Schematics - Lets talk about it

The drop rate of 3 star and above schematics are a bit low don’t you think? So far I’ve only gotten seven 3 star schematics, and two four star ones. At this rate, it will take me a year or two to get a full set highest tier :smile:

Also, I really hope they’ll introduce schematics for mines!

High replayability mechanic. Just kidding though. It might be your luck because mine is pretty bad as well.

I don’t think so. What little time i’ve had, to play GZ lately, i’ve found plenty 3* and above apparel schems.
So far, i’ve found: 7x 3*, 7x 4* and 3x 5* schems.

My apparel schems

Given that you can now recycle all the items, it’s only matter of time when schems for all the items also make it to the game.

1 Like

I was thinking of a more improvised looking device so it looks like it’s been constructed in a cellar/in the go instead of a legitimate munitions factory. something like: two pieces of dynamite with a circuit board. stuck together with duct tape

1 Like

Well, GZ isn’t like most games and there are several mechanics different in GZ, which makes GZ stand out and unique.

Yeh and most of the different mechanics present are appreciated and make it unique in a positive way.
But the Schematics are a “bad” one, a bad choice by the devs.
The only positive side over here is that they don´t really matter that much.

3 Likes

Yes, but to have to find, randomly scattered round a 20 square kilometer map, 48 plans to make a 3% difference to one characteristic is tediously unique, and I have had one schematic dropped from a hundred big machines, and nothing from any rival. If a level four rival is a Hunter I can’t tell the difference among the corpses - they’ve none of them got anything except .44 ammo, or 7.62 from the militaries.

Sweeties I don’t get, and in passing, I have not seen a weapon drop from a machine in six months. Not one. Sometimes an extended mag for a Kpist, but nothing better. Do you know, I have searched the map from top to bottom, killing every machine in my way, culling the rivals like sheep, and I still don’t have an extended mag for the 59 machine gun. I got a one-crown drop from a Dog of all things, just after the machine guns came out and I reycled it by accident. I wasn’t paying attention because I’d never seen a machine gun, apart from the one-crown in the Police Station.

That’s by the by - but if you get a three-star shirt after an epic battle, you should be able to put it on!

I sound like I’m whingeing, but remember I’m a fan…

3 Likes

I compleatly agree with you, when I saw that you need the lower star versions and I realised how much work that is for a very small effect I decided to fock it. I want to play after my work and have fun and not work another few hours.
Maybe we should make a separat thread about the feedback to this mechanic?

I personally also think that the loot pool of rivals should be changed. Currently you get lets say one experimental item per rival drop. And that can be one of the experimental weapons OR one of the experimental clothes. I would change it to one weapon AND one clothes. just to reduce the grind and lower the frustation when you kill 20 rivals and get no weapon.

1 Like

Discussion moved to proper topic. :wink:

//Mod

1 Like

I have similar experiences.
Today I killed 2 Reapers and damn was that a good feeling to finally get a weapon from both.
I think GZ should reward players that want to play a few hours a week or at the weekend and not make the grind as high that players who want to invest hunderts of hours dont get bored to fast.

I agree, some rivals only give a weapon or an experimental clothe, sometimes it´s worse and they give one of the only 3 Bike colors :sweat_smile: .
All clothing schematics should be available in the Game world.
The devs could put them and some supplies inside Fnix outposts or old bunkers, but with many sentries, many machines that will give a lot of resistance to us.
That way we still have not only to find them, but fight for them.
Seems fair to me

1 Like

I actually thought about a different mechanic. Instead of machines/rivals dropping 3, 4 and 5* schematics I suggest to let them drop only one of 3 Upgrade kits.
The Kit is able to unlock a higher * Version of a schematic of your choice.
Lets say you have the schematics of a 2* fire resistant jacket. You kill a rival and it drops 5* upgrade kit which is able to upgrade one 4* schematic of your choice to 5* level. It would also be cool if you could decide whether you want to use it on the 2* fire resistand jacket to upgrade it to 3*.

For example FNIX and APO machines could drop 3* Upgrade Kits.
Rivals of Proto and Military tier could drop 4* Upgrade Kits.
And rivals of FNIX and APO tier could drop 5* Upgrade Kits.

