Norrmyra Artillery Base + FOA 2

Don’t know about anyone else but as I came back to the artillery base not too long ago, I noticed the FOA 2 marks and got so curious that I came here.

But I digress, so not sure about anyone else but I actually had three Tanks inside, a single Harvester and a squad of Hunters, all FNIX class.
They didn’t spot me till I opened the doors, which caught me by surprise, issue was they didn’t seem to count the walls and doors as objects, they could fire through them.
As of right now I’m counting it as a mere accident, I was unlucky that they just spawned in there, as after killing/destroying them they bug out for a few minutes before “settling” as if they got stuck on something not there.
Anyway, also; I noticed entering the area has some very creepy audio, it’s hard to explain but wailing of sorts is subtle but it’s there. I don’t have music playing so it’s more obvious.
Anyone else getting or got that?

I got two theories however after reading everyone else’s comments see what you guy’s think:

I personally think it could just be a straight up battle arena against FNIX, after forcing it’s hand; say FNIX is on that second currently unnamed island above Himfjall, and we destroy his CPU banks, thus forcing his hand to personally control a unique tank class robot. (Himjfall had a unused black/orange tank and there a lot of still locked doors in the main islands bunkers, there’s probably something the dev’s are working on around that stuff. )
My gut feeling that satellite computer is to call in missiles, from a gameplay perspective it would make for a cooler battle to need to damage FNIX enough to call in missile strikes to actually destroy it and we can bask in in the warm glow of high grade explosives raining down on FNIX.

The second theory where we use that satellite computer to launch missiles at wherever FNIX is supposed to be in order to destroy it and it’s a wave defence situation again, we the player(s) have to stop them from destroying the missiles.

( I say destroy FNIX but I feel like either option it’ll be like "Oh, the AI left it’s mark the machines are still out of control, best keep fighting the machines! )

If I’m right in one way or another I’m having a heart attack…

One explanation I could think of is that this will be a wave-survival arena.

Same as me 6/3, it happens when you have re-joined the area in a multiplayer lobby where the host has not yet unlocked the missions as they progress to your count in his playthrough.

Okay
I was the victim of the best bug in the game.
We can see casemates under the small metal sillots (which can confirm the elevator theory).

And a big structure under the main sillot, in which the bug made me enter.

I find it crazy.
image image

On the last one I’m in the middle hole

1 Like

Where is Foa2 located. I’ve found Foa4 but not Foa2, where is it?

1 Like

Any ideas on any future content this may be part of? Ex. Underground bunkers.

Merging topics, and reviving ye olde Norrmyra thread.

//Mod

Soooooo. Not sure if we were supposed to do this or not, or if it is for a later idea, but a couple friends and I saw this artillery base that was walled off from the rest of the world and we decided, “F*** it, We’re getting in there!” A failed attempt and 10 compressed air tanks later, we had sent one selected individual to space and over the wall.
We explored for maybe 5 minutes, each of us looking in a new spot, but in the end, we came to the middle and discussed our shared thaughts. So our question is, Are they going to make this into something, A final Boss area, A big arena where you put a few different robots behind each door? Just an Idea.
artillary%20base%20capture

We loved the look of the inside and think it has some amazing potential for a awesome lore spot.

2 Likes

Just so you know you can actually open the doors and walk inside. No need to waste resources.

3 Likes

Is it a quest to open them? We never found anything that worked. All the computers around it were busted, there was a button outside the door in a small concrete pod but we couldn’t use it.

there is a place you see that works

there is no visual handle, but there is a way to open ther door. It is @ about waist height and a white circle will highlight and you can open the door with that, you just have to look hard.

Threads merged. Nice screenshot, though.

//Mod

U can get in if u stand in front of left door there’s the opening button same as with other doors, u can’t see it but if ure close enough it will reveal. also all doors inside are to be opened that way.

Kinda makes you wonder if it was designed to keep people safe inside or designed to trap something inside…

FOA 2 is testing ground with walls built around to keep something in, not something out.

When looking at the spotlights at the top of the walls, they all are pointed inwards (like IRL prisons have them), rather than outwards.
Also, the destruction inside is far greater than destruction just outside of it.

2 Likes

In my opinion The base was used to keep the first machines to be used sort of like a field test zone because they hadn’t experimented with them I think that some machines where being tested in there and the bases defenders where stopping those ones and that’s why the base was overrun fast

the developers have hidden a clue about the game concerning the FAO 2, go take a look at the FAO 4 you will have your answer and especially observe the ground well.

Assumption:
For the place, FAO 2, I think that this is a test zone for combat machines, it could be that the main ramp in the center is a kind of elevator

1 Like

Is that not what I just said lol