Please add ability to craft improvised gadgets

No, everything I mentioned is a weapon except the camera idea. Not opposed to the idea of gadgets though as long as they are useful.

Finally, a use for smoke rounds!!

I’d love for my character to assemble a model airplane, strap a flare to the belly of it and make tanks run around in circles.

Also, coil spring toy cars with grenades on the roof. We need this :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibilities to develop a portable weapon platform that could target the bots. Especially when you are overrun or want to deny the bots an area. 5d237e3d253ce4755ad72a50b7c48cc6

3 Likes

They should add incendiary grenades.
You throw the grenade, and, on impact, it explodes (obviously) and soaks everything in range in a coating of flammable liquid.
This causes the machines to begin melting, or, cause an EMP (batteries are flammable, their electrical systems are battery operated I assume) This could be crafted, or found in-world.

1 Like

This has probably been made before but I would like to say what they could do for it (also ties into weapon crafting). They could make it so you can collect weapon parts from the various machines around the map and be able to craft weapons (the higher the better weapon reward parts). This would be cool instead of just finding weapons on the robot after killing them and defiantly open up crafting in GZ. It would be a big change but a cool one (would open up the survival aspect of the game a bit more). I also think machines should still drop weapons but just a bit rarer (this feature could be annoying but yea). What do you think?

1 Like

It seems like a logical corse of action in a robot apocalypse to create weapons to kill them with.

What are you thinking here, are you wanting to be able to create custom weapons, or just be able to craft our own?

Also, what are you thinking quality wise, and material cost wise?

1 Like

Same feature request topics merged.

//Mod

Custom weapons sounds cool but I was thinking of crafting your own or crafting the various weapons that are in the game. Material cost depends on how high the material level are (like for 5 crown parts you need more) or depending on how good the weapon is (like damage rate or rate of fire).

2 Likes

That’s great idea. I like this better than simply finding a top tier weapon and never needing to repair it or find another one. This adds another layer of weapon hunting that would be fun to grind for.

They could make the schematics for the weapons a random low chance drop from enemies. I really like that idea. Because I don’t really like that schematics are guaranteed drops at specific locations; ruins the hunt for the best stuff.

1 Like

Yea and that adds a layer to a survival aspect which gz could be good having.

1 Like

Yeah, I always thought that GZ needed more of survival aspect to it, so you can grind for more equipment and weapons.

2 Likes

Yeah it doesn’t really make sense to be able to craft clothing but not weapons

1 Like

GZ has multiple unrealistic elements in it. A teenager crafting high explosive rockets, carrying a huge amount of weapons on them (my character has like 10), carrying thousands of rounds of ammunition (I’ve had like 1-2000 rounds of 7.62 on my character before), and lugging around multiple “car battery EMPs” are examples (car batteries IRL are heavy, you’re not going to pack several of those things on your back.) Even successfully fighting armored robots with baseball bats is unrealistic. The way the EMP cells temporarily shut down the machines instead of totally destroying/frying circuits, and a gas mask failing to truly protect you from gas are unrealistic too (seriously, a gas mask either gives you 100% protection from gas or you’re dead. None of this “20%” nonsense causing you to still be choking on the stuff.) Basically, arguments from realism don’t really hold water because it kind of went out the door a long time ago. Truth be told it’s game play over realism with most video games, because a truly realistic video game probably wouldn’t be as fun. That said, if a teenager can craft rockets without specialized skills or blowing themselves up than they can probably craft weapons too.

2 Likes

If we need skimatics to craft ammo, maybe we can have skimatics to craft other things to, like weapons. This would be something to grind for, and earn.

Another thing that we could get skematics for would be armor. Currently, we have armor, but it only gives us minor perks, like +1 bullet resistance, or +1 blast resistance. But, it would be nice if we had actual ARMOR as in, something that doesnt make you lose health when you get hit by bullets. It would begin to break apart depending on how high the caliber is, and how many times you get hit. This would make us use more strategy, so we dont have to constantly be using materials.

With 1* apparel crafting schem, yes. But there are 2*, 3*, 4* and 5* schems as well, boosting the bonus up to 5%. And given that you can craft it to 4 different clothing pieces, you can have up to 20% resistance from the “armor”. :wink:

No, you can’t.

Proof:

Flight jacket, White; has 1% Bullet resistance by default.

Since i use that, i wanted to increase it’s Bullet resistance:

Lo-and-behold; despite it already having 1% Bullet resistance, i can not craft 2% Bullet resistance to it: :astonished:

To get the 2% Bullet resistance, 1st, i had to craft the 1% Bullet resistance, wasting bunch of resources, just so that the game has the required “1% bullet resistance schematic” requirement filled. :unamused:

And once i crafted the 1* schem, for nothing at all, now, i can craft the 2% Bullet resistance:

Edit: I have posted a dedicated bug report about it as well: Requirement to double craft the same apparel bonus

Aesyle have you also noticed this issue that Snipergirl is talking about here:

Can you confirm this or is there a correct method?

I’ll take the Blast resistance as an example (since it’s the only one i have from 1* to 5*).

1*
Adhesive - 8
Steel - 24
Rubber - 8

2*
Adhesive - 10
Steel - 30
Rubber - 10

3*
Adhesive - 14
Steel - 42
Rubber - 14
Aluminum - 7

4*
Adhesive - 23
Steel - 69
Rubber - 23
Aluminum - 12

5*
Adhesive - 35
Steel - 105
Rubber - 35
Aluminum - 18
Tungsten - 9

Schem screens

1*

2*

3*

4*

5*

Note: it doesn’t matter to which clothing piece the bonus is crafted. The resource amount is same (i compared 4* blast shirt and 4* blast shoes).

So, if you want to craft 5% Blast resistance bonus, you have to craft all 5 schems, in ascending order.
That translates into, total of:

Adhesive - 90
Steel - 270
Rubber - 90
Aluminum - 37
Tungsten - 9

That’s 496 pieces of resources. Though, Recycling Station can hold 6250 pieces of resources in total.

This was the ealy day bug of apparel crafting, where the crafted bonus didn’t hold and was wiped when you ended your session.

It was fixed in the next update and now, all apparel crafted bonuses will hold, as they are supposed to. :slight_smile:

I hope that answered your concerns @Gysbert . :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had the same problem like Snipergirl, but that was long ago. But Snipergirl posted her remarks recently, so I guess she hasn’t seen that it is fixed now, and neither did I because I only use one outfit, which I fully upgraded. :sunglasses: