Reaper Tips and Advice

@NJR86 great fight and a very impressive Video :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Thank you, @helldiver. Glad you liked it. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

As seen in this video the weapon components do spark blue and can be removed.
Just not when i did it. Also it shows amazing loot when you kill it, versus it suiciding like mine did.

If they commit suicide do they get into silicon heaven?

1 Like

Sorry, but I have very a strong feeling this whole idea of how The Reaper dies supposedly affects the loot pool, is just speculation rooted in coincidences. It doesn’t make any sense. You can’t control how The Reaper “chooses” to go out, can you now? If you watched my video, that fight is a good example of this. The Reaper suddenly unleashed 1 final thermobaric, it killed himself as well, and still I got good loot. At this point, I will maintain that The Reapers loot is 100% random, no matter how it dies.

Just like in everyday life, I will believe things people can present reliable evidence for, not hearsay and speculation… :wink:

Speculating on how it works is fine of course, but at one point we’ll have to determine what’s what.

2 Likes

I’m going through the 11 I’ve killed on stream.

So far, 4 killed - 2 self detonate - no considerable difference at all. I’ll put a chart together once it’s done - but yeah I don’t see how it changes depending on how it’s killed.

If it’s still an issue Monday I’ll tap Bjorn up

1 Like

Nice! It will be interesting to see that chart. :+1:

To be honest mate, I’ve got another thorn I’m also trying to look into.

Does the XP needed to spawn a Reaper increase when there is 2 or more in game?

Went solo last night, spawned one within minutes. Took some photos, dealt with it, then invited a random and took over an hour with the region @ 25 with 21981 XP.

2 hour later, absolutely nothing. He got pissed off and quit out, then I fast travelled to Osstervik Industrial, killed 3 runners - Reaper appears.

Third Reaper killed not suicide. 2 experimental weapons and 800 rounds of 50 cal

Maybe we should just ask on the stream next Wednesday?

Any of you remember the warning note you got on screen, when approaching your first Reaper?

It’s signature weapon, the
Thermobaric Attack, will either send
a wave or an explosion depending
on how close the machine is to
destruction. The wave can be
avoided by hiding behind cover, but
the explosion is trickier to deal with
and may require a final offensive
push before it goes off.

I will argue that The Reaper’s “suicide” thermobaric has to be it’s default “death animation” and an intended feature, not something that needs to be figured out how to work around in order to not affect it’s loot pool.

Bad Reaper loot must be simply a coincidence… Just like some players can kill 30 rivals and get no experimentals, while others get one almost every time.

Right? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Right! …:point_left:

Ah, that may very well explain the utter trash loot I’ve gotten from the two kills I managed so far, even worse than what drops from rivals. At what health level does the reaper do this suicide attack, and can it be interrupted somehow? EMP? I play solo, so I don’t think I have the firepower to finish it off before this suicide attack takes place?

Well, according to a video by Wired Gaming, ol’ Reaper isn’t slowed by EMPs. All I can imagine is that you lead the Reaper onto a bunch of explosives or something to kill him before he’s in his suicide health range.

I think you are probably right :wink::+1: .

1 Like

To be honest I am a bit bored by the reaper now. I am not very good and I use up about 3 adrenaline pens per Reaper however, the reward when I beat one is a bit meh. This is possibly because I thought the exoskeleton would be more than just another fashion accessory. I think the developers could beef up the Reaper a bit more and make the exoskeleton worth getting. Plus could we have an exoskeleton gas mask that is 50% gas proof?

The trouble with getting bored is, that no matter what devs think of, there will always people who quickly loose the excitement. I think that if we get story driven paths, searches, challenges, all with their own rewards, that then most likely it will keep our attention, because those will be new every time. I am not bored with the reaper, but after I got everything what I wanted to get from it, there seems no good reason for me (not a real lover of mindless combat :wink:) to engage it further.

3 Likes

So far I’ve encountered the reaper three times, always solo, skirmish difficulty. I gave the devs my feedback in the survery, but here we go again:

• It’s way to easy to ‘cheese’ the encounter with the reaper. Find a house, or other decent cover, and you can dance around it indefinitely. My suggestion to remedy this, would be to give the reaper a rocket/missile attack that would shoot straight upp in the air, and from that point, being able to track the player and then shoot and track, straight down.
    That way, you wouldn’t be able to just sneak around a corner of a building to avoid every attack

• When the reaper spawns the “dogs”, they should act far more intelligent compared to current state of the game. Not only should they always try to flank you, but they should also behave far mor aggressively. I don’t know what the devs did in this last patch, but honeslty, the game is easier than ever. Like, why the hell did you change the speed of the rockets from the rocket dogs? Now, they move in slow motion!

• The reaper should charge you way more often. Oh, and that goes for all tanks, and especially rival tanks.

More will follow…

No, they go to “Android Hell”…

1 Like

From all I’ve heard and seen, I’m not very bothered by The Reaper. I can’t seem to get my area scores above about 12 anyway. I like killing rivals when they get to level four, and apparently you shouldn’t. I get bored of “farming” after about a day. Nah, not bothered. Do I look bovvered? Not bovvered…