Sprint Speed: 3 to 4 times Tick Speed of the same class
Sprint Range: N/A
Avg. Run Speed: 3 to 4 times Tick Speed of the same class
Jump Distance: 2 times range of Tick Jump Range of same class

Weapon:
Claw Attack (damage: comparable to 2/3rd of .32mm Moller, Dillilulliputer Quality)

Behavior:
Tick Type behavior.
Claws face open/“head butt” damage.

Thoughts?

1 Like

Type: Mauler/Bite (Poison?)
SPECS
Height: 200cm (78.7402 Inch)
Weight: 820Kg (1807.79 lbs)
Armour: In between Hunter and Tank, more leaning towards Tank of the same class.
Health: In between Hunter and Tank, more leaning towards Tank of the same class.
Speed: 30km/h (1.864 MPh)
Sprint Range: 100m
Avg. Run Speed: 20Km/h (12.42 Mph)
Jump Distance: N/A

Weapon:
Arm - Claw
Teeth

Behavior:
Like a true raging bear.
Once it spots you, it will engage and won’t let go until the target is no longer a threat.
Ever again…
It will primarily maul the target, but dares to bite as well.
Needless to say: the bite attack is… brutal…

Thoughts?

1 Like

Type: Ram
SPECS
Height: 180 cm (70.86 in) at the shoulder
Weight: 1200 kg (2645.5)
Armour: in between Hunter and Tank of the same class
Health: in between Hunter and Tank of the same class
Speed: Sprint Speed: 40km/h (24.8Mph)
Sprint Range: N/A
Avg. Run Speed: 40Km/hKm/h (24.8Mph)
Jump Distance: N/A

Weapon:
Heavy armoured head with 2 horns

Behavior:
This machine should have been called the Tank, rather than the Tank.
Made later on than the Tank, The Bull does it’s name all rights.
It was mainly aimed for the machine to engage cars, trucks, and other vehicles, but it does not shy away from people or animals.
While it has simply no weapon outside it’s massive bull head, this machine is a true killer still.
It rams the target, and when unconscious it will then trample the victim.
Though fairly slow, it is NOT to be underestimated, as it has a VERY high agility and turn rate, much like the actual thing.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

Type: Silent Hi-Mobility Stalker-Interceptor
SPECS
Height: 70–90 cm (28–35 in) at the shoulder
Weight: 70KG (154.3 lbs)
Armour: 1/2 of the Runner from the same class
Health: Runner Health of the same class
Speed: Sprint Speed: 60Km/H (37.2Mph)
Sprint Range: 300 meters
Avg. Run Speed: 35Km/h (21.7Mph)
Jump Distance: 13 meter (42.6 f)

Weapon:
32mm LMG Special (RoF = 59’er LMG, damage = 32mm = Moller Good Quality, range = Moller Good Quality)

Behavior:
Always moving, even when firing weapon (aims on the move), it is not very accurate, nor does it do much damage, but that is not the intend of the machine anyway.
It runs the target down, physically, mentally and emotionally, killing him bit by bit, tiny hole by tiny hole…
Quite honestly?
This machine is dubbed “Tortyrern” for a reason.

Thoughts?

3 Likes

Merged topics. Again.

/Mod

1 Like

Sir @Zesiir
This is NOT about a machine, well, it is, but it is not.
While it is part about the machine, it is far more about the idea for loot…
So, please, sir, bear with me…
I am really not trying to anger you.
Or get a ban. :slight_smile:

About the machine:
Cat type (Jaguar, please… if Lion is king… Jaguar SURE is Emperor!!!), HYPER active (just cannot sit still), highly agile, very fast, highly intellectual.
VERY low armour!!!
He depends on his speed and agility as well his intellect for survival.
Very low damage.
Annoyance Factor: EXTREME.
Idea is to have a machine you virtually cannot hit (speed, agility, intellect), and that basically “kills you through ten thousand cuts”.
That low the damage is.
Once you bump into it, it will NOT let go.
No matter what.

So, OK… you’re already severely annoyed and have not even seen it yet.
PERFECT.
However…
There would be maybe 2 of these in GZ.
They are some sort of… boss…
Their loot: 1 type of clothing YOU DO NOT YET HAVE, out of ALL existing clothing parts.
Looking for the Freddie Kreuger Claw-gloves still?
It just might drop that for you.
X-mas clothes?
Present.
Easter bunny?
If it was released, it is there.
One exception: the PAYED OUTFIT DLC, of course!!!
Unless… you buy it.
And note: only ONE guaranteed clothing part per kill…
Additionally loot:
MAYBE (if the Devs would agree) a special weapon skin (not WEAPON, a SKIN) you cannot find anywhere else, a 1/3 change for this to drop.
1 stack Semla.
A STACK of x-type health or boost whatever (HP Packs, beer, chewing gum, buns, stinky fish, …?)
A few STACKS of ammo.
And just MAYBE they throw in something sweet on top?