Advantages:
Instead of having a random drop of the many chematics which results in a very low success rate of geting the one you want we would have only 3 different drops. We than could specificly upgrade the schematics we want. That would avoid the frustation in getting the schematics we dont need significantly and would make it much more fun to play towards a goal and have progress along the way. This continuous progress gives you a rewarding feeling and is motivating.
Too much randomness results very fast in an unmotivating grind.

1 Like

I am not hunting for the schematics, but still once in a while I find one more. So far I have 85 Apparel schematics, 23-one star, 23-two star, 21-three star, 10-four star and 8-five star.
Just two more 3 stars to find to complete that set.

One could say that all classes of the weapons should have specific spots in the world as well. Yet, many 5* weapons doesn’t appear on the game map and none of the 6* weapons appear either.

Most of my Rivals have nothing at all on them. Killed a level four Harvester the other day and it had nothing, but nothing, I wanted, except a tube of adhesive I didn’t need.

Two days ago I got the last missing one, 115 in total :slight_smile:

1 Like

So…

I’ve been thinking about the schematics and how they don’t really work the well
when it comes to clothing you can get 3* to 5* schematics as drops from rivals but 1* and 2* Is something you still have to find.
So let’s say you have been farming rivals left and right, like really grinded them so you have a 3*, 4* and a 5* bulletproof jacket and then you find 2* bulletproof jacket but you can’t use any of them until you find the 1* bulletproof jacket.

which is now located at one specific location in the whole map (excluding Himfjäll), maybe you even searched the location where it was and just overlooked it, so you now go with 4 schematics for bulletproof jacket and can use non of them.
So then you google where it is, which is in my opinion unintuitive(not sure if that’s the right word), and bad game design since you shouldn’t have to seek out external sources to accomplish something or discover something in the game if it’s meant to be found then there should be enough tools/hints/guiding to point the player in the right direction.

First Proposal

Expand

So one idea i propose is that Rivals will drop the lowest tier schematics that the player is missing.
and any schematics that you pick up in the world will also be one level higher than what you have

for example if the player doesn’t have lets say: Blast-Resistant shoes, the rival will drop 1* blast resistant shoes and can then drop up to 3*
And if you loot 1* and 2* form a rival and then you find the original location for 1* then that will instead be a 3*.
That in turn will let a rival drop the 4* schematic so you can then google the location of the last blast resistant shoes location still a bit unintuitive but much less than it is currently

Another example with this system: lets say if you find 1* then the rival can drop 2*, 3* and 4* schematic
So let’s say you found 1*, looted 2* and then found another one which is now 3* then the rival can drop 4* and 5*
Or 1* looted, 2* looted* 3* found, 4* found then 5* looted

So either way just be farming rivals you can achieve all 3* schematics so you get some use out of it.

Second Proposal

Expand

Somewhat similar to the first proposal but this one can give you quest for looking for the schematics or simply give 1* schematics as a quest reward

This in my opinion could be better for ammunition schematics since that could be more useful / needed in a gameplay perspective. So then I propose to give the player low quality ammo/ 1* ammo that does only perhaps 70 - 75% of the damage that normal ammo does as a quest reward so that the player has access to it which, although doesn’t fix the possible issue of not finding a schematic and having to rely on google or internet in general, greatly reduces the need to do so.

I feel like this two proposals could greatly benefit the game since you give better access to mechanics that could then be utilized by even more players, this in turn could put more emphasis on having to craft ammo later on since ammo would in reality be harder to come by as time progresses.

Since how it works right now a lot of players are just ignoring it since they haven’t found the 1* schematic for something they want or need.

Having game mechanics that rely on information that many must seek for, outside the game, aren’t very good game mechanics.

Many games work like that, where player needs to put some effort in, to find what he/she is looking for. And if player doesn’t want to put the effort in, he/she can always “cheat” the item location from internet.
There is no requirement what-so-ever to look the fixed spawn location from internet.

In GZ terms, that includes all collectables (garden gnomes, dala horses, audio logs, machine blueprints, vacation photos etc).

So on the PS4, the way apparel schematics show up is in the order you collect them, , fine yeah but it leaves you with the mess in the picture, yeah MESS !. Can we not get some sort of better structure other than going thru one by one trying to see what we still need . It would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like