Machines teleporting into buildings

yep same on xbox runners and hunter

Very nice Video. At 2:15 you can see that the runner probably dont even know that it is in the house because it walkes onto the wall.
And at 4:55-5:00 for a short moment you can see the Hunter standing in the celler. Well partly, the head is in the upper floor XD
Very good conclusion. An addition from my side would be that it also happend in the small single floor barns. But I guess not that often because you usually stand in one corner and look into the room. So there is not much space for the machines to teleport behind you.
I think now the Devs should have enough to reproduce our problem and hopfully eliminate it soon.
It would be really cool though when the Runners could break a door with their melee attacks and enter the buildings. This way it is not a that save place as it would become then. Or just make more bildings with already destroyed doors.

The flame thrower can kill you through walls, be that a garden shed, a garage, a house or even the walls of a concrete bunker. You still get toasted. Then just to add insult to injury, said hunter just materialises inside the room I’m hiding in and proceeds to hand me my arse. Let’s forget about there being only one door into this room, which is still shut, and concentrate on the fact that the room isn’t even large enough for it to be in, a significant portion of it’s upper body is clipping through the ceiling.

It’s crap like this that is ruining the fun of this game. When will it be fixed?

3 Likes

Same discussion topic merged.

//Mod

This is exactly why I haven’t bought any DLC. Where’s the incentive for them to fix old, very well known, very complained about bugs like this if we ignore them and still buy the new stuff - makes us look like idiots. I vote with my feet, as they say.

This happen much, much more frequently after FNIX rising update, using houses or similar as part of your strategy is more likely than not work now if there is a lot of robots and you are fighting at ground level. (well fighting from towers are also not a valid strategy as the robots notice you way too quickly and with their perfect aim you are pretty much screwed then.)

Platform: PC

Steps To Reproduce: Travel to the lighthouse at Tärnboda (beside the safehouse), climb to the to, aggro all the dogs, wait for them to swarm around the tower, then go to ground floor, if you stand near the door 1-3 dogs will often glitch through the back wall. Other than that Hunters and dogs seem to glitch through any wall if they can fit inside the space.

Images / Videos:

Host or Client: Host

Players in your game: 1,2 or 3

Specifications: Intel i7-8700 @ 3.2, 16 GB ram, GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

Reply moved to proper topic.

//Mod

There are times when I’m playing Generation Zero on Xbox One, and when I’m spotted by enemies and I happen to go into a barn or any type of shelter, somehow over a period of time the enemies have manage to come in through Walls. Also I do always close doors from the outside so they don’t come in. I’m not sure if it’s a mechanic in the game, but it would be nice to be looked into if it isn’t.

Same issue topics merged.

I’m starting to wonder why people doesn’t bother to use the forum search… :eyes:

//Mod

And I wonder why, after more than a year, the devs haven’t bothered to fix it :wink: :smile:

1 Like

it is most likely low priority.

Maybe they’ve been trying to fix it since launch but it’s proving to be difficult to get right :man_shrugging:

We see somehow different behavior since the June patch. Before, the machines randomly clipped through the wall, but now they seem be be “pushed through” by others in case of an intense battle. Doesn’t make any difference though :frowning:

When GZ initially launched, there were no issue of machines getting in houses. Sure, they did clip through the walls a lot. But machines outright teleporting in the house - that wasn’t a thing.

At some point down the line, when devs were fixing the wall clipping issue, they got it right but unforeseen side effect appeared - some machines started to teleport inside the buildings.

At current moment, there is very little if any machines clipping through the walls but it’s quite common to get at least 1 or 2 machines teleporting inside the building you’re currently at during the battle.

Since both are closely related and i also saw that when the clipping got less, machines started to teleport inside the houses instead.

I just stated what i’ve observed over the time.
But these two are already kept apart in the forums. This topic is about when machines teleport inside buildings and here is topic about machines clipping through walls,
link: Enemy Wall Glitching

So i went to Minken Bunker to do a loot run. Then went out and fought a military harvester, and a couple tanks outside the entrance. I then went back to the storage to organize, and then walked out into the big hallway outside the green blast doors to find a hunter. Now i know hunters can spawn inside some bunkers. But I am pretty sure Minken is not one of them. This kinda ties in with the bots glitching into houses. But somehow into bunkers. Pic below, and will try to get vid up.

Screenshot%20(1290)

Same issue topics merged.

Any interior of a building, where machine happens to magically spawn in, is eligible to be posted in this topic.

//Mod

Maybe the title should be changed then to fit the topic a bit better @Aesyle?

1 Like

Corrected topic title to better reflect the issue discussed within topic.

@Admiralgamer Is it now good enough? :thinking:

//Mod