Post-Hotfix Steam Crash issue collection thread

also happens with The Recycling Station

7.62, Rocket Launcher Ammo, .50, Medkits, would be my guess 4 the plundra thing

Platform: PC

Description: Crashes right after selecting the continue option on previous game, or attempting to start new game, gets to opening scene then hard crashes. I have DLC but no Mods.

Host or Client: Have played the saved game as the host, but it crashes regardless of host or client.

Players in your game: This crash happens every start of a game session regardless, but I have only ever played with 1 person either host or client.

Specifications:
Processor: Intel(R) Core™ i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
RAM: 32 GB
Vid Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Never had that in my game, but then again, I manage my plundra to have space to add stuff I want. I play most of the time with what I can find on the fly.

To everyone experiencing this crash: We’re looking for a small group of people to help us test a possible fix for it before we release it to the bigger audience!
Please join the discord server and DM me there (SR_carni):

2 Likes

We’ve now verified the fix and are going to push it as soon as possible! Thanks for your patience <3

4 Likes

Awesome team. Fantastic news. Plz keep up great work.

Ever since I updated the game my game has been freezing, crashing and doing all that weird stuff I thought maybe it was me so I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it was still freezing to the point to where I cannot exit out of it and I tried to make a new character and it still didn’t work. It also freezes in the menu sometimes.

Do you mean with taking down buildings, Resistance Bases that you built yourself?
How do you take them down? I never knew we could do that. Only by loosing the base defence missions. But then you should loose everything in that base, and not get it all back in your plundra.

If this is true, why is this not reported as a bug?

We’ve seen that a plundra can get slightly overweight when DLCs add items into a plundra that is a capacity. A more than slightly overweight plundra could be the cause of corrupting a game-save, and lead to crashing after updates or hotfixes.

i don’t have a overweight plundra & recycling, I’m aware of it because I’ve had gun turrets with ammo inside, shot down or took down myself, mine went to plundra, but that was few months ago, i only have 1 base built up & I don’t play base defense on it, gun turrets are stuffed with ammo

Does anyone have a rough ETA on when the new patch is going to be pushed? Still crashing to desktop. Really excited about getting to play this again.

That’s the only Info from X

We have identified a subset of Steam users who are experiencing crashes when entering the game world after the hotfix. We have a hotfix hotfix in place and are looking to release it as soon as possible.

— Generation Zero (@GenZeroGame) January 19, 2024

Awesome. I might be a part of that subset. Ill try and load again and send an error report to help the team. Thank you for the update.

Just tried again. Noticed that Steam did not update despite new repair patch being pushed. Maybe this could be part of the issue for the steam subset? My steam settings are to always update as soon as updates are available so it should update before opening the game. Will patiently await developments. Cheers.

Platform: pc

Description: I press my character it would start up then crash immediately I tried making a new character and same thing happened

Steps To Reproduce: I press on character it loads in then crashes

Specifications:
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics 4/4 0.0v
Motherboard: ASRock B450 Pro4
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nividia Geforce GTX 1650 (4 gb )

Please wait for the hotfix hotfix.

the warmfix will soon get a hotfix, :weary:, im so glad im on PS4, :dizzy_face:, what computer peoples have to dill with when playing, removing glitches or designing the game, im happy with my simple laptop & PS4, how do you people do 15 screens at once image

Hotfix hotfix is there

I am going to test it now.
Edit: Found no hiccup’s so far.

I’ve still been crashing but i’ve been able to stay in game longer this time like I can go 5-10minutes in game at a time before it freezes again, here is a clip and my pc spec are 32GB of DDR4 ram and a 4060 so it aint my specs