Schematics - Lets talk about it

@Aesyle
I feel like you haven’t even read my proposals.
As I said

Yes I agree but then you need to guide them the where in general they need to look
as I said again

one way to fix that is by giving them for example a picture in-game or a note that describes where it is ex: behind the red house at [location name]

So they don’t need to look trough 7 regions again if you missed it with no clue as to where it could possibly be. all you have to do is narrow it down from the whole world to ex: southern Forest region, that could be a massive help immediately

But there is. You can’t use 3*, 4* or 5* schematics unless you have already found the 1* and 2*
A fix to that is what I proposed in my first Proposal

As you said

That would be fine if the schematics that you need to google after are higher quality than what you could loot, or already have.

I also touched on this in my second proposal.

By giving players easier access to lower tier schematics you get more players to use the crafting mechanic in the game.
As i proposed in my first proposal

Which will make the need to find 4* and 5* schematics much less necessary

Well the Gnomes, Dala horses, audio logs etc. are as you said collectables and serves no purpose to the game other than being cool to find. schematics for clothing and ammo do have some use in the game.
And I don’t think you can compare them since they have completely different windows under LOG

If that’s not the case then why don’t we compare it Main Missions and Side missions to. so you have to google for mission locations? that sounds like bad game design to me.

Or it could be a less efficient recipe; like it costs more materials to craft the same amount of ammo(Or vice versa, less ammo for same amount of materials).

I did read all of it but i don’t think much of it.

No. You don’t need to guide players to X spot. Small children, ages below 5, may need guidance (finger pointing) but teens above 12 and adults, don’t need spoon feeding. Unless, you’re talking about … :thinking:

It isn’t “broken”, so, there is nothing to “fix”. What you are suggesting, is making your life easier and that’s pretty much it. I, in the other hand, love to explore on my own, without game telling me where said item is, thus spoiling the surprise.

Moreover, clothing schems are optional, not mandatory. It’s not like where you have to have 2* bullet resistance jacket schem, in order for you to progress in missions or gain access to specific part of the map.

Machine blueprints are also collectibles but they have a great value, since once you get one, you can see machine components in Tech View, giving you crucial information about that machine and it’s weak points.

That is implemented in the game already, where during one mission, you will find one 1* schem, as mission item. And that specific schem is also findable outside the mission, if player doesn’t want to do that mission. Here, i don’t see the point to include all schems into missions.

Currently, there are 0 restrictions in gaining 1* and 2* clothing schems. During exploration and if you happen to see a schem, you can just pick it up. And that is it.
However, your 2nd idea of putting them into missions will effectively lock them. Meaning that you must do that mission to get that schem.
And your 1st idea gives devs far more work to code all that, since game has to constantly check what kind of schems you already have, so it can “spawn” the correct schem on that fixed location.

1 Like

I second this. The same thing for ammo blueprints; in the inventory, and in the crafting stations. It makes crafting just a little bit harder than it’s needs to be.

100% with you , I don’t think much of the ideas either.

1 Like

Absolutely this !!

It seems it’'s the same on PC and it’s a total mess when you try to search for a specific schematic.
Let them get sorted by type and class and maybe put them in a grid like the other collectibles with empty places when that schematic is missing. Something like that…

My 2 Ct.

Something like that? … I do it by myself to make it easy for crafting :wink:

3 Likes

Alright I know i got ADD (which to be fair had you no reason to suspect) but I don’t really appreciate your comment, I apologize for my more aggressive response to you earlier.

Fair point I didn’t think about that.

I know it would be more complicated and I’m no master at coding or programming but I imagined it wouldn’t be harder than an [If - Else] statement but then again I don’t have any knowledge on what programming language that has been used and how that might affect the rest of the code.

I understand that my idea didn’t resonate as well as I had hoped it would so i’ll just lay it to rest

to be fair, I have no information how the schematics have been integrated into the game from a new players perspective so I might have based it on some info/experience that may no longer apply.

[edit] It was no need for me to mix my ADD into this, I apologize for that

Fixed placed schematics and other items (weapons, first aid kits, a-shots etc) are static items in the game and are hand placed in the world. Essentially, in the game code, it is written similarly to this:

name: collectable_mixtape_05_apostolic_band
 X-axis: 3550, Y-axis: 2340, elevation: 521

That above is example of one of the first mixtape collectables, named Apostolic Band, that you can find inside the truck cabin at Iboholmen Church, with correct X- and Y-axis co-ordinates. Elevation i put randomly since it isn’t located at sea level.

In the game, there are no dynamic loot, which your 1st idea suggests for. What there is, is random loot in forms of loot bags/boxes. How the in-game code for those are, that i’m not sure, but there is some defined range of which quality (tier) items you can get from these.

For example: in Archipelago region, you won’t find 3*, 4* or 5* weapons and attachments, confirming that the loot code is written region wide, where you can only get 1* and 2* weapons and attachments.

But how to write the code in your 1st idea, that i have no clue. But that much i can say that it will be far more complex than the current code for fixed placed objects, since game has to check what schematics you already have, so it can give you the correct one.
This means that devs have to go over ALL fixed placed schematics, to give them the dynamic loot status. Moreover, devs have to also edit the rival loot table code, and add 1* and 2* schematics to it, if they follow your 1st idea.

For new player perspective, it goes something like this:

• from exploration, new player can find all 1* and 2* clothing schems, which he/she can craft, if materials are available.
  • 3* and up clothing schems are obtainable only from rivals, which are mini-bosses and are essentially late-game enemies. Especially since below char lvl25, no-one is getting experimental weapons from Rivals, making little value going after rivals on lower levels.

If the point is to streamline schematics they can drop the * values and make the cumulative. As an example to get to 5* you need to acquire 5 schematics. How you do it would but up to you.
e.g.
1 region + 4 rivals
2 region + 3 rivals
or just 5 from rivals if you missed all the region placed schematics. If more grind is required rivals can drop fragments e.g. 1/2, 1/4 schematic.

Yes I saw this and what you did is perfect. Can you do this in the game for the rest of us ??? LOL

Sorry i can’t in the game :blush: this is een self made excell sheet that i fill in whenever a schematic drops in.

I finally have all 115 apparel schematics that are now in the game. So no more need to create rivals for that. I need to think what sort of apparel-boost would be best to craft up to 5 stars. 5* Jumping shoes seems helpful when you are a explorer.

I have both athletic shoes and pants on one of my characters and the difference in jump height is quite significant.

In the green buildings I hit ceiling with my head :upside_down_face:

@0L0 @Gysbert
Guys, you are missing the best one, The fall damage shoes, it reduces the damages from falls, and it actually is worthy, it was ridiculous how some small jumps gave me damage before.
Really makes the difference.

Yeah, but you can’t have both on one pair of shoes. Fall damage, I’m not really worried about that as I get damaged one way or another anyway, but an athletic boost is something I like to test out. Not sure yet for the other clothes.

Green house jump test… Check.:crazy_face:

1 Like

What does the athletic boost really do?
Does it enhance the running and stamina?

I haven’t checked what all the athletic boosts are. But one is Jump height.

Edit:

Did a jump test with just the boots 7% jump boost, and 5* Jump boost pants. I Can now jump from one roof to the other. And jump over those green hedges. See pic.

1 Like

It´s just jump…i searched it already

1 Like