New Weapon Ideas

Since all machines are made from metal (probably iron-based) wouldn’t large throwable magnets make sense? For example those can be looted from boomboxes. 10 of those magnets make for a throwable magnet and when it hits the machine it attracts other machines. Throwing more magnets into that clump lets it grow with even more machines :rofl:

1 Like

Or you could salvage magnets from boomboxes as a crafting material ta make sticky granates or something like that. It would be to over the top to make a magnet you’re describing. But it would be hilarious to witness a Katamari situation in GZ! XD

3 Likes

Uh… Textile+Adhesive+mine/grenade anyone?

2 Likes

I was thinking about sticky 40mm rounds for the Experimental autogrenade launcher. As an ammunition option

2 Likes

Thinking of sticky here, why not C4 or tnt, both are somewhat remote bombs, you would be able to press a button for the C4 and make a line of wire for the tnt. it would make for a fun trap, surround the bomb with exploding canisters and then you have a tank launcher ready to go.
anyone else think it would be a good idea?

but the m79 is more lorefriendly

2 Likes

I’m not convinced by this one.
It’s kinda cool, but Sweden never had it. And considering how woefully underpowered the Carl Gustaf is in the game, I can’t see how this could be better in any way without breaking the balance.

A cooler option would be to ad rifle-mounted grenade launchers, which Sweden does have.

I can’t find data as to when it was adopted, but I’m quite sure that they at least were on trial in the country in 1989. I don’t think it’s any more unrealistic to find one of these in the game than it would be to find a rusty and worn out Pistol 88 in the same year.

7 Likes

yeah that is cool, and more lore friendly.

1 Like

Exactly, the Milkor MGL would be a perfect addition just for that, to stagger or push them a few good meters away so you can make your next move. When on Guerrilla Mode, the machines are harder to take down so…as I mentioned before, having a 6 or 8 round MGL would do the trick to keep them at a safe distance, I am talking ofcourse about them Hunters. I wouldn’t see the MGL of any good use for Tanks or Harvesters…cos they’re to static

2 Likes

but it is not in a possible way lorefriendly

1 Like

neither is the US weapons pack

Considering that underbarrel launcher on G3 sit on rigging that looks awfully similar to iconic square rigging for M16A2 counterpart, it might be possibility that we can have it. As of power I’d believe it would be a “hand grenade that we can accurately launch and cause component specific blunt damage and then overall explosion damage”. Oh, and we do need to buff Carl G. I dunno about EMP (seems fine and better delivery than else), but smoke dudation could be either longer of cloud could have more volume (plus blunt damage)
But how do we implement UGLs mechanically?
Far Cry 1 and STALKER has a separate button for UGLs as “main fire mode”, so does PAYDAY2 - this button also deploy bipods for MGs. One of old CoD games had it as “equipment” keys (possible implementation for GZ). Some games treat it as a separate weapon, while it is considered “gun attachment” (Cry Engine 3, it was I believe).
Special mention goes that same ol’ M203 is operable standalone (secondary slot?).
Also, for the reference
ak5
Edit: same goes for AK’s GP-25, but it only natively compatible with AK-pattern guns.

2 Likes

Why is it almost always americans that wants these unlorefriendly weapons and vehicles? i saw that a guy wanted a m1 abrams and a blackhawk in the game, like why, just why?

1 Like

'cause those are like Strv103 or Saab Gripen to swedes. “Own and native to see”.

1 Like

But a few stationary Hkp 3 would be a Nice addition. (Bell 204B for people not familiar with swedish designation).

And I agree. To many US weapons. They are in all games on the market. Better to include weapons that fit the story. Like the swedish AT4 (sure the US has it but still a swedish design), K-pist m/37 (the suomi smg),

1 Like

yes and i just mean that it is boring to hear: oooh lets bring in the us and make so the m4 is in the game and a blackhawk. and yes we had the Bell 204b and that whould be cool to see

1 Like

Are you referring to my idea in here: Let's talk about weapon packs ? :thinking:
If you’d read the whole idea, then you’ll understand why i envisioned Sikorsky UH-60 (“Black Hawk”) helicopter there.

2 Likes

I’ve not heard anyone calling for that nonsense. A dirtbike yes a tank or helicopter no… lol

I’ve suggested a rather effective grenade launcher that existed during that time frame.

I’ve heard you say lore friendly a few times here. What about giant high tech machines is lore friendly to the 1980s lol

I can appreciate you wanting to keep things reasonable.

I’ve submitted some ideas regarding new hunters class enemies.

Take a look if you get the chance tell me what you think.

Sorry if some of us from a cross the pond have been a bit much.

1 Like

How about something more crazy like a black powder musket

1 Like

Respectfully, no…

If you are looking for that sort of quirkiness I would direct you to fallout 76. (Hesitantly)

It’s doesn’t have any sort of relevance reason or true functionality in this world…

You would have better luck beating the machines with a musket than shooting them.

Please forgive me if this comes off rude or disrespectful.

That is not my intention.

But also no.

Lol

2 Likes