PS4 Data Corruption (!) When Starting the Game

This has happened with me too, the game crashed as soon as I get to the main menu. I deleted the game and re-installed it, and deleted my saved data (I have a cloud save from about 10days ago), but to no avail. Each time the game hits the main menu (with new PS store sale notification box on it) it instantly errors. I would say the game is borked sadly.

The only thing that can be done rn as suggested in another thread regarding this is spamming X when loading into main menu. This should avoid the crash and the corruption of Data.

I have the same issue. The game crashes when logging in. I try to delete corrupted file on the PS5 Storage folder, but no success. Also reinstalled the game, also no success.

I hope i am not losing more two years of game play… i am not going to be very happy - it such a great game, and unique and this happens….

Salute, m’ droogs ! I won the jackpot : Save Game Corrupted, Restore, Restored Succesfully over and over again. CE-34878-0 = update all you can. No updates available.
Please, don’t tell me I have to wait and save only after the save icon has stopped turning. I know that. I’ve been having a real hard, but fun, time getting to where I am right now in this game for the last two years to ignore the save icon, so I know about that all too well.
Nothing about corrupted save games here tonight, so I guess I’m ****** locally. I thought: maybe some kinda update went wrong. Apparently not. Everything else on PS4 works fine. Anyone any ideas, please ?

Moved to report thread covering the issue.

//Mod

I was starting my console to play gz and a nanosecond after i was on the main menu, the game crash. I tried a second time and the game tells me that my save file was corrupt, wich was weird because i have receives no corrupted files since 2019. fortunately my console was able to recover the save every time (For the moment). I don’t know why it is so, but it has begun to crashing so often since i buy the “Base support pack” DLC. Maybe this is the cause from all these Crashes. Also, you can only playing this game if you press continue fast enough before its crash instantly and you must quit on ps4 menu. Over wise you crash to.

I haven’t got the Base Support Pack but I also keep crashing in the menu. There are plenty of other posts of PS4/5 players with the same problem, so I think this is a problem with the PlayStation version as a whole.

1 Like

Ok Thank you for this info. I have only received this crash right now. yesterday was alright.

Yeah, all this menu crashing stuff has just started today. Not sure why…

Well hopefully we going to have answer soon. Its my favorite game all times. Even if its a little bugged.

1 Like

Platform: PS5 (ps4 version of the game)

Issue: I loaded up my game today to find a data corruption error. I let the game try to repair the data as prompted but once it was done and it loaded to the main menu, it instantly crashed. From this point every further attempt at loading up the game had this same result.

So I figured my data was gone. I then went into my console save storage, deleted the save data and attempted to start from scratch (mind you I had put in over 100 hours and had reached level 31 with a few experimentals). But I had the same result. I accepted TOS and as soon as it hit main menu it crashed. Upon reopening the app, the fresh save data that had just been created was corrupted and the cycle started again.

I deleted the data again and this time reinstalled the entire game and restarted my console to ensure the best possible chance of it working. It did not… the same issue ensued.

So in summary… my save is gone and I can not even play the game at all as every new save instantly becomes corrupted.

Steps to reproduce: I have no idea how to begin to understand what happened but it happens whenever I boot up the app.

Game mode: none. I can’t even get to the main menu.

P.S. I wish I could share the videos and screenshots I sent as reports to PSN but I can not. Hopefully my description was enough.

Game just crashed tried erasing everything still crash at main menu can’t play at all

Delete your local savegame, start the game clean, after you’re in the game quit, then load your backup savegame and start the game again.

Worked for my buddy some time ago.
Idk if it works in the current situation, too.

The problem here is that every time you try to load up the game on PlayStation it crashes the game and corrupts your data. So you can’t play at all.

1 Like

Yeah there’s a big red flag across all the socials over PlayStation login.

1 Like

Just hoping it gets seen,good few posts already on here about it,on PS4 slim for myself.

I’m on ps4 and the game crashes on load screen you see about 3 seconds of the sony summer sale then it crashes not sure if the sale ad has anything to do with it . thank you team have a great day .

2 Likes

Happening to lots of us today. I’m on PS5. A fix is needed

3 Likes

glad and not glad i’m not the only one

same here, as soon as the menu screen appears it throws me to the ps4 menu with the typical CE error, you can avoid it if you repeatedly press (X) when that screen loads, I hope it will be solved soon

3 Likes