Resistance Weapons Pack

The GZ Twitter just posted our first look at the Resistance Weapon Pack, featuring the Heavy Bow, Flamethrower, and Pitchfork. Releases May 12.

7 Likes

This is the best weapons pack, no question. Flaming a group of runners will never get old.

2 Likes

That looks like they read our topicsā€¦ Or had the same ideas. Great news. Iā€™m excited if there will be more than just normal arrows for the bow.

Methinks there will be.

7 Likes

Let me guess that the promised molotow-cocktail will be part of a second resistance weapon pack.

Or do you think there will be some new free weapons with upcoming updates?

Well the Molotov was first teased at around the same time as the G79, and that came out in US Pack 2. So itā€™s likely that the Molotov will be in a hypothetical Resistance Pack 2. Would fit with the whole ā€˜improvised weaponsā€™ idea of this pack.

Besides, itā€™s been so long since we got free weapons that it seems like the only way weā€™re gonna get new weapons is through DLC from now on.

G79 and Molotov videos from 2021

https://youtu.be/x5HNfLh7oiE
https://youtu.be/3dk3B4wHLUc

4 Likes

This will be the first DLC i donā€™t buy. Using pitchforks and bows on machines just feel stupid. But the flamethrower could be cool.

4 Likes

@Terrorrobot
With this being said, the bow could become very interesting, if shooting with it doesnā€™t attract machines and if it has good physics.

We would have a whole new level of stealth action. And with a bunch of ā€œexperimentalā€ arrows (sorry, just think towards hawkeye) this weapon would be really cool.

Nothing to use against great amounts of machines but to destroy some lonely ones in a stealthy way. The arrows themselves shouldnā€™t do much damage ā€¦ But there could be explosive arrows, shock arrows, napalm arrows,ā€¦ :star_struck:

Edit:
What about magnetic arrows? Shoot at a tank and all surrounding runners will magnetically be attracted for a few seconds. The impact of the attracted machines deals some damage but in general itā€™s used to gather some machines at one place so that another player can shoot a missile at them. :laughing:

2 Likes

I also dont think iĀ“l be buying this.

• Using a Pitchfork against non Human enemiesā€¦is so weird and offā€¦a chainsaw would make a bit more senseā€¦but the noise would be fatal.

• Bows are great against enemies in Far Cry, Crysis, Resident Evil, Zombie games in general and even in Hunting gamesā€¦but against machines they are a bit offā€¦will they be OP or useless? Wont be easy for them to give a balanced Damage to the weapon (might end ā€œokā€ but explosive arrows are a MUST).

• Flamethrower? We are not supposed to get near the machinesā€¦nahā€¦

PS: We keep getting more weaponsā€¦soon we are going to need a Level 6* Plundra Upgrade.

4 Likes

Uhh, bow hunting, sounds fun indeed :stuck_out_tongue:
But then it have to be silent.
And yes, agree to more upgrades to the Plundra.

Now the next we need is a minigun! :stuck_out_tongue:

Love Bow hunting in Call of the wild too :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Iā€™m so happy theyā€™re adding bows, and Iā€™m excited to see how the utility of these weapons integrates into gameplay.

1 Like

The only useful thing I can see with a bow is if you can shoot sticky flares with it.
Iā€™m not buying this DLC now. Maybe later but probably not.

this one actually looks pretty cool getting pretty tired of shooting bullets in different ways xd

2 Likes

Not sure about the fork but these could be interesting if we can change up combat! :thinking:

1 Like

Going to grab that new 5c pitchfork, head into the farmlands and go toss some of those hay bales about. Jam up those pesky hunter knee jointsā€¦

Thatā€™ll learn 'em!

2 Likes

My biggest biggest fear with this coming weapon pack is that it will be OP.

Looking at the previous pack where the DMRs has been underperforming and not lived up to the role they could have had in GZ. I fear that these weapons that should be more or less useless against machines will get buffed to the point of ridiculousness just for the sake of it!

I hope they will be implemented realistically and therefore useless other than as a goof, but Iā€™m not holding my breath!

I am gonna have some fun with these. Iā€™m imagining explosion tipped arrows like John Rambo used against the russian heloā€™s.

Fat chance. In a world where you can take down a tank with a baseball bat in roughly the same time as you can with a recoilless 84mm gun there is no room for realism. :wink:

2 Likes

Donā€™t forget all your cousins !!! :slight_smile: