New weapon pack coming

It is definitely more the M9 Beretta. Just from the name, the look, the caliber, and irl time setting.

Not to jump the gun, but I can see there’s effort in presentation, which could mean they WILL try to explain how the guns make sense in the GZ universe. It could’ve made it more believable that the gun is like this handgun file/drawing (like they did with the Calle bbs board), but looks to be for twitter showcasing purpouses. If the effort is spent to showcasing and selling the idea of the weapon, then I can put some faith in them presenting the guns in an understandable way as well. Otherwise who would put effort in a twitter post to make authentic document and a stamp made on top with the FX and not do that same introduction for it’s existence in the game :smiley:

The 3D models and look of the game never failed to impress

1 Like

hmm yeah. That could be possible; If it is like a document. Maybe it could have been found in a weapons crate. With the file of the weapon inside.

Exactly the way I see that happening now. Thing is, will there be some lore attached as a document as W h y it’s there? Could spike some internal conspiracies and discussion about that alone, which would give that gun pack it’s worth when that info is known

1 Like

Isnt it 9mm like the klaucke? That’s what it says on the poster?

Yeah. I had made a thread for this kind of theory. It can be found here

If it´s the M9 , which looks more like it, it´s 9mm, if it´s the 1911 it´s 5 acp.
I do wonder when we are getting another weapon to use the 32 acp ammo though.
The M9 is the successor of 1911 for the U.S army(bigger user), being similar.

1 Like

It says medium-power 9mm?

Oh man… that is like saying that Alfa Romeo Giulia is similar to Dodge Charger :laughing:

Agree to disagree.
Very similar weapons.
It´s more like Alfa Romeo 8 C and Alfa Romeo 4C.
Different but still similar.

Shape and size, in dark from very far away - maybe.

But Beretta is different from 1911 in so many ways that listing them here would result in me growing a full Gandalf beard… and I shaved 2 days ago :wink:

The guns are similar.
And being handguns they can´t be that much different from each other too because of user purposes.
I´m not saying they are the same, i´m saying they are similar.
They have different design details.
But when you look at them “yes they are different but the size is the same and the design similar”, if you painted them both black it would be difficult to see the differences from 2 meters away.
Ballistics and performance have not been compared and will not be compared.
It´s about “looks”.
If i knew my quick affirmation about which one of the 2 is the right model resulted in this, i would have not have said anything about the new DLC info.

And about being “successor” the M9 is the Successor of the 1911 for the U.S armed forces, not the “next” model evolution, that might give some people the wrong impression.

I agree as I have said gz won’t be leaving me ever… this game and company have given me more enjoyment over the last year… I never meant anything bad about the pack just voiced my concern. I’m still gonna pick up gz play it and keep getting these updates and packs because the devs and this game have given me alot of stressful and fun times with more to come I hope

1 Like

I made a comparison of the N9 Handgun to the Beretta 92, as well as the American M1911. I am aware the Beretta image is an airsoft gun. However it is realistic, high rez, and has a similar angle to the N9.

3 Likes

M9 is a replacement, not a successor. 1911’s are still in use and not phased out.

I’ll just say this: Minigun

3 Likes

Yes, but for me in terms of Firearms use by armed forces, replacement and successor is the same, because almost always the one that is “replaced”, is replaced by a weapon of similar characteristics, sometimes better but usually less old.

• M16-M4 and soon the new model that uses different bullets, no longer using the 5.56mm
  • AK47-AK74 and later the AK-12
1 Like

This topic is about the new weapon pack coming. Not a place to just place weapons you want in-game.

1 Like

I gotcha, but just by terms alone. Replacement is the process of replacing something. Successor becomes once a predecessor is deemed. The 1911 is not a predecessor because it is not ‘replaced’ yet. The M9 will soon be replaced (if not already) by Sig P320 which is going to make a lot of replacements with no true successor, especially since they have 9mm and .45 variants and maybe that might be the ticket.

Just wording and coinage is all.

1 Like

They drop off tanks whenever I shoot them. Maybe I should go pick one up and try it on.

2 Likes