Please unlock FPS lock for pc

Change either this:

Capture1

Or this:

Capture2

ok Iā€™ll upload another video for some gameplay.
just for the fps counter.

It could be due to the poor Radeon drivers. :thinking:

Hereā€™s another topic, with several people with similar issues, all having Radeon GPU: Experiencing freezins/frame hiccups after fighting monsters, after running (PC)

And the fix for that has been GPU driver rollback. Which is actually also one of the suggestions iā€™d suggest for you.

ye, am up to date on that.

Btw is there a TXT file for this game to change fps maybe?

That could be the issue, if latest version is a bad driver version.

In my time with Nvidia, iā€™ve also had to roll back from latest drivers once, since it caused issues for me. After rollback, issues went away and i didnā€™t update my GPU drivers until the new version came out, thus skipping the ā€œbadā€ version all together.

None that i know of.

Alright so rollback to 20.12.1 I can report this to AMD so they can get a look on that,

Let us know if the driver rollback fixed your issue. :slight_smile:

Ye, no changes itā€™s the same as before

How about that video now with FPS counter actually seen? :thinking:

Though, GZ doesnā€™t have FPS lock. E.g i have my FPS fluid, going over 60 just nicely (video above).

dosent the in game option literally say set target fps dynamicly to 60 ?

Edit: checked my self with recording software and unlocking fps with vsync does let the fps freely get above 60 even with my 60hz monitor

as long there is a target option in game for set FPS. then yes GZ has a FPS lock in the game.

The dynamically resolution Either ā€œoffā€ or ā€œonā€ meaning the quality of the game get scaled down for the game to be more playable state. (itā€™s like a fps boost in away)

I donā€™t think itā€™s GPU driver or as long the system requirement are meet. if you got higher spec as required then you should be getting more like all other games. (depends on what game ofc)

so itā€™s GZ that has not removed the fps lock or thereā€™s a reason for being there. if anyone got hands on a Dev then we can ask them.

some people has succeed of getting higher frames but as you can see what they need to do in order to do so they have to really lower things down in-game quality resolutions of the monitors and stuff.

• resolution seems to be the Key for the game to get higher frames.

Topic moved to #bug-reports subforum since the issue is getting FPS higher from certain point. And not all people are having this issue, for this topic to be in #feedback-feature-requests subforum.

Also, @SR_knivspark , care to join us here? In hopes to shed some light in this matter or perhaps even solve it. :slight_smile:
Current issue: OP of the topic canā€™t get their in-game FPS past 60, despite having both monitor and Windows refresh rates set to 144 Hz.

//Mod

1 Like

Does Radeon control panel (sorry if I butchered it, Iā€™m a nvidia user) have options to set different presets for different games? If yes then check if they differ from your main settings.

Also check the Riva Tuner Statistics Server settings.

Video capturing software can change the framerate to match to recorded video output file, so keep that in mind.

Thank you @Aesyle. I hope for those who has this problem can get this issue solved.

With FPS

So, checked the last vid and your FPS isnā€™t locked to 60. Max i saw was 62 FPS while game usually hovers around 52-55 FPS.

If you were to lower your reso, from ultrawide 2K (3440x1440) to e.g ultrawide 1080p (2560x1080) or standard 1080p, would you still have same FPS or would the average FPS be higher? :thinking:

as long that you change resolution then yes you get more fps.
but that is not the problem. the problem is that I have higher spec then recommended spec.
it dose not matter the resolution or the graphic settings you have.

at this point itā€™s gone to how the game GZ is developed is and the recommended spec for the game is false??? am looking and itā€™s a low spec is needed to run this.

RECOMMENDED:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    Processor:* Intel i7 Quad Core
    Memory:* 16 GB RAM
    Graphics:* Nvidia GTX 960 / R9 280 - 4GB VRAM
    Storage:* 35 GB available space

if I canā€™t get higher then 60 in a high end spec then this game has only two things that could stand against my machine from doing itā€™s full potential.

Lock FPS (coded) (reason)
the game is not coded for specific for Ultra wide monitors as you said before.(2560x1440) (3440x1440)

Am not sure mate be either screen resolution problem of this game.
or the spec required ā€œGraphics: GTX 960 / R9 280ā€ is the highest and the higher is just not gonna get supported or something.

hmmā€¦ :shushing_face:

Well, actually it doesā€¦ A LOT!

Iā€™m pretty sure that the recommended specs are for standard 1080p.
In comparison 1440p ultra wide has 2,5 times more pixels on screen than 1080p.

For example before the launch of Cyberpunk 2077 CD Projekt released detailed minimal and recommended system specifications for different combinations of resolutions and graphical settings.
See how it scales up with resolution:
a5923c69fb6fa2c2eaa023b4957bfd8490bda1f0-680x383

For GZ we have only what we can find on Steam.

From what Iā€™ve seen on few benchmarks RX vega 64 is somewhere between GTX 1070 and 1080, so getting 50-60FPS on 3440x1440 is a rather excellent result.

1 Like