Problems with custom keybinds on PC

isn’t E already mapped to Interact? what did you change that too?

changed interact to T, the bicycle isn’t remappable and is still on wasd

Thanks, topics merged. Since we’re at the cusp of a new month I’ll forward this to the devs so it gets some attention. Feels like it’s an important matter.

//Mod

That’s fantastic news. Thanks, Xezr.

I remap my movement keys (I’m oldschool, I learned to play shooters before WASD became a thing)
I do not use WASD to move. remapped my movement on this, it works, great. then I get on a bike… and I can’t do anything… why? the bike reverts to WASD movement, with no way to remap it.

Threads merged.

//Mod

Have you gotten any response from the devs?

Yep, from what I understand it’s being looked into.

Platform: PC

Description: Bike ignores rebinding of movement keys.

Steps To Reproduce: Bind cursor up key to forward, interact to get on bike, cursor up key will not move bike.

Images / Videos: None.

Host or Client: Host.

Players in your game: 2

Specifications: Ryzen 7 ~4.4GHz, 16 GB ram, Radeon 5700xt

Please expose “KeyMapEntry” CVARS for vehicles/bikes so we can change them.

Topics merged.

//Mod

With the latest update, not only is this not fixed, the new “prone” command is hard coded to the Z key. I see no way to change it. I have Z key bound to backwards movement, so now every time I try to walk backwards, I go prone.

How hard is this to fix, really?

2 Likes

I was a bit baffled by this myself, actually. It’s 2020, you’d figure rebindable keys is standard in PC gaming by now. I get the feeling, the Prone function may have been a last minute addition due to popular demand.

it’s like they’re just developing the game for controllers

I know they just added the ability to go to prone, and it seems by default that is set to Z. I usually remap Z to strafe left. Im not seeing the ability to rebind that key in the rebind keys menu. Am I really missing it, or is it not there?

Every time I go to move left my character lays down. :frowning: Heh

Thanks!

1 Like

I believe it’s not there.

Key binds have been an issue for over a year, looks like it’s not high priority to fix.

Ok cool thanks for the reply. I actually havent run into keybinds not working once I change them, not yet. And im certainly not a wasd user. My only trouble was that the option to rebind z just isnt there.

Well alright, I’ve found a workaround for now. I’ll just go with that until it gets fixed.

Thanks again.

Same issue topics merged.

Next time, use forum search beforehand.

//Mod

Sorry to hear the lack of keybinding for prone is causing problems! We have created a bug report for this internally and will discuss how to proceed. Thank you for flagging!

3 Likes

Thanks for creating a bug report - BTW the Prone and Hold breath commands are not mapped to controllers