Machines teleporting into buildings

it is most likely low priority.

Maybe they’ve been trying to fix it since launch but it’s proving to be difficult to get right :man_shrugging:

We see somehow different behavior since the June patch. Before, the machines randomly clipped through the wall, but now they seem be be “pushed through” by others in case of an intense battle. Doesn’t make any difference though :frowning:

When GZ initially launched, there were no issue of machines getting in houses. Sure, they did clip through the walls a lot. But machines outright teleporting in the house - that wasn’t a thing.

At some point down the line, when devs were fixing the wall clipping issue, they got it right but unforeseen side effect appeared - some machines started to teleport inside the buildings.

At current moment, there is very little if any machines clipping through the walls but it’s quite common to get at least 1 or 2 machines teleporting inside the building you’re currently at during the battle.

Since both are closely related and i also saw that when the clipping got less, machines started to teleport inside the houses instead.

I just stated what i’ve observed over the time.
But these two are already kept apart in the forums. This topic is about when machines teleport inside buildings and here is topic about machines clipping through walls,
link: Enemy Wall Glitching

So i went to Minken Bunker to do a loot run. Then went out and fought a military harvester, and a couple tanks outside the entrance. I then went back to the storage to organize, and then walked out into the big hallway outside the green blast doors to find a hunter. Now i know hunters can spawn inside some bunkers. But I am pretty sure Minken is not one of them. This kinda ties in with the bots glitching into houses. But somehow into bunkers. Pic below, and will try to get vid up.

Screenshot%20(1290)

Same issue topics merged.

Any interior of a building, where machine happens to magically spawn in, is eligible to be posted in this topic.

//Mod

Maybe the title should be changed then to fit the topic a bit better @Aesyle?

1 Like

Corrected topic title to better reflect the issue discussed within topic.

@Admiralgamer Is it now good enough? :thinking:

//Mod

Yeah it fits the topic better so people wont do new posts :+1: (hopefully)

2 Likes

I also found two hunters inside the Minken medbay, but they might as well been a part of the mission to restore bunker power.
But then after that, there was a rival hunter close to the bunker, and I set out to kill it. Couldn’t find it though I stood right at his map icon.
Went back into the bunker and voilá! It had somehow travelled inside the same medical bay as the two previous hunters.

I’ve had this same issue recently, also playing on PS4 that and they can shoot through doors and walls for some reason

I had this often. When they jumpattack they somehow can glitch even through walls. And sometimes they damage and destroy themselves. :joy:

1 Like

Anyone else done a NOPE before where you sidestep and had them jump into water? Its hilarious i imagine their voices before they do it.

I am not sure if this a bug or intended, lets be clear from the get go…

I find that Runner expecially but Hunters as well are able to appear inside building. While in houses I expect this (say when a Runner charges a window) to happen under some circumstances I did encounter for FNIX Runners that appeared inside the Lighthouse with me this morning while playing.

That makes me wonder if this is related to this post:

https://forum.generationzero.com/t/machines-clipping-through-walls-after-june-update/17651

Or if this is new and a bug that I should report. Thanks for any thoughts…

btw: the Runners with red cabling are FNIX, yes?

Not new, old stuff, lots of people like it, red cabling is FNIX yes

1 Like

Same issue topics merged.

//Mod

What you linked is similar, but different issue. Linked topic talks about machines partly clipping through walls, while this topic (after merge), talks about machines outright teleporting inside of the building.

1 Like

They really should patch it, a house or any building for that matter should be a safe haven since there is so much land in between safe spaces.

Still happening frequently.

In a long drawn out (complete waste of ammo and time battle), two FNIX hunters (red pipes?) appeared in succession behind me in a barn in Damfallet.

10 minutes later, a hunter spawned in a kitchen with its head sticking out the ceiling. I destroyed that, left the kitchen, went back and another Hunter was in there with two Runners - and then a tank leg came through the ceiling too. The kitchen was literally FULL of machinery. It was a joke.

I play on Adventure and it was fine for a couple of hours - the difficulty was just right for me as I don’t play very often. And then suddenly the game seemed to change. I was in a barn in Damfallet when a runner turned up. Then LOADS of them turned up, and (from what I recall - it was very hectic) at LEAST 8 to 10 hunters. Then two tanks. I was endlessly bombarded for ages using up most of the ammo I had. Then a hunter spawned behind me in the barn (again) and blasted me out the door. There was countless piles of destroyed machinery EVERYWHERE. I ran to a house just south of Garphammer (followed by machines) and then suffered round two with endless rockets, gassing and more spawning as described above. Completely out of ammo, I jumped off the back of the house and ran back to the barn to hopefully scavenge something I could use from the destroyed machines. But guess what… All the machines were gone, like it never happened. WTF! I escaped combat, dropped a field radio, went and restocked from a safe house and went back. I destroyed yet another 4 hunters, more runners, and eventually the two machines with long names (rivals?) who were gassing and rocketing me.

And so what did I get for all that time (it seemed to go on for hours) and completely depleting all my ammo, grenades and rockets? Experimental pants and no ammo. What. A. Joke.

I quit the game.

Sorry, that was mostly off topic…