Polls on the preference of each gun of similar styles

Dude, the PVG90 is a different class, can´t really compare hunting rifles to an anti materiel rifle :sweat_smile:
I use the PVG90 against APOC hunters and Tanks.
The hunting rifles against runners if in “stealth mode”

1 Like

It wasn’t about damage or anything like that it is the design, look, and feel of the the weapon. Personal preference.

Is that so?
Some of my Votes are wrong then…I voted for the best weapon in each category not the best design or weapon feel :open_mouth:

My apologies I couldn’t phrase how I meant it right. That’s why I was saying without attachments/level

I’d lump pvg90 with other bolt-actions as mid-long range single-shot “crit-hitters”, since these guns exceed in long ranges and careful aiming do maximum damage.

1 Like

I´m just saying they belong to different categories, The pvg90 being a heavy sniper, an anti materiel rifle similar to the Real counterpart AG90.
The others being hunting rifles and of slower firing speed.
And we have no “medium semi-auto” sniper rifle in the game, like a PSG1 or dragunov sniper rifle.
All the other weapons are in the same category.

I realize that that’s why I clarified because they fall under the catagory I created. Marksman rifle is a blanket catagory for what @DeadWanderer stated and described.

I´m just explaining my point of view to him and classifying them in a better way.
See it as a small correction.
I understand well what you guys said, and why you put them as “marksman” :+1:
Next poll has to be about what people prefer from the equipment and which types, grenades, flares etc…:sweat_smile:

1 Like

I appreciate the feedback :+1:t3: And definitely like that idea and I will make one. If I hadn’t made it like this there wouldn’t be anything to compare the PVG 90 to as far as weapon design. Some people prefer the bolt action feel to a semi auto spam sniper.

1 Like

Personally I prefer the semi auto, it might be the difference before being fired upon or not by the enemy, but in the end they´re both okay.
Yes, there is no other weapon to compare it to, it´s a shame we have nothing in the middle.

1 Like

I would like to say thank you to all of y’all that voted so far and the others who haven’t had the chance yet :grin: I love this community :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

RIP hunting rifles…

Interesting choice on the SMGs, the HP5 truly has fans, but overall I see my choices are meta except for the Ai-76, maybe console players hate it because of the recoil?

:joy::joy: I use the Ai-76 on console(PS4) and the hp5 idk why I love it but I do. The Kpist just seems kinda clunky

1 Like

Kpist gives better damage per bullet, which was essential to me when playing, less ammo waste and better constant damage, it was my favourite gun until I hit the experimentals! Ai-76 ist just an intense damage dealer, recoil is hard to handle, but you can saw off the gun on any hunter or get a complete kill with mag extensions, I even use it over the exp AG4. Recoil reduction perk also makes it potentially really easy to handle.

1 Like

:+1: Just as a reference for me to later find this back => Poll4
My favourite weapons are EXP. Kpist and the EXP. PVG 90

2 Likes

Interesting fact about HP5 and Kpist.
When game launched, Kpist had the lower dmg per bullet than HP5 but less recoil, higher RoF and bigger mag. Making HP5 better SMG when it comes to the dmg per bullet, if you can handle it’s recoil (which it’s semi-auto fire mode helped).

At some point (not sure when since i didn’t notice it right away but my guess would be either in June ’19 or August ’19 update), devs switched the dmg per bullet around and now, Kpist has the dmg per bullet HP5 used to have. :angry:
Why devs switched things around at some point and didn’t say a word about it - that i don’t know. I guess Swedish make Kpist was favored over German made HP5.

Old stats are still seen from GZ wiki where weapon stats are unchanged,
Kpist: https://generation-zero.fandom.com/wiki/M/46_“Kpist”_SMG
HP5: https://generation-zero.fandom.com/wiki/HP5

3 Likes

I didn’t know they did that either. That was the reason I run it instead of the Kpist. Oh well, I’m still going to use the HP5 even with the less damage.

1 Like

No love for the Moller at all :joy:

2 Likes

Interesting fact, but it makes sense because the Kpist is slower. I think you still get higher DPS from the HP5 but the kpist can dish out its damage constantly over a longer time and while being more or less accurate (I mean, both SMGs don’t really get an award for accuracy). This is a typical balancing move for shooter games, more economy, less burst vs. less economy, more burst. The fact that an exp kpist exists does make the HP5 seem a bit obsolete now, however, but I’m interested to see how the exp HP5 will play out to balance the field.

Regarding accuracy, there is (or was) a bug with Kpist accuracy. Topic: Kpist bullet trajectory Bug

Haven’t checked if November '20 update fixed it (or Kpist inaccuracy could be intended as well).

Personally, i love and use HP5. Especially due to it’s semi-auto fire mode.

1 Like