Pause in single player

game needs a pause I live on my own so if want to do something toilet break make a Coffee or Tea, unless you in a save room your stuck, if you to ESC still get killed.

3 Likes

Get inside 1 floors in houses.
Get inside shacks
And stay away from windows
That´s how i do it
I usually only play Solo.

1 Like

Same feature request topics merged.

Btw, @Pacman3, doesn’t the Forum Search work for you? :thinking:

//Mod

And let us not forget - lay prone!
I do that in the middle of no where for hours sometimes while I make a meal then eat it. Mind you, I have come back once to find myself dead and awaiting respawn, But only once.

I know you use a safehouse, but you have to be close to one or not over weight to fast travel, but then you not where you was, so not much of a help at times, tried the method you said but when I come back still dead.

What i said, works if you are not in" battle" mode while hiding, and make sure the door is closed and that you are in prone.
We have obviously to choose good spots, not opened door barns and houses or behind rocks.

The house/barn trick works even when being in the battle, as long as you aren’t battling military or apo hunters. Since these two can kill you even when you’re in the house (mil hunters will gas you and apo hunters cluster mortar goes through the roof/walls).

We definitely need it.

1 Like

A pause button would be fair. As people have said those of us playing that have families suffer interruptions that mean we can be in the middle of a fight and die. By having a pause button a single tap would allow us to take a quick break without loosing continuity. That would give us a similar game experience to those who can just sit and focus.

4 Likes

I see that this has been suggested to a similar degree a few years ago, but for a different reason. Solo players seem to want to pause the game to go pee, take a phone call, or make a sandwich. But I’d like the game to pause during solo play when navigating your inventory. It would take the pain out of rummaging to find what you want and then assigning it to the D-pad on console during battle. If the quick access inventory management UI can’t be improved, this would be the next best thing for solo players.

4 Likes

Same feature request topics merged.

//Mod

While most folks in this topic ask for a Pause feature, e.g press a button and game pauses, that button could be “open Inventory”. Or “open Map”, or “open Log”. It doesn’t have to be Esc with Settings menu showing.

1 Like

Since I mainly play solo I wish it would be possible to pause the game. It would be even better if that happens when you enter the inventory menu. You could then easier switch weapons or material for traps or throwables.

3 Likes

If it was only when you enter the inventory menu would be something. So many times I have put off going to the toilet because I was in the middle of something then when I have to really go there is no place close enough to hide in and when I return I am dead and waiting to be respawned into a safehouse far far away…

1 Like

+1 to this.

I don’t want to quit the game when I need to take a short break or when someone knocks at the door. (Because I don’t want to respawn.)

I don’t want to prone in a shed either because, AFAIK, the game has a few counters which trigger things like loot and enemy respawn.

While I understand that this game had a rough year (it seems… I’m not sure because I’m new here), there are a lof of missing QoL features and unpolished UX.

All I would like to read is some kind of official reply as to whether or not you are looking into this.

What’s that? What does it do? (Also, the fact that I have to ask this question is a problem.)

1 Like

The article says it’s for multiplayer sessions.

I’m very confused because this thread here is about single player… :sob:

Also, the reason for a pause button is to avoid travelling, which can mean enemy ambushes or stupid injuries (:laughing:). The other main reason is to avoid time passing by, which, as I said, can change the game and force new spawnings of enemies.

I feel like bringing co-op on this thread is off-topic. Obviously, a “pause” feature should definitely override matchmaking. If someone is not in “invite only” (I don’t know the wording in English), then being “paused” will close them to other players looking for a game.

Let’s give an opportunity for devs to chime in, because giving alternatives to people asking for the pause feature (especially known alternatives [which is not the case with the idea of using Field Radios :sweat_smile:]) can sometimes feel a tiny tiny bit patronizing.

I mean… I get it that it’s not an issue for everyone, but it is for some of us.

If devs say “We don’t plan to add that feature” because it would be time consuming, then that’s a better reply than “it’s not a problem”.

:grin::grin::grin:Reality kills virtuality .

1 Like

Oh! By the way, I was indeed specifying that your idea of using Field Radios was a new idea to me, and that it did not feel patronizing. I re-read your post because I got a notification from Nikolai’s comment, and I wanted to clarify this. :slightly_smiling_face: (Some suggestions from this whole thread do feel like it though…)

The tip about Field Radios is definitely useful, even though it’s still not the pause feature I would love. :sweat_smile:

It seems that people who use WeMod (I used it years ago in offline single player games) can slow down the game’s time, so I don’t see how “pause” is impossible when playing offline or exclusively in single player.

Anyway… I don’t care that much right now as I’m waiting for February’s patch.