Relay Beacons missing

Hello devs,

So i wanted a fresh start after you lat4est patch, but even if i delete all my character, uninstall the game, and delete manualy all files on my pc related to Generation Zero, the relay beacons are missing.

The ones that i have destroyed previously. I would love the option them being there, as of now, i cannot destroy them again. Showing relay beacons 0/1.

Please look into this also.

Thanks

Continuing the discussion from Relay Beacons missing:

Disable synchronization of game state saving with the cloud on Steam.
Start the game.
Play a moment.
Exit the game to the desktop and restart the game.
Maybe it will help.

I’m playing on Xbox One and had the same thought after the June update: I wanted to start a fresh playthrough. I deleted all my characters and created a new one. (I did not uninstall the game first). When I reached Abandoned Fishing Wharf there was no Relay Beacon to be found. That location cannot be completed now. I continued playing and if I remember correctly from the previous characters there was supposed to be another one near Stenudden Lighthouse, and another one in the fields around Södra Saltholmen. None of these were to be found either. I didn’t encounter a single Relay Beacon until I surpassed the first (now deleted) characters progress.

So, it seems that the Relay Beacons destruction are not tied to the character but instead to the game itself. Is there a known workaround? Because destroying those beacons give a hefty amount of XP that is very welcome early in the game.

I’ve noticed that Relay Beacons respawn if you join a friend’s session, then go back to your own. It’s worth a shot, anyway :slight_smile:

Thanks for the advice.

I’ve tried and joined a couple of online sessions and gone back to my own map without any luck. The beacons did not respawn. Luckily I had only destroyed 3-4 on my old character - but what about next time I want to play from the beginning of the game? Surely it can’t be the intended behaviour of these Relay Beacons to disappear forever once destroyed - for all new characters going forward. This have to be a bug - not a feature, right?

After the Sept patch and enemy of my enemy wasn’t fixed I started a new game with a new character and after getting to the South Coast realized that I hadn’t found any relay beacons.

I have now found one relay beacon and been two other places that say there is one but I haven’t been able to find either.

I have been streaming almost daily & even in the chat people are asking about the relay beacons missing. I have not seen them either.
SPP

I’ve not seen any relay beacons since the August Update, and I’ve rerolled my save two times. Something’s clearly amiss here.

@Xezr you know how much I love the game & how much I trust the development team. So, this is NO way is intended or should be taken to mean any of that has changed September’s (which is what I think you mean as well) caused some major issues I like the game so much I am going to trust a fix I
this month will come!
SPP

@Xezr wanted to give you an update so that maybe you can pass this on.
Xbox
Joined 4 or five times MP the Relay Beacons mostly came back. The very 1st one to the left of the bridge as you cross into Salthamn is missing still. After doing this my side missions all disappeared but after two Xbox hard re-sets they are back (except stealing from the poor)

Hope this all helps…
SPP