Please STOP neutering the robots in Guerilla as they were again in Nov 2020 patch

I would like to have this setup as as extra option in the game call sometging like “realism mode” and I would be interested to play it sometimes.
On the other hand, the machine spawn was surely not so high? I cannot image surviving Bokhyttan or Anl 118 Färela with 50 slots inventory (yes I remember how it looked) and amount of machines roaming and Harvs spawning hunters and non-existing Apoc class.

You make way too much sense for 2 cents :wink:

Machine amount didn’t matter back then (and it doesn’t matter now either) since GZ is a game where you need to pick your battles, not win every singe battle you come across.

Fully agreed, but the current setup would change the ratio of amount of battle you could pick, right? That’s why I mentioned Bokhyttan and Färela, they were nice quiet places with occasional harvester or tank one year ago.

To me, it actually isn’t about the gear i have but instead the intel i’ve gathered about the machines.

1 Like

My God, man.
Sir, you ARE I hope aware, I ask improvents AS OPTION, right?
As a NEW MODE, like Gorilla?

And then there’s it this:

Quite VERY clear statement, but still you either missed or ignored it, sir.

Sadly, the tools needed to alter those things are not around to us, sir.

With all respect - I did not miss that, but you are basically repeating yourself quite often in many threads.

So yeah, nice to know you would like to have these things as an option, fully agree on that, but UNTIL this would be an option - just ignore things you don’t like. Like we other do.

3 Likes

True.
But not without reason, sir.

I love this game very much, but it lacks the most important thing a game like this should have: CHALLENGE!!!
And I am not the only one to say this, sir.
So yes, I keep asking, where appropriate, for a new optional game mode that would give joy to folks like me.

Seeing I ask this as a new mode, why are you upset I bring this up?
Sure, I benefit from this a LOT, but I CERTAINLY would not be the only one.
I invest in the game as well, sir, and I want to keep investing in the game, but as it is, the extreme lack of any challenge… starts to make this seem just useless.

Again I am on break from the game, only due to no challenge whatsoever… and that hurts, sir.
A lot!!!

But you (the general population of GZ, not you specifically therefore) do not ignore it either, do you?
Agreed, I am a wee more… extreme… but I am not alone, I think, good sir.

Yeah I believe it was the amount of comments what triggered it in my case, not just that you are asking for it :slight_smile:

I believe devs are watching this forum so they understand there are some features like extra difficulties some players want so I am optimistic about that.

Peace to you champion :pray: (so we won’t make this topic long :slight_smile: )

1 Like

And respects and peace to you, sir. :slight_smile:

Though we might not share the same vision, I respect you, and I am VERY aware that you do this for what you consider it to be the right reasons.
I do that very same, sir.

In the end, even if we have what seems a harsher word, or warmed up discussion, we all in the end try to do ONE thing:
IMPROVE THE GAME!!!

And that, that is what makes this such a pleasure in the end, sir… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hence why the gaming gods came down and givith to any gaming developer the options of providing difficultly levels to the masses to cater to as many people as possible. :wink:

I made a few maps for Unreal Tournament back in the day. I found myself tweaking things more than actually playing, and that got a little frustrating. If I had the time, I would consider it. But I try not to sound ranty. I simply try to make it aware that some of us like the extreme difficulty and how the difficulty for GZ keeps getting dialed down. In one of my threads I had brought up the suggestion of having about 4 or 5 difficulty levels to cater to the masses as much as possible. I can only hope someday April 2020 comes back as its own difficulty level for those of us that enjoyed robots having robot like aiming reflexes.

2 Likes

Sir Flybye, that last one was at me, sir… :slight_smile:

And we got past this, good sir. :wink:

As for that patch, we’ll see where it heads to…

Replying while still half asleep as about as borderline as replying while drunk. :crazy_face:

My apologies.

Ya know it can be challenging keeping up with everyone lol.

1 Like

No need sir!!
You did not do anything wrong, there… :slight_smile:

I disagree with pretty much everything you’ve said to change. However I’d like to point out that the example of the metro series of games could provide a point of inspiration.

For players like you the best thing would be to add a “hardcore” modifier to any base game difficulty. Resulting in being able to tailor the game to the player. Hardcore adventure could just be normal adventure difficulty with no adrenaline. Hardcore skirmish could that plus no fast travel, and hardcore guerrilla could be everything and the kitchen skink that you asked for.

What say you to this idea?

Ps, shotgun and lmg silencers exist irl and work well. So idk why you think they make no sense.

If you mean .308 Win or just .308? If latter, then we already have three guns for this round.
Besides .270 is popular civilian hunting round and it’s performance is similar to .308.
Or you meant .338?

I disagree on more difficulties, just making current difficultied done right other than hp/damage ratio, like restriction of certain attacks and behaviour. For example, on guerilla all hunters are allowed to use jump-stab attack, while on adventure this move reserved to FNIX and Apoc series. Variety of loadouts also comes here (I want to see FNIX Tank with MG, Railgun and shockwave as random roaming unit, for example. Also it’s tick pod could be FNIX “walking mine” variety).
Or harvesters would greatly enjoy option to have small (runner’s) arms on their long legs against daring players etc.
I agree on getting their crap together about AI. But then, for game veterans these bots are dumb due to knowledge about these machines and their simple behaviours. Even current tanks, being great vanguard assault units, behave like mobile artilery or pillbox, that occasionally move with all that ass-kicking hardware.

I want to comment that death is very cheap in this game.

1 Like

BOOOO!!!

NO, JK, sir!!! lol.

I said before, even we might disagree, I respect our opinion.
I meant that 100%.
And THAT is why I ask it as option.
Out of respect for others.

Removing FT, Adren and even HP would not bring challenge, to me.
And some others, I think, sir.
Once you know the mechanics of the machines, you’re God.
Even with Dillilalaped gun, you own them.

But that’s me.

But of course they do, sir:

Please elaborate to why, sir?

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Casual chat discussions

I agree with you, personally I´m a badass in Generation Zero and not even I want those things!
Now adding even more machines and improving their A.I that will make things harder.
And @Xogroroth keep in the mind the following, till now all changes the Team added are NOT OPTIONAL, the only optional thing is the difficulty itself and it only changes the damage received and done and not much more, everything else has no button to turn off or on.
So we must be careful with what we wish for…(melee weapons and Reaper as reminder for those that dislike them) .

@DeadWanderer The idea about different Machine loadouts is very good.

2 Likes

Well, that is not entirely true, sir.
We now have 2 additional game modes.

But yes, you ARE correct for 99.999%!!!
And that is why I bring optionality up so much.

Reaper is a logical succession to the Apoc, I think.
But Melee just is… well… utterly crazy?
Would that be somewhat correct to say, sir?

That is why I request a Death Star, btw, sir.
It just would be as logical to have in GZ. XD