NFT in video games

You misunderstand.

I meant the people who want them removed or banned are nerds :nerd_face:

I personally think modding should be allowed since it is a pve game with currently little fun to do endgame.

That’s a cool use of the blockchain, I think. As long as it doesn’t become an important feature. The transactions should rely on the existing player base’s processing power and traders shouldn’t expect an high performing system. If traders would be ready to wait for days or even weeks before their transaction gets verified, I would be OK with that.

Indeed I totally misunderstood. But the the statement that people will always find ways to circumvent restrictions in games still stands. But why is it that you want to use NFTs to stop other people from duplicating weapons and stuff? If they trade those duplicates, it doesn’t hurt your game, or does it?

1 Like

Blockchain has a place in our future, but I still don’t understand what NFT is. :laughing:

I also wonder what’s the problem with that… Like… Was trading even a core feature of GZ?! I sure don’t think it was/is.

I don’t care if people mod or dupe.

Point being others do, I merely offered a solution to their problem.

I just want NFT’s and crypto because I’m michaeling.

Blockchain exist, sadly. It gave us crypto miners, which as a by product led to a massively increase of the Videocard prices and shortages. I’m not sure blockchain is it good for all our future, more like good for a few.

Edit: I meant crypto miners.

2 Likes

What does that mean? :laughing:

Huh… Is “data miner” accurate? Usually, when I read “data miner”, I think about someone who extracts files from video games to create their wiki, to understand core mechanics or other things… :sweat_smile: Let me check… :thinking:

I think some parts of the world are trying to use blockchain to administrate decentralized electricity distribution. (People who create more electricity than they actually use can sell it to the system and it’s recorded in a blockchain which is ran by every household.)

Yep… I wrote “data mining blockchain” on Google and it pretty much returned words like “blockchain mining” and “blockchain miners”.

But we also seen reports of staggering energy usage when using blockchains, so high that there are concerns about the negative effect on the environment. This in a time, where we are in a race to get the co2 output down.

1 Like

Urban Dictionary says:

The act of "Day dreaming" or sleeping with your eyes open. I'm sorry, I didn't hear you. I was just *Michaeling*

But this is probably not what is meant.

You are correct in that assumption.

It is quite hard to explain to non crypto’s.

But basically it means you are into crypto.
Sometimes it is used to mean trolling as in fishing in such community but not usually.

We haven’t really seen any good explanation as why NFTs are good, and specifically for games. The impression I get is that it’s good for the game owners, whose only goal is to make money. Even devs are saying it is a crazy thing to do. The games are not getting better with this. Ubisoft and Epic are really pushing this and I hope they fail.

2 Likes

It is because there are none.

2 Likes

So you only want it, for … ?
Never mind the electricity that Bitcoin mining consumes which is as much as a small country consumes. Translating into one transaction taking as much energy as over 200 washing machine cycles. Energy that is mostly still generated from fossil fuels. Energy wasted for non-essential purposes like using blockchains to create unique tokens for NFT loving gamers.

Is Epic really pushing it though? I mean… They said they are not blocking publishers who want to have NFT in their game, but that’s all they said, AFAIK. :thinking:

You are right, I was pushing it too far what Epic concerns.

But first at 27 sep. 2021 Tim Sweeney / Epic tweeted:

We aren’t touching NFTs as the whole field is currently tangled up with an intractable mix of scams, interesting decentralized tech foundations, and scams.

Then on 16 okt. 2021 Tim Sweeney / Epic tweeted:

Epic Games Store will welcome games that make use of blockchain tech provided they follow the relevant laws, disclose their terms, and are age-rated by an appropriate group. Though Epic's not using crypto in our games, we welcome innovation in the areas of technology and finance.

This because Steam announced that they would not allows games that uses blockchain technology.

I don’t really want it at all.

In fact I think NFT’s are dumb.
Just doing some michaeling as they say.

I still have no idea what michaeling really mean. I feel like it’s another of those urban dictionary entry which is fake. :stuck_out_tongue:

So you feel NFTs are dumb, but good for GZ.
Where I agree they are dumb to add into games, I don’t think they would be good for GZ or any game.

GZ has to lock houses to keep the game playable on consoles. Adding unnecessary NFT’s would put even more stress on playability and future additions to the game for consoles.

yeah I did say that

But in my defense I was michaeling

Good talk :+1: