No map markers for discovered locations (farms, camps, etc.) post June patch

Platform: PC

Description: Map markers for most discovered locations are no longer visible after June update. I’m currently running on Farmlands and the first farms lost their markers (I’ve been there today just to be clear). Scrap yard and Ringford markers show correctly.

Edit: After completing all main, and most of the side missions I can confirm that only newly added locations in Farmlands and South Coast have their map markers. Old ones don’t.

Steps To Reproduce: Go to some random, undiscovered location on Farmlands or South Coast and check your map.

Host or Client: Host.

Players in your game: 2

Specifications: i5 4670K, 16G RAM, GTX 1070

5 Likes

I am experiencing this issue as well. To be clear, the lack of markers are for locations that I have already visited before the release of the FNIX Rising DLC. If you look at the screenshot below all the map markers for every location south, southeast, east, and northeast are missing . Before the DLC drop all those locations I had visited and completed on the map.

I am a bit of a completion and like to have everything done. I use the map to make sure I got everything and didn’t miss a location, weapon, collectible, etc. I hope this issue can be resolved and not require a new save because I have put too many hours into this save to restart. I would have to take a long break from the game before starting from the beginning all over again.

Edit: I can also confirm that revisiting other locations that I have previously been to before the DLC release do not reset its marker on the map. They are forever lost.

Same issue here, although the starting island seems ok with the location icons, it is just farmlands and after i think.

//Samael

After FNIX upgrade I also suffer from the map icon bug. Haven’t played far but seems to work in Archipelago but not in Farmlands and South Coast. Tried the half fixes with going into main menu and back and creating a second character and switching back and forth. No success.

Reply moved to already existing bug report topic.

//Mod

Platform:
Xbox One

Steps To Reproduce:
Open Map

Host or Client:
No online eligibilty

Players in your game:

Specifications:
Post 23GB update on Xbox One map icons do not show up as I discover locations. I haven’t progressed very far but all locations I came across in the Farmlands region post-update were not appearing on the map.

Same issue topics merged.

//Mod

I’ve had this issue, but so far it’s only been a few spots up towards the northern end of the island. Everything before that has appeared and stayed on the map.

I have had this issue from all farms in farmlands south of the airbase

On PS4 Glattra not named, Skoghult, all the towns or homestead names are gone from the map, The safe houses are still there.

This is presumably common on PC too. I have been missing almost all locations in both Farmlands and South Coast region since the launch of FNIX Rising on PC

So how do we get it fixed ? Wait and hope Avalaunche notices this post ?

Pretty much… you could make a bug report but that’s already what this is so you’ve done what you could.

weeeeell you could track down one of the devs that is responsible for this and kidnap their family, then hold them hostage until he/she fixes this, but I wouldn’t recommend that due to legal reasons

1 Like

Darn , well it was a good plan up until the legal part LOL

Same issue topics merged.

//Mod

THANKYOU , the more posts in one thread the better chance we have of them noticing

1 Like

Hello @Thagen, @Catalyst_Light and everyone else in the thread :wave:

A ticket has been created for this issue and IF anyone affected by this issue would be up for sending us a copy of their PC save file it would help a lot in our investigation and efforts to sort this out.

1. Your save file can be found here: Documents\Avalanche Studios\GenerationZero\Saves
  2. Right-click the save folder (containing “savegame” and “savegame.bac”) > send to > compressed (zipped) folder
  3. Go to https://wetransfer.com/ (No account required)
  4. Click the “…” button and select “get transfer link”
  5. Add/attach the .zip archive with the save file(s)
  6. Upload and copy the link
  7. Send me a DM here on the forum and include the link from wetransfer

Thanks for reporting! :pray:

1 Like