New Weapon Ideas

yeah but if there are american survivors in GZ then why whould they have ww2 weapons on them? and sweden isnt like the US, gun collectors here collect weappns that can not fire, they just gets like the shell of the gun, and if other countries decided to send weapons to help us whould they really send MP40:s and Thompsons instead of like MP5 50 cal machinegun. The only lore friendly way i can think of for a ww2 gun being in the game is that one of the gun clubs in östertörn or himfjäll had one or two 1911:s or a luger. And there is no more place where you could find a ww2 gun; military bases? No these military bases have modern firearms for the Swedish military, Civilian houses? Maybe but only then like a pistol because rifles and automatic firearms are illegal, Museums? There is no weapon museum in östertörn yet, Weapon drop from other countries? like i said why whould it then be ww2 guns and not wepons that are better and modern?

For weapon drops/aid it’s common to give away surplus weapons. You keep the best for your own forces and give away what you have i storage and that could be ww2 era weapons. But just because that’s a likely scenario I don’t want old german or US weapons because I would not use them. AG4, MP5 and AG5 would always be a better choice than a thomson or Mp-40 or a garand rifle. There are more fun weapons from the 60s up until the 90s they can add to the game. But that’s my opinion.

Aint that a Walther P38?

No it is the Lahti L35 pistol also in sweden called the husqvarna pistol

OK bud. thanks for the clarity.

1 Like

As of recent (June’21) Dev’s letter we are going to have another 7.62 gun and DMR at that, and we are already in the “hand-making magic ammo” bog, I propose craftable “Match” grade ammo.
There’s behind a lot of gun talk explaining stuff, but to be brief - special kind of cartrigde, tuned specifically for DMRs to be super accurate (getting +dmg isn’t madatory) comparing to your usual gun.

Trivia:
IRL Dragunov and PKM (soviet belt-fed 7.62x54R GPMG, MAG’s/kvm59’s rival) are using same cartridge. Dragunov can “eat” PKM’s cheap ammo, but not vice versa - ARAIR from my boot camp, ammo designed for Dragunov’s will “shatter” PKM’s gas system and SVD+mg ammo will get you “200 meters” battle rifle, instead of 600+ meters marksman rifle without any other consequences. G3 is that simple and sturdy gun, but surprisingly accurate for it’s “infantry rifle” role. M21 is designed to be a sniper rifle, to be able to “eat” extra “spicy” ammo.

Mechanics:
“Match” ammo will load into DMR-grade guns, SVD (“Kotenok”), G3 (AG4) and probably upcoming M21 (S21); AKM(AI-76) and both MGs can’t. Rule of thumb - if it can mount Rifle scope, then it can load “match”.
Bullet’s stats - better ballistics (++accuracy and --drop), more powerful (++recoil, +component dmg multiplier on par with soft-point), very expensive (rare and more materials, low yield per craft and scrap).

This one to fill niche between assault rifles and slow “sniper” rifles, even-out the power gap between low-caliber rifles and anti-materiel Barrett. Basically fleshing out “DMR-class” guns.

2 Likes

That seems like a very well thought out idea. How much yield are you talking about when speaking “low yield”?

Standart batch - 75, “match” batch - ~30ish (about rifle ammo). For a quick-burning ammo this is low yield, I guess.

Ok. Yeah, that’s low yield, but still manageable.

What I miss the most right now is a final batch of guns that were in use by the Swedish police and army in the 80’s and earlier.

As mentioned before, the pistol m/40 would be a good addition, just an opportunity to get hold of a 9mm pistol earlier.
Something else I want is better guns that use “junk ammo”.

My storage box contains thousands and thousands of rounds for the Meusser and starter pistol. Here are the options I’d like:

The Tec-9 was developed by a Swedish company as an intended replacement for the kpist. It was apparently trialed, but rejected by the armed forces. I can’t find pictures by the specific version made for the army, but I would assume it had more of an army-style stock, a longer barrel and had it entered service, it would’ve been green. In-game it could fire .38 rounds. It could either be depicted as it was in real life, as a prototype that exists at the manufacturer’s office, or at an army test facility. OR it could be depicted as something that actually was starting to replace the kpist in either police or military service. Because of its miniscule size, it could perhaps even be equipped as a pistol.

The AG42 was a semiauto rifle made by Sweden during WWII and was updated in the 50’s. In-game it could probably be found in mobilization storages and with fallen soldiers, as it really did enter service. In five-star condition, it could have a green polymer stock and as upgrades it could actually have detachable mags (IRL its loaded through stripper clips, the mag only comes out for cleaning).

The GRAM 63 was a domestic assault rifle competitor for the trials that resulted in Sweden adopting the AG4. It was based on the AG42 and offered in several calibers and in-game it could use Meuser ammo. It could either be depicted as a rare prototype that players could find, or as a weapon that saw limited adoption.

2 Likes

Dear developers! I would very much like to see the MG3 machine gun in the game. The path is even though in the German weapons pack (I’m willing to pay) or just like that. This is a fairly common machine gun with a great rate of fire and killing power and it is under the caliber of 7.61x51 which is already in the game. In addition, it is used in your country on some tanks)

2 Likes

The Tec-9 is a 9mm weapon. And I don’t see a point for introducing .38 ammo to the game. But I believe you meant .32. And for that ammo I’d like to see the Škorpion vz. 61. I believe we need a second weapon for that ammo. Not sure I would use it that much because the standard smg in game would probably be better.

1 Like

but sweden did not have the mg3 on tanks in the 80s or 90s, it was for our strv 122
We got the tank in 1997 and the machineguns followed with it. so the swedish army has the mg3, but that is today. Tanks at the time used the Ksp 58 and that was the standard issue machinegun for the armed forces. Today we use as a heavy machinegun the Browning 50 cal machinegun (used in the army and that one is usualy on a bipod and on ships and vehicles) and then the Ksp 58 (Used in the army and it is still very used in the swedish armed forces but now it is upgraded with attachments, execpt the homeguards, i think they dont have any attachments) And now the mg3, we didnt use it in the 80s, but we do today but it is not a common machinegun, it is used by special groups and on tanks

2 Likes

and now when i am already in this i can say that we have miniguns and Ksp 90 too
the ksp 90 is a swedish army standard issue machinegun

Two of these pictures are from the Swedish armed forces

Those two weapons are already in the game, albeit under different names. Unfortunately, because of how the game’s balanced, they’re not useful.

There’s a thread on the subject here:

Branching off-topic:

Tanks at that time used kulspruta m/39 (machinegun m/39) as the mg mounted in the tanks. And is still used in the CV90. The ksp 58 (mg 58) was used mounted on top of the tanks. And the 39 is basically an aircooled Browning M1917. The water cooled version is called kulspruta m/36 and it was in service up until early 90s I think. In static defense most probably. So the m/36 could be a weapon to add for base defense. (haven’t been able to try out bases yet so not sure how it works).

I think both the CV90 and strv 103 used ksp58. Not sure about ikv91 or Centurions, though.

Str 103 use ksp 58 but it’s not mounted inside. It has two mounted in boxes outside of the fighting compartment. So in order to reload the crew need to go outside.

CV90 has either ksp 39 or 58. On the modells that use the 39 it’s mounted parallell to the Canon. The modells with 58 has the mg mounted in top of the turret roof.

Centurion in swedish service has the kulspruta m/39.

The 58 is not a good mg for mounting inside the fighting compartment that’s why Sweden still use the older m/39 even today.

So m/36 and maybe m/39 could be a good weapon for static defense in the game.

Edit: forgott the Ikv 91. It also used the 39