[PC] Settings Not Saving, Can't Continue Saved Game

Please don’t turn the ransomware folder off.
That is your live protection folder if there is a ransom virus attacking you pc.
So the file’s in it are save, there are your banking file etc.

The only thing is , you must say to bitdefender that the exe file get premision to make a save file…

1 opend bitdefender.

2 on the left, 2e tab it say security go there.

3 than on the right of the screen, you wil see secure file.

4 there just below you have acces application.go there.

5 you meby see a list off file’s look for the Generation_f.exe. on the right op it you can set it on ok.

Than it can make the save game, most likely it will give a warning when you start the game just after install.
there you must say see the file, you wil move there automatic, than its just set it to ok…

Never disable any thing off randsom ware , it can help, but your file’s , that need protection are open to get…

1 Like

I disagree with you about the ransom ware.

First of all
Ransom ware is not a trojan … it lockes your files and ask you to pay and does normally not steal your files

Also the risk with an up to date windows installation and anti virus in it self has a low risk anyway of getting ransomware unless you visit shady sides or open attachments from spam folder .

On top of that the protected folder where windows just blocks ANY app from accessing your user folder beside MS own application without even a notification is a bad feature really badly implemented especially when microsoft has there a save game folder there placed that no one can use at all because of that stupid feature

third of all … you never store your banking details unsecured like that anyway … The folder protection thing does not prevent reading just writing on the place that it is

Fourth people can decide them self + if they wanna turn it of while they play and turn it on again after that .

and last not least you completely over reacting and dont understand that this has nothing to do with bit defender … we are talking about windows defender … the build in Microsoft anti virus on windows 10 so your fix is doing nothing because it does not apply at all . + people will be unable to play for something that is there own systems fault and nothing really the devs can do because microsoft does not just white list other apps beside there own apps.

also you are not turning of ransom ware protection you just turn of that apps can actually write to the documents folder … and no one should store anyway banking information or other important stuff like that unsecured on there hard drive and without any form of backup anyway.

I also dont know how banking works for you but i have no banking files saved anywhere beside my bank i we use a 3 factor auth here that are all based on a physical device that generates a 1 time code , something you know and something you have to get into your bank and do all banking stuff … the way it should be to be secure actually.

Also for secure password storage … Keypass 2 that encrypts your password … can generate password and stores them securely + putting a backup on google drive is allot more secure to have stuff like that stored in plain text in your document folders … so if they get a ransomware the worst thing someone should lose should be some cat images and nothing else.

edit … Please dont get me wrong … more security is always better … but i think you might have misunderstood what i was meaning + i tried to explain here why i think turning protected folder of is not that big of a risk in the first place + that users in general should have even with security a good system of keeping there stuff secure like they have no security at all. So i hope you dont read this the wrong way or get offended because that is not my goal … i just like to explain what my view on this is and why it basically means nothing in the end turning that single feature of while still having your build in AV 100% working

DID ANYONE SOLVE THE ISSUE OR FIND HOW TO GET THERE FREKIN SAVE BACK!
so pissed and almost just dont want to play it anymore had 20+ hours was very through in my play through as i am with most games… Fking Christ

1 Like

If your OS or antivirus was preventing the game to save ur stuff how can you retrieve something that was deleted by your antivirus

Update to give feedback. I did not want to disable ransomware protection when playing and then have to turn it back on when done, especially after a long play session, because honestly, I would probably forget. I opted for just adding GenerationZero as an Allowed app through Controlled folder access. Once I allowed \Steam\steamapps\common\GenerationZero and chose the .exe, it started saving my progress and settings. After over 20 hours of playing, I can confirm that this works for those players that are having problems saving. This is only for those using Windows 10 defender as their antivirus. If it’s another AV, firewall, etc… you’ll need to whitelist or allow the game.

I found it when i tested it earlier to be unreliable when there where updates … thats why i said disabling it … well i have several apps that is interferering with + i have no important files in my document folder anyway … so it does not matter … btw … you dont disable ransom ware protection … you just disable that apps can write to documents without whitelisting them first

Same here but at 50+ hours. So frustrated I’m thinking of just getting a refund. Especially when you read in another thread that it’s very unlikely to get your save back.

Honestly Avalanche, this is more then unacceptable especialy for a game THAT IS MISSION BASED for progression. If this isn’t a priority ZERO for the next patch AND Avalanche does nothing to offset all those who’ve lost all there time in game you can expect more bad reviews from this customer.