Schematics - Lets talk about it

Check my edit on previous post.
I have now both on boots and pants 5* athletic, and on jacket and shirt 5* Camouflage
I might craft two sets, One that includes fall damage reduction, for mountain climbing. :grinning:

1 Like

I havenā€™t been able to find any resources to craft ammo.

You need to recycle other types of ammo. Also flares, fireworks and adrenaline shots.

You can recycle items at a recycling station to get resources. Check at that station what items will give the resources you need. So you then known what to look for in the world.

Iā€™m confused about the clothing schematics, if someone could clarify for me it would be great.
You can find items that have impact resistance or explosion resistance. You cannot find schematics for impact resistance nor explosion resistance (unless Iā€™m just unlucky??)

However, there are schematics for blast resistance.

What exactly constitutes as a blast that is not an explosion?
Is it the shockwave defense of the harvesters a blast?
What is the stomp of the tanks? Could be a blast, but I suppose it could be an impact.
Iā€™m uncertain, but I believe maybe the impact is just for defense against the runners. Is this the case?
If you get hit directly with a rocket, is this an impact and an explosion?
Maybe blast covers both impact and explosion???

You see, since I cannot find any schematics for impact nor explosion resistance, Iā€™m very reluctant to nullify something found with 2% impact/explosion by replacing it with 3% blast resistance because there would be no way to revert it back.

There are most definitely explosive resistance schematics 1c-5c. Not sure about the difference between the various schematics you mention though. Also you can switch between clothing schematics at any time. You just craft it back on. Say I put a 2% bullet resistance on my pants. I can just craft explosive resistance on to it at any point if I want to.

Are you sure? Not only have I never found a single explosion resistance schematic (nor impact), the wiki doesnā€™t list their existence either. Just blast.

They most definitely exist. I will edit this message with a screenshot to show this. The wiki is community run, and the wiki team on the discord has not added them yet. You can add them yourself if you want.

Wait hold on, my bad. And I stand corrected. There is no such thing as explosive schematic. I was so sure because I have had 3% explosive on my jacket for the longest time. It is just called blast. oops.

No worries. For the longest time I thought maybe they were just named differently but did the same thing. But if I try to put blast on explosion, it will replace explosionā€¦ and then thereā€™s no way to get explosion back after that point.

That is weird. As blast is explosive resistance.

If that truly is the case, then the same issue still holds for impact.
I have a feeling that blast covers both. They probably found it easier to make 12 schematics (blast X 3 tiers X 4 items) as opposed to the 24 required to cover explosion and impact. Just a hunch thoughā€¦ I donā€™t know a reasonable way to test that theory. I hope it is, then I wouldnā€™t feel reluctant to replace either.

I am pretty sure blast only covers explosion damage, not any other type of damage. As this is what the description in-game says. While impact covers the shockwaves/melee attacks. Does not make sense to combine them. This means there would be 5 schematics for each. With crown levels 1-5.

Although, now that I have looked a little into it, there are no placed impact resistance schematics (that I can see). The only ones I know of are specific clothing that have it by default.

This is weird, as you think it would be added. Maybe there is and I am just missing it. So I think I get what you mean now. You have something with impact resistance, and you were going to add a blast(explosive) resistance to it. However t would in turn remove the impact resistance already there.

Ah yes, youā€™re right. When reading the schematic description, things named ā€œBlast Resistantā€ supposedly provide explosion resistance.

I would make a bug report on that. See if a dev could look into it.

My guess is that it was an accident. As before crafting was ever a thing, clothing could have the explosive resistance on it. But when the devs added the schematics, they named it blast. And now we have both.

Schematic name says blast resistance, and crafted clothing then have explosion resistance bonus.
Yes, it quite miss leading info. And should be fixed to avoid confusion.

I see. Ok then. So blast is equivalent to explosion, thatā€™s fine. No problem there.
I guess the real issue then is simply that impact resistant items exist in the world, but no schematics. So, if you remove it from the item, thereā€™s no way to get it back unless you turn off the cloud and wipe everything for a fresh start.

Iā€™m not so certain thatā€™s a bug. It might be intended, but itā€™s odd.

This goes little off from schematic discussion, is more like feedback.

Recently game was sale in some humble bundle, and watched some new streamers and more experienced players play the game.
Mostly all of them just ignore whole crafting thing. Clothing & consumables. Randomly they find schematics. They still collect the crafting materials.

Acquiring schematics must be easier than just find in random location at massive world. Game doesnā€™t even guide player anyway to collect them. NPC giving mission, or trade information from NPC by collecting materials, items, weapons, just something.

Or is this suppose to be end game content where you just search needle from the haystack. Or you just use guide to get schematics. But definitely part of the game is missed by most of the players.

1 Like

There is padded schematics which allow you to reduce fall damage. Is this same thing as impact resistance? This might be same sort of naming issue/confusion.

5* padded schematics give +20% fall resistance.

No, those are truly separate. There are shoes from the world that have impact resistance and shoes that have fall damage resistance.