New enemy types - Remade

I would like some form of flying squirrel that climbs trees and jumps between them, not necessarily flying about as that would more or less limit the practicality of them to open spaces.

1 Like

How about a refuelling robot?? My thinking is the robot run on gas/petrol but never stop moving so a refulling bot and then maybe the game could get a little twist as in the robots could run out of fuel at some point… thoughts???

5 Likes

@Hardcorewolf7
Why static?
Tactically that would be… a darn bad decision.
Do understand, I am all for it!
PERSONALLY, I would prefer to see a mobile one though?
Thoughts?

1 Like

Maybe a Medic type of robot which can fix or modify robots using old carcasses?

3 Likes

Seeker style repair drone, love the concept!

Please add this here as well, sir: [SUGGESTION]New enemy types - Remade

@Pengin6
Why did you withdrew the post?
it was a good one. :frowning:

thought it was already there… eek, new to this :confused:

1 Like

@Pengin6
NP, we all make mistakes.
Seems to be a human thing…

1 Like

you can take credit on it if you re post haha

@Pengin6
My good friend, I never do this.
Credit to those that should be credited.
Thus you.

Please repost it. :wink:
Edit the deleted, if you can, to ‘restore’ it?

damn, i think I deleted the other one now… haha
anyway as below was my suggestion for topic.

Maybe a Medic type of robot which can fix or modify robots using old carcasses?

@Pengin6
No this one is still there.

Would you agree with a seeker type? (air based)
Or prefer a runner styled one? (ground based)

I like the idea of ground based units, As logically an air based unit makes no sense (comparative to the spy drone already in the game) as an attack unit would be to big and heavy, especially if larger guns were needed and really noisy due to power output required so not practical unless really small in which case the weapons and armour would be to light also to manouver in the trees I would expect them to be clumsy.

1 Like

Maybe something on tracks a bit like “Jonny 5” (showing my age haha).

1 Like

@Pengin6
Well, an air unit could make more sense even: speed, agility, and it can get EVERYWHERE.
Then again, for the equipment needed, I agree.
It would take quite a machine to make that feasible.

Tracked, eh?
I actually love that idea, a LOT.
Bloody frikken awesome!!!

Have you read this topic, or just added to it?
If you read it, please tell me, what other types would you like to see?

Yh I have read the full thread. Tracks could be added in so many ways to new units and existing ones.

Overall my feeling is leaning more towards something slightly inovative if possible but true to the practicality of an organic style using items of machinery already widely available therefor not coming across as unfeasable to see in the game.

I see the wheels of the tractors as useful to the machines, as well as tank tracks etc. I think the dev team should be focussing on whats already there or would be readily available in that environment.

I also wish the robots had the ability to lay traps such as trip wires etc that if noticed could be disabled but if triggered either create the expected explosion etc or more interestingly maybe a sticky tracker that cant be removed and alerts nearby enemies for a period of time etc.

2 Likes

@Pengin6
Thank you.

What other bot styles would you like to see?

1 Like

I could list so many but… as a start.
A sniper style would be good.
I like the idea of burrowing units but that needs to be done properly, I would hate to see one just rising up through a concrete floor or on a second storey building etc.
Medic or something that can put up barriers etc and modify units would be good too.
I would absolutely love something medium to large on tracks (therefor can carry weight) heavily armoured and heavily weaponised to with a medium to fast pace only needing to slow for tight turns much like an actual tank.
Lastly I would love some form of ambush unit kind of like how a panther stalks its prey, light and agile but often unseen until they are within a striking range.

2 Likes

@Pengin6
Splendid!
Seems we are on the same track… (pun intended) :wink:

3 Likes

Ultimately I hope anything added isnt rushed as the mechanics need to be spot on otherwise it will just fell wrong.

2 Likes