New Weapon Ideas

and how whould a us ww2 submachinegun get into an island in neutral sweden and there are more weapons that whould be better, like the Kpist is better than an old relic from ww2

Yes exacly (bad english) we are our own country not some us playground or state

And one question for americans and other that wants us weapons in the game; do you even think of the lore of the game? you just weapons from your own country so you can show that your country is the best but it is not and please be lore friendly! no muskets and ww2 firearms. please

Please stop it. You can argue with lore and that US weapons make no sense to be found in Sweden due to it’s history but please don’t use derogatory terms.

2 Likes

Personally, I see this as something that could be used further down the line. I believe that Sweden actually had a handful of Thompson SMG’s.

But the main priority should be to throw in more weapons that would exist in Sweden. For example, in 1989, the Police were moving over to Sig Sauer pistols, unlike the Walthers that are in the game now. The Pistol 88 was very new in service and the armed forces still broadly used Pistol m/07.

And Sweden has its own domestic semiauto rifle, the AG42. In-game, it could be a more effective use of Meuser ammo later in the game.

1 Like

@Swe111, please keep a friendly tone and be constructive if you’re going to post in
#feedback-feature-requests. Regardless of your opinions on other countries.

I’ll quote the Code of Conduct as a reminder.

Play nice
Respect is the name of the game. You must respect your fellow members. Please refrain from inflammatory and defamatory comments as well as flaming, taunting, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, and general disrespect.

//Mod

1 Like

I do not want to show my country is the best. It may be that I like US weapons because I am from the US. And yes, I do think of the lore of the game. Whenever I think of a weapon or piece of military equipment would be cool, my first steps are to see of 1: It was available in the time period of this game. and 2:If there was ever a reason the weapons should be there.

1 Like

I think that it would be cool especially the riot shield

1 Like

The Sterling is still in use today. And it was manufactured until 1988. So it’s not a relic considering the time period. And the Bren that’s from the 30:s was still in use with UK forces in the 80’s. And if UK were to help the resistance by dropping weapons by air as it seems the US has done. They probably would give surplus weapons and not the one that are the most modern.

German Mp40 was in use by norwegian homeguard up until about 1990.

Just because a weapon is from Ww2 doesn’t mean it’s a bad design. Just look at the american 50 cal machinegun. It’s design is from 1919 and still going strong. And I took UK as an example for weapons if the make another weapons pack.

what about a fat-man?
mini-nukes against tanks??
mini-nukes against machines???
download%20(5) ???

I’d rather just see a buff for the current rocket launcher. It should NOT have to take your whole supply of rockets to take out a tank.

1 Like

I agree to buff the CarlG damage, even agree to increase weight per round, if devs think that current damage-per-mass ratio is fine.

1 Like

It is not the weapon, m/49, that needs the tweaking. It’s the AP ammo, that is missing.

Not entierly true. It’s a HEDP grenade. That means it’s both high explosive and armor piercing. It’s not used by sweden at all. Not then and not now. Sweden have separate HE and AP rounds. In addition to them they also use one smoke and one illuminating.

I meant resulting damage, weight thing was my concent as balance measure.

This is a good start - let’s sort out our ammo.
Smoke is just fine, but it’s cloud as good as hand grenade, 50g heavier, loud, and need a whole weapon to launch. Needs more work on how machines react to smoke.
HEDP - lets say we leave just HE and we’re done?..
Regarding “AP” round - we need proper HEAT round. That is - small (as small fuel tank) effective explosion range, but do colossal damage at the point of impact. Require direct hit, highly encouraged sniping weak points.
Illuminating round? Like shoulder-launched flare as with smoke(in-game mechanic)?

And I’d like to speak up my concerns about CarlG: first - now legally unobtainable “chaff” round was tripple as powerful as standart HEDP (both radius and damage), it felt like launcher was actually useful; second is “last round bug” - that is, the round disappear around range of exp-12G slug and effectively wasted.

I think it’s quite funny that you guys started this from my post about the fallout universes: fat-man

There’s a whole heap of ammo that could be added, frankly. But the current HEDP ammo has extremely poor performance when considering the scarsity and weight of the ammo as well as the reload time, as well as how hard it is to hit what you’re aiming at due to how slow the rounds are.

1 Like

I disagree with that.

HEDP rounds work great, if you use them as they are intended for - against groups of smaller machines, e.g runner packs. 1x HEDP is more than enough to take out any runner.
I’ve taken out 6-7 FNIX runners with 1x HEDP, on Guerilla difficulty, countless of times and no other weapon comes even close to the ammo used vs machine amounts killed.

However, if you use HEDP to shoot at harv/tank then yes, it fares poorly since it isn’t designed for that.

Aiming it needs some practice due to the high bullet drop it has. Then again, m/49 isn’t long-range artillery weapon, which you could use to snipe machines far away.

I beg to differ,

when I first tried to snipe (a tank) with a HEDP, I anticipated the drop and aimed accordingly.
it hit it’s intended target without a hitch.
I think it was around 150-200 meters,
I don’t think it requires any practice, I hit my targets just fine and I haven’t practiced at all.
but I do agree: GZ does need AP round for the m/49

It may work as designed, but not as expected. Since there’s no actual AP ammunition, it should be what the name implies: High-explosive, Dual Purpose. In other words, both penetrate armor AND have a wide-area explosion.

2 Likes