Schematics - Lets talk about it

This goes little off from schematic discussion, is more like feedback.

Recently game was sale in some humble bundle, and watched some new streamers and more experienced players play the game.
Mostly all of them just ignore whole crafting thing. Clothing & consumables. Randomly they find schematics. They still collect the crafting materials.

Acquiring schematics must be easier than just find in random location at massive world. Game doesn’t even guide player anyway to collect them. NPC giving mission, or trade information from NPC by collecting materials, items, weapons, just something.

Or is this suppose to be end game content where you just search needle from the haystack. Or you just use guide to get schematics. But definitely part of the game is missed by most of the players.

1 Like

There is padded schematics which allow you to reduce fall damage. Is this same thing as impact resistance? This might be same sort of naming issue/confusion.

5* padded schematics give +20% fall resistance.

No, those are truly separate. There are shoes from the world that have impact resistance and shoes that have fall damage resistance.

I see, just checked and impact resistance has lightning icon and fall resistance has feather icon on it. They are different.
And with quick search could not find what impact resistance does for your character.

Bullet resistance is already there, so impact resistance is not for that. My best guess would be its linked to steady feet skill, which prevents you being pushed over by explosions and/or machine attacks. And there is no schematics for impact resistance currently in the game.

Interesting find, i noticed it when it came to game. But after that never gave it any thought and always tough its the same thing as fall resistance. Clearly there is now some difference.

I think you’re right about what impact resistance does. In that event, items with some impact resistance could be important, especially for those without that skill… and therefore removing that buff from items could be a big mistake currently without the existence of those schematics.

From another topic:

Note: my char that i tested with, also has Vanguard specialization, reducing all incoming damage by 25%.

Not 100% sure but:
Blast - explosive = all damage that goes boom, followed by fireball. E.g car blowing up, rockets fired at you, explosive gas tank (red tank), land mines, grenades, HE rockets.

Impact = runner melee jump, harv’s shockwave, tank’s stomp, compressed air tank (white tank).

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for that information. Seeing these lists makes a lot of sense… the visual effects of these look similar in the game. For a moment I was worried that impact only handled the runner melee because the icon for impact looks electrical and when they do their attack, you get the typical shockwave effect on a small scale, but you can also see a lot of electric discharge coming from them.

So, it’s definitely decided for me, under the current situation of there not being impact schematics, that I never want to overwrite impact resistance with some other crafting schematic.

Impact resistance isn’t the only resistance which can’t be crafted in the game. Another one is gas resistance. But since only a select few face masks offer it, you can’t “overwrite” the bonus since there is no face masks crafting in the game (at least not yet).

Also, i’m not sure if hunter’s pneumatic blade slash/stab would be also considered as “impact” damage. It could be though.

It very well could be since the steady feet skill seems to counter it well.

Steady Feet skill doesn’t let you to drop down after runner jump attack (among many others alike), thus making you vulnerable for other attacks for the time your char takes to get back up. But i’m not aware that it also protects you of said damage. :thinking:

I’m actually uncertain now. I do know that I can still get heavily damaged by the attack, but I haven’t fallen from it… it could be that I’m just faster now. Or maybe you never fall from it? I am remembering falling from it in the past, but it could be a false memory.

There have been tweaks to the game and i can’t recall right now either if hunter melee attack also drops you from your feet or not. It could be where slash attack doesn’t drop you but stab attack does (since hunter jumps at you when doing latter attack).

Adrenaline shots are great for copper - gas bottles give explosive, which is cool, 'cos you can do a fast-travel shopping trip to the warehouses and pick them up ten at a time…

1 Like

I have gathered some Schematics from several Tanks, if i remember well it were 3 crown clothing schematics

Fireworks are also great for copper, cost a bit more 20 of them for 1 or 2 copper but i can find so many of them in one session

This is one THICC thread so I haven’t read everything. But I’ve now acquired every schematic currently in the game so ask me anything etc. etc.

Can you put a list of ingredients the 3c-5c schematics need to be crafted? Like:
3c Blast Res Shirt
5 textile
10 rubber
5 plastic
or whatever the amounts and resources are.
Edit/PS: If you have the time, of course.

Re (including edit): no that would take forever. There are 69 (nice) dropped apparel schematics.
I could send you 69 screenshots in zipfile via dropbox.

However there is a pattern so I can share that:
Blue is the same as Green counterpart with the addition of 7 Titanium/Aluminum (and upped to 42 of one resource and 14 of the other two resources)
Purple is the same as Blue with instead 12 Ti/Al (69 of one resource and 23 of two)
For all Golds you add 9 tungsten (18 Ti/Al, 105 of one resource and 35 of two)
(Green 30 / 10 / 10)
(Grey 24 / 8 / 8)

1 Like

Yeah, dropbox. I don’t know much of how it works, so just Direct Message what I need to do, once you have the screenshots.
Thanks for the help. All info goes to the wiki.

So, still no schematics for mines?