New Weapon Ideas

What if the devs added AIRSTRIKES. They would be a one and done usage and would be extremely rare to find. Imagine launching an airstrike when 50 hunters are after you.

1 Like

Why would you want a Makarov or an M1911?
An RPG7 or RPG18 would be better :grin:
(The others seem fine too :wink: )
I do have the rational solution for the availability of such weapons.
With a future DLC, a destroyed FOB base from NATO or URSS in one of the islands, where you could find Soviet or NATO weapons, or an easier and lazy way would be to find paradropped crates next to dead special forces ( Spetsnaz, Delta Force, SAS) located with radio beacons.

1 Like

yeah man a amor penetrating rockket launcher would be great. But a nice M1911 would be awesome. Atleast some sort of .45 caliber. And those crates from paratroopers would be coolā€¦

1 Like

Considering how many Swedish weapons that arenā€™t represented in the game, even though they were common (m/07 and m/40 and Sig Sauer pistols, AG42 semiauto rifle, pskott m/86 and pskott m/68 disposable antitank weapons etc).

2 Likes

The molotov coaktail in my opinion would be a great addition to the game.

2 Likes

You canā€™t just say ā€œI would likeā€¦ā€ and then insert whatever random weapon you can think of.
Well you can, but IMO thatā€™s pointless!
A new firearm in GZ needs to meet a few requirements:

• It should fill in a gap between the existing weapons. You shouldnā€™t just implement letā€™s say a new 5.56 rifle (e.g. M16) because it looks cool, when in fact it performs identically to the current AG5.

• It should be possible to acquire in 1980ā€™s Sweden.

• It should be able to do reasonable damage to armor.

Iā€™ll give two examples of new guns I would like to see.

• Colt 1911 pistol in .45 ACP. Could take a silencer or a compensator. The original 7 round magazine could be upgraded from +1 to + 5 rounds. The gun would have a lower ammo capacity and lower handling than the Klaucke 17, but a damage output somewhere in between that one and the .44 Magnus. A new ammo type would be required.

• Lever-action rifle in .45-70 Govā€™t. Could take a silencer, compensator or a barrel extension. It could also take a red-dot sight or a 1-4 or 4-8 scope. Iā€™d suggest a tubular magazine with a stock capacity of of 4 rounds, but upgradeable from +1 to +5 rounds, as lever rifles with 9 round mags in that caliber exist IRL. This gun would be superior to the Meusser and Ƅlgstudsare in almost every way, except for long range accuracy and reload time. The damage output would be noticeably higher than the Ƅlgstudsare and shotgun slugs, but of course lower than the PVG90. A new ammo type would be required. A perfect ā€œRiflesā€ class weapon for hitting hard at close to medium ranges, one-shotting Runners and disabling Hunters with a handful of well-aimed shots.

I wonder if any of you agree with me on this? :blush:

Iā€™d love to look into this further @Hogge -could you maybe pop a good list down and Iā€™ll take a look at everything they missed out on.

Nice one.

Alias

Well that is the idea. The M16A2 while a 5.56 rifle, is 3 round burst, the only other three round burst weapon is the AI-76, which is 7.62x39mm. And the exact reason you wanted the .45 is why i recommended the M1911. I was just spewing out ideas not much focusing on the specifics. The PKM would fit in like this. The PKM in real life shoots 7.62x54mmr. Which would mean a new caliber. However we can still just keep it as 7.62, as the AG4 shoots 7.62x51mm, and the AI-76 shoots 7.62x39mm. All of this falls under just 7.62 in game. So we could just keep PKM 7.62. And the 7.62 could have a lower fire rate than the KVM 59, but have higher damage due to its larger caliber in real life. I think people here are not seriously thinking they should sdd every weapon. I think they just say something would be cool. Like flying helicopters in this game would cool. But that does not fit in well.

It would be cool if we could use the hunterā€™s blade as a new melee weapon. Quality could correspond to the machineā€™s type (1 Star= Prototype, 4 Star= Apocalypse, 5 Star= Rival?) It would be a rare drop from hunters, and maybe it could have a special, dash/charge attack, like when the hunter impales you.

@Sampardan Its in the game mate just not currently a weapon. This idea has been discussed. would you like to know where to find the set pieces or should I call a moderator to merge with weapons requests?

I was suggesting it as a weapons request, but I would also like to know about the set pieces, which I was not previously aware of.

how far into the game are you and what platform?

I am playing PC, and just finished the ā€œOver and Outā€ mission.

Same discussion topics merged.

//Mod

I made a whole thread on the subject a year ago:

1 Like

Oh superb thanks mate, Iā€™ll enjoy reading this later as the more I dissolve into this game, the more I see the opportunities that have been missed to really give a feel of what was actually available at the time.

Nice profile pic as well, god I miss Goldeneye.

Alias

1 Like

Iā€™d love to see an M14 as a sidegrade to the AG4, with comparably more kick and more damage. Canā€™t speak to its historical accuracy, maybe there would have been some present somewhere in Sweden, but thatā€™s a bit of a reach.
While Iā€™m at it, Iā€™d like to see a Colt M1917 or something comparable, thatā€™d use 9mm with a slower rate of fire and slightly higher damage. (Everyone knows that revolvers in games do more damage, after all.)
Finally, an 80s classic thatā€™d be above and beyond cool to see would be a SPAS-12. Semi-auto and stylish, and probably a neat sidegrade to the Sjoqvist.

1 Like

They should have made the semi auto the experimental.

I can forgive the AG4 over the AG5 as it takes a lot of time to master it. The AG4 is the safe bet.

But the pump over the semi-auto? The 6 pump is good, especially with bird shot but would have preferred the 5 bang.

Semi auto gang! Its way better than the 12G cuz it can decimate runners so fast. The exp shotties just eats at your ammo.

Pure support weapon. There are far better mainā€™s available that as you rightly put, do more damage for less ammo.