Pause in single player

Heck, I have just downloaded this game on Game Pass and thought I would sign up and look around the forum for a bit before starting a solo playthrough. I am old and require a ‘pause’ type function. This has been asked for, for some time and no ‘dev’ has replied so far (I apologize if I have missed said reply). Not replying to the request, even if the answer is No, puts me at two minds if I even want to start playing this game.

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the community.

Just one thing:
If the devs would give an answer to any suggestion made in this forum and on discord and so on they wouldn’t have time to work at the game :sweat_smile:

It’s sad but true.

But anyways I would guess that there won’t be a pause-function in future, as this is a drop-in/drop-out multiplayer game in general.
Of course, that’s not a real reason some would say, as there are probably counter-examples where it works in some way, but until now the game isn’t designed to work this way and I don’t know how much effort it will cost to realize it (ability to pause the game when you’re playing alone and closing the session for other people while in pause-mode and disabled ability when you’re playing in multiplayer).

Although it would be nice to have a pause button in single player, I think the game is still very enjoyable without it, even for the older guard. :sunglasses: If you are more an explorer kind of player, like me, and not a run and gun kind of player, you will soon find ways to take that needed pause safely. When I am in the field and not close to a safe house I try to find a pine tree or tall grass and go prone hoping nothing will find me.

3 Likes

Yep. This! I can always find somewhere safe to lay over for the duration.

I personally have bad experiences with just going prone. There were several situations where a tank (don’t know where it came from) suddenly walked over me, spottet me and shot me down. :sweat_smile:

But if you’ve not been spottet, try to get in a room and close the door. Even works (depending on the machines that spottet you) when you already have been spottet. You’re save for the moment in general (except for gas grenades and something similar).

But even if you get shot down… There is no “game over”. If you’re back fast enough you can use some adrenaline or otherwise respawn at a selected spawn-position.

Yeah, it’s not 100% fullproof. But it’s works for me most of the time. Mind you, I did optimise my military green clothing for minimum visibility (max camouflage) and wear a :herb: covered gilly helmet.

And then you come back, and press the “prone” button on your Xbox Controller and your character stands up, because that’s how it work with a controller. :laughing: (Yes, I’m being a clown.)

Wait… Camouflage is a thing?!

If you believe hard enough :laughing:

1 Like

He said, he optimized his clothing… With the scematics for maximum stealth (I guess 5c?).
The helmet is just for your eyes :wink:

Seriously…

I need this. I’m still in the Archipelago Region, in case this is important.

With a 4 hours day/night cycle, no pause is problematic. It’s also problematic because enemies respawn based on time. Even if you go in prone stance, time still pass. If you decide to save and close the game, you’ll need to run back to where you were and this will take at least 5 minutes, on a 240 minutes “budget”.

What if I need a break? I’m not asking for a different save system, I just wish we could have a pause system. :sweat_smile: Too often, I end up playing more than I want because I don’t want to lose progression. (Losing progression is subjective in this game; for me, it means having to walk 5 minutes or even more to go back to where I was.)

I think I wrote about it in the survey. :man_shrugging:

It’s been said a couple of times…
You have possibilities you can use.

Play the game as it is.
Don’t try to change the game to what you want.

I had some situations, too, where I needed to go to my children at night because they were crying.
So I tried to find a cover as fast as possible and went to my children. When I came back…

Well, you know, luck or bad luck. That’s the way it is.

2 Likes

Well… I can try. :sweat_smile: