[resolved] PS4 One Shot trophy not registering

Platform:

• PS4 Pro (System software 7.02)
  • Game version: v1.14 (v.1766507)

Description:

The ‘One Shot’ (hidden) trophy is not awarded when killing a hunter with a single shot using an experimental PVG90. This occurs with both FMJ & AP ammo.

Steps To Reproduce:

• Find a previously undamaged Hunter.
  • Kill with a single shot of the PVG90 (edit: or 5* and 6* grenade launcher)
  • No trophy.

Images / Videos:

Host or Client:

Single player / host / client.

Players in your game:

zrfcksgvn

Specifications:

Hidden trophy, so how do I know what the objective is? A friend of mine got the trophy (not sure with which loadout) and wanted to know if I had it as well. I didn’t so I went hunting for it, I achieved the one-shot kill on a few occasions I know for certain. All kill I’m certain that were a one-shot kill were done using the PVG90, both single player and in co-op as host or as client.

I know there’s older reports on this specific trophy, but seeing as it actually has a fairly decent number of people who achieved it. The issue when using the PVG90 is quite persistent and reproducible for me.

edit 1: it seems that the issue is not only with the experimental PVG90, but also the 5* and experimental grenade launcher. I have yet to get an actual one-shot kill with another weapon at this point. See this comment for instance.

I know it can be achieved with the current version on PS4, my friend did it. We both only started playing Generation Zero a few weeks ago so there’s no chance a difference in game version could be the cause. So I stumped… If I find out anything more or have clear results with any other weapon I’ll update here.

edit 2: I noticed last night the One Shot trophy was listed as achieved. After checking the time and screenshot, I think I had just dropped 2 land mines outside a truck I was looting while a hunter was trying to find me… until he triggered the landmines. I believe it was a military class hunter, one guarding the loot at Averholm Manor where the Stealing from the Poor side mission takes place.
There’s a good chance this was the first military hunter that I killed with one shot, but it’s a guess at best at this point. In any case, I’ll take the trophy and edited the title to indicate this has resolved itself.

Your topic title is off. It’s clearly seen from your vid that your 6* .50 cal shot registers and proto hunter blows up.

Also, i don’t think you can get One Shot achievement with 6* .50 cal. You may not know this but One Shot achievement has been in the game from the launch and back then, we didn’t have overpowered experimental weapons, still, some of us got that achievement, including me.

What the requirements are to get that - i don’t know. I got my One Shot achievement during regular gameplay, back in 19 May, 2019. Btw i play on PC.
I was hiding inside a house. Outside, there were 3x military hunters and 5-6x military runners. One hunter with few runners was next to the house wall and suddenly, huge explosion happened. Lost quite a bit of health and got my One Shot achievement at that point. I went on to dispatch remaining machines. Once the area was secure, i went outside to look what that explosion was.
Turned out that either runner or hunter shot one of the explosive items near the house wall and following explosion took out 2x runners and the military hunter in one shot, thus rewarding me the achievement, without me ever shooting at that hunter.

Welcome to the forums! I took the liberty of changing the topic title a bit to reflect the issue. As far as I know, you’re supposed to be able to get the achievement/trophy with any weapon. I got mine from blowing up a car with the grenade launcher, with a Hunter standing next to it.

I can assume this would include the new weapons as well, but if that’s not the case it could be a bug.

Any details about what class it was? Since when i was hunting for mine, i blew up proto hunter by placing red gas can on the ground, getting into it’s aggro range, letting it to run at the gas can and then used .243 s-rifle to one shot the gas can, which in turn blowed the proto hunter up, but i didn’t get my achievement. Did get it when military hunter blew up in one shot.

It was a while ago. May have been a Proto, actually. One of the first you used to encounter off the starter island.

Back then, mission wise, 1st hunter you met was military hunter at Saltholmen Naval Base (when entering from West). 2nd hunter was proto hunter, also at Saltholmen Naval Base. 3rd hunter was proto hunter during First Contact mission. I used the 4th hunter i met to get my achievement. The one at the bridge between South and North Saltholmen.
That 4th hunter at the bridge was military hunter at the launch but devs changed it to proto hunter in April’s Update. And i set my trap after the update, when it was proto.

Now, with several updates later, there are far more hunters in Archipelago region.

Thanks for the topic update, not sure what wasn’t clear but I was working my way through my first coffee…

I assumed the trophy would be achievable with the experimental weapons, I’ve been trying to get a one-shot kill in with non-experimental weapons but it’s been a bit of a challenge to find the proper hardware at this stage in the game to try with other weapons.

I’ll keep pursuing it further with other means for the time being.

there are far more hunters in Archipelago regio

That’s where I’ve been doing most of my hunter hunting for this, since they reliably respawn at a few places. Just had a stab at two of them with another character (to get a fresh hunter spawn) using a 5* grenade launcher, which didn’t unlock the trophy either…

Granted, achieving this with a grenade launcher would feel a bit like taking the easy way, but going by the trophy description it should still count. And I would actually like to 100% this game :slight_smile:

There’s even achievement of shooting Seeker with m/49 (Overkill). :grin:

Though, what to try: use m/49 against military hunter. One shot is enough to drop it. Or when you have 6* m/49, it’s 2x rocket salvo will drop FNIX hunter (if you hit with both rockets).

Got the Overkill, still cracks me up.

Good tips, thanks. Will keep on hunter hunting but I’m starting to have a feeling it may not just be the experimental PVG90 at this point :frowning:.

I wonder if the .50’s overpenetration is treated like multiple hits by the script checking for the achievement.

I acquired this trophy on beginner island and killed basic hunter 1 shot with a rocket launcher. It registered the kill 5 minutes after completion and gave me the trophy. Splash damage works as well.(I proved this by shooting the car on the bridge beside the hunter occupying the route) Hopefully this helps. If you want more details feel free to ask. Best of luck!

Thanks everyone for the tips, it’s appreciated. There’s several mentions of using the grenade launcher on the first island to get this done. It’s been my main go-to spot to try and get the achievement by with no luck so far, despite getting clean, one-shot kills. The video is in this thread and I think it is fairly clear.

I’ve been pursuing military and FNIX class hunters to try and find out if the prototype hunter maybe was the variable causing this, but it’s been tough trying to keep track of the victims seeing as they’re usually not alone.

I’ve updated my OP to reflect some of my findings, I know it can be done and I know it can be done with the current version on PS4. I’m just not getting the trophy. I need to walk away from chasing this achievement for a bit, it seems a bit futile and I’m just sinking time and resources into this.
Maybe it’ll happen one day when I least expect it, maybe I have some edge-case bug :man_shrugging:

At least, there a less hunters roaming the lands :wink:

1 Like

I noticed last night the One Shot trophy was listed as achieved. After checking the time and screenshot, I think I had just dropped 2 land mines outside a truck I was looting while a hunter was trying to find me… until he triggered the landmines. I believe it was a military class hunter, one guarding the loot at Averholm Manor where the Stealing from the Poor side mission takes place.
There’s a good chance this was the first military hunter that I killed with one shot, but it’s a guess at best at this point. In any case, I’ll take the trophy and edited the title to indicate this has resolved itself.

1 Like

That’s interesting, actually. I suppose mines are technically weapons as well. Good to hear it worked :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Excellent to hear it has been achieved, great work! :facepunch::+1:

1 Like

I also had lots of trouble getting this trophy, last summer. I blew hunters up with a rocket, I shot explosive tanks, I blew up cars, but got nothing. Finally I got it by accident. A hunter shot up a car and killed itself, which gave me the trophy. :smile:

1 Like