REASON: Well, I am fairly sure, some folks have missed out on a set part of outfit (or heck, a whole set due to whatever reason), maybe a set was released months ago and cannot be found no more, or…
This would give these very people the ability to still acquire the missing bits.

Basically: At the cost of extreme frustration… you just might end up with an AWESOME loot…
Consider the cat a VERY annoying loot bag that tries to kill you. XD

Thoughts?

4 Likes

I like both ideas, especially the one that would allow players to obtain clothes from previous events.

I for example started a new save, and have no clothes from Halloween and Xmass events… and for now no way to obtain them.

2 Likes

I had a thought and i was thinking the devs should add an even harder enemy (not class). If this was added we would all have a satisfying feeling after it is defeated (and the loot!!). The game would feel a little more towards horror and more fun.

4 Likes

I have other suggestions…
A spider like (runner) as resilient as a hunter armed with machine guns/ Shotgun and with a standard melee attack as proximity defense.
A Stealth scarier Hunter (assassin class), Silently and Deadly, scary to look, only makes sound when engaging targets, more aware of players than any other machine, armed only with a blade and a silent machine gun.

2 Likes

This is a really good idea, I hope they pick up on just a few ideas here.

2 Likes

Added Semla to the loot idea for the cat.

3 Likes

If I had to pick a new enemy type I would think of a transport type, one that could come in unload a squad or two of enemy’s and then leave the battle, it would be a cool aspect to battle’s, have it with medium armer, could carry [runner’s] or [Hunter’s] and have it come in if battle’s go on for a long period of time, it would make the idea of fight or flight more essential for players

5 Likes

Guys, the game’s scene is Sweden 1989, not Andromeda 2989. So stop proposing Sci-Fi non-sense like cloaking or stealth engines and enemies so OP that you would need guns from same century to take them down.

No offense but judged by many of these “proposals” you surely have no idea what kind of tech was available back them.

4 Likes

The Bull (as explained by flavour text)

We had been stalking a harvey that had been stealing fuel from one of our drop sites the other day. It had been injured in a previous fight with another squad and its missile pods were out of commission so I took my crew out to take the opportunity to observe machine behaviour. We watched it from the treeline as it crossed a field heading to one of the small farms. I didn’t notice the other machine at first.
It looked like a runner, bigger and with some more armour plating around its head and shoulders but with that same gas tank hidden beneath more plating on its back. It reminded me of Ferdinand the bull.
It was then that one of us made a mistake, in the confusion, I couldn’t tell you who, someone forgot their trigger discipline and a stray shot sailed across and struck the harvester. I sighed with annoyance, the harvester was on the defensive now and the whole expedition was a bust. Ferdinand though had taken up an offensive stance, looking in our direction. And then, with an incredible burst of speed, he began to run.
It was so fast, moreso than the runners but it seemed less manoeuvrable. It moved in a straight line towards us making a noise that made me forget all sense of reason.
Peter was the first to collect himself and begin opening fire, armour piercing shots from his PVG barely registering. Frida joined in, her KVM raining a hail of bullets that might as well have been spit, Jenkins had his AI76 on full auto and was following suit. As the machine closed the distance I gathered myself and realised we were all bunched together.
“Scatter!!” I shouted as I sprinted off to the side
Peter wasn’t far behind me, Frida dived in the other direction but Jenkins stood up firing shot after shot into the machine as if he was some sort of action hero.
I heard a sickening crunch as the machines head plowed into Jenkins chest and slammed him against a tree.
As I watched Jenkins body fall lifeless to the ground the machine turned slowly to look at me and Peter. Water vapour was expelled from its vents as it was surely resetting its servos and hydraulics for another attack. It began to tense up for another run and with its burst of speed I knew there was little chance for me if it got the opportunity, but I wasn’t in shock any more.
“Frida, hit it from behind… NOW!!!”
The forest erupted with fresh gunfire and it was as I had hoped, its balance and guidance was all in the rear. Each shot seemed to stagger it as Peter moved right and I moved left, each with weapons ready to bear. I could now see behind that blood covered front plating the powerful front legs that not only drove this machine forward but supported the weight of the heavy front armour. The rear legs were barely there for stability. But this was no time to marvel at the feat of engineering in front of me, I let fly shots from my AG4 at any part that looked vulnerable, from Peters direction I could hear the loud percussion of his shotgun.
Once we had gained position it was short work do dispatch it and I breathed a sigh of relief as the fuel tank was finally ruptured and it collapsed in front of me.
These machines warrant further study to prevent the deaths of those like Lee Jenkins, if you see any of these in your travels please send message to me as soon as possible, but please, until we know more, do not endanger yourself against these bulls

4 Likes

Sorry Xogoroth, I wrote my own suggestion and then spotted yours… I like your take on it alot.

1 Like

Wasn’t that line crossed when Hunters started falling out of the sky?

2 Likes