Relay Beacons missing

Yes, I understand that. My thinking was that the same happens to those beacon lights: at some distance they just remain static - with the odd side effect that they remain fixed in game.

Maybe itā€™s related to this kind of ā€œmisalignementā€ like on the streetlamps !?

A single lampā€¦

Single lamp in X-Ray visionā€¦

Noticed this accidentally while looking around with the binoculars, maybe related, maybe not :man_shrugging:

I have seen the orange lights out in the middle of a field and over other points that I have destroyed Radar Units. They have disappeared when I walk up close to them. Now the bright Red ones blind me and they seem to be up higher in the trees.

Interesting. You sure?

The orange ones have.

So that substantiates my guess that they were added because the visibility of the actual modelā€™s lights does not work well for long range. And on close range they are not needed.

I think its a bug that the Relais Stations not on the Map? I found not one Relais Station more?

And a second Bug is when its Rain, the fire of the cars going not off? Is not real?

And a third Bug i find is, the Pots on the Windowbank are not destroyable? The falls down and not crash? The Lamps semselves

And a fourth Bug is, the green and red lamps on the bed rigt und left in a house are not off when i shot on it?

Heyo, regarding the Relay Beacons not showing, Iā€™ve been having the same issue as you. They do appear on HimfjƤll island, but not on the main one. I am not entirely sure how to fix this, but Iā€™ve found that joining a multiplayer session has reset them on occasion.

Regarding the rain and the fire, I think thatā€™s just a detail that hasnā€™t been implemented although it would be cool to see. Same goes with shooting lamps indoors. I donā€™t understand you regarding ā€œthe thirdā€ bug you mention, can you clarify?

At the third Bug i mean, when i shot on lamps or on plantpots, the pots fallen down, but not crash, the lamps selselfes, when i shot on that, it must be destroyed, but the lamp are shining after shooting on it?

Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s probably just an oversight in the gameā€™s design. I for one love small details though, so I hope to see it fixed one day :slight_smile:

I just recently deleted my character and reset the game and relay beacons previously destroyed are not showing up. I saw that there is the option of joining multiplayer games and some of them show up, but not the first one. Apparently this has been an issue for a long time, I just wanted to check if there was any other advice, ot response from the developers. Xbox version

2 Likes

So I recently found out that any relay beacons that I destroyed on a really old character from around launch day of the game donā€™t respawn on a fresh save which is really annoying. I was further disheartened when I tried to find a fix online including deleting Gen Zeroā€™s documents folder and disabling steam cloud saves and to find people complaining about this issue since mid-2019 and the issue still being a problem in the game :confused: (also the fix I explained above did not work for me). Please fix relay beacons not appearing on a fresh save, I will hold off on playing until this is hopefully fixed and I would love to 100% Gen Zero. :frowning:

I made a post about this several months ago. Incredible anoying. The world gets empty without them and boring. I"m on PS4.

I would like an in game option for delete all characters and start fresh from the beginning.

Potential issue in script conflict.

My first option, delete your new character - delete local save only on console, then re-sync and create new character.

I havenā€™t had Relay Beacons in my game for a long time now. Despite starting over from scratch several times, they never respawned in the game world. Instead Iā€™ve got these weird, floating orange lights hovering above where they should spawn.

This post is old, but from my experience, some relay beacons reappear after a new update, and sometimes they even respawn, my current save is from October 2019 and as of December i had destroyed all relay beacons in the game, they later started appearing in January 2020 with the new update, some were destroyed and reappeared while others have not.

Itā€™s an empty landscape without them. Iā€™ve tried to delete the save file on my PS4 but it didnā€™t help. I think the only solution is a reinstall of the game.

Some beacons respawn after a while. Maybe one out of ten. And always the same ones.

Hi. I have 20 level character and relay beacons dissapeared.

How to fix this without deleting my progress and equipment?

I noticed this problem when TANK destroyed my beacon. He was just bombing there and beacon dissapeared but game not updated my beacon damaged statistic and i didnā€™t get PD for that. Then I noticed that all beacons dissapearedā€¦

In normal game, relay beacons are one time items, meaning if you destroy one (or machine destroys it), it will not respawn again for you to farm XP from them.

There is a way to get relay beacons back and farm XP from them but that takes a bit of fiddle.

Idea is to join new player MP game, where most of his/hers beacons are intact. Then quitting the MP game and joining your own SP game respawns roughly the same amount of relay beacons in your game as there were relay beacons in someone elseā€™s game you joined previously.

But i didnā€™t get PD for beacon destroyed by tank and other beacons dissapeared. i donā€™t say about which i destroyed. I say about all of them. Zero beacons on my map.

I joined multiplayer now and beacon was there